New Snow White to be released

Two new Snow White movies coming out next year. One stars Julia Roberts as the wicked Queen, the other stars Kristen Stewart as Snow White dressed in armor sporting a sword and ready to battle Charlize Theron as the wicked Queen. Definitely not what Walt envisioned i’m sure :blink:

Stewart suits up for battle in ‘Snow White’ - Yahoo! Movies

I know they’ve made Cinderella movies that were not Disney-like but more closer to Grim’s fairytails, but the actors chosen were able to pull it off and show a good product. What’s your take on the choices for Snow White so far. I think i’m interested in seeing both.

I love adaptations on classic stories. Always interesting to see what the writers, directors and film crews can come with. I’m looking forward to seeing both, be it that both seem closer to maintaing/ or at least trying to stay close to the the Grimm story line.

OOh the jury is out for me- I dont like change that much and especially with a much loved story- I like the sound of Julia Roberts as the Wicked Queen, but as for the other story with
Kristen Stewart, I know that wouldn’t appeal to me.

I’m like Dixie… Julia Roberts as the wicked queen sounds cool.

But Kristen Stewart as Snow White??? First of all… Snow White is supposed to be childlike. Kristen Stewart is man-like and has a really deep voice… I can’t see any resemblance to Snow White except for maybe the fact that she’s grossly pale. And… I don’t know why no one in Hollywood notices this, but… Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress!!! She is perfect for children’s movies and soap operas. There is absolutely no emotion in her voice… her role in Twilight was laughable.

[QUOTE=dixie;1084708]OOh the jury is out for me- I dont like change that much and especially with a much loved story- I like the sound of Julia Roberts as the Wicked Queen, but as for the other story with
Kristen Stewart, I know that wouldn’t appeal to me.[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly, I don’t need to add anything else because you said exactly what I’m thinking.

I’m going to stomach through K. Stewart as Snow White to see Charlize as the Queen. I bet she can be really wicked :laugh:

Obviously in these two it’s going to be all about the Queen :happy:

Charlize Theron (Queen) & Kristen Stewart (Snow White) in Snow White Huntsman vs. Julia Roberts (Queen) & Lily Collins (Snow White) in The Brother’s Grimm: Snow White … I’m thinking The Huntsman version is going to do better as Stewart will still be on a popularity high coming out of the Twilight saga films.

And I do agree with MickeyBug … these films definitely will be about the Queen since such big casting was done for the parts.

me not so much dont mess with my fairy tales.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1084709]I’m like Dixie… Julia Roberts as the wicked queen sounds cool.

But Kristen Stewart as Snow White??? First of all… Snow White is supposed to be childlike. Kristen Stewart is man-like and has a really deep voice… I can’t see any resemblance to Snow White except for maybe the fact that she’s grossly pale. And… I don’t know why no one in Hollywood notices this, but… Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress!!! She is perfect for children’s movies and soap operas. There is absolutely no emotion in her voice… her role in Twilight was laughable.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head. I feel the exact same way about Kristen Stewart. I can’t stomach watching her. I would like to see Charlize Theron as the queen, though. I think she could fit the part well. I will definitely give the one with Julia Roberts a shot. She could give the queen a really cool twist!

I don’t really have an opinion on Kristen Stewart; Twilight was so awful, but I didn’t think she stood out particularly as awful.

That said, I think that picture of her as Snow White is stunning and awesome. Makes me think I may want to see it!

In other films K Stewart has done she didn’t have the same stalled emotions as her performances in Twilight, same for R Patz in his other films. She’s still young and inexperienced with a lot of room to grow so there may be hope yet in pulling off a decent storyline here. I hope so anyway if i’m going to spend 2 hrs watching it for the rest of the cast:happy:
I remember the first film I saw Julia Roberts in. Satisfaction with Justine Bateman. She was Horrible, but look at the powerhouse she’s become now.

There are not great Actor’s, only great parts. Can’t remember the film I heard that on but it has proven to be right time and time again in many cases.