New Stroller Rental Option

Fellow MB’ers:

Saw this link from another site for a new service offering stroller rentals & thought I would share:

Magic Strollers - Brought to You By Owner’s Locker

It is from the same people who run “Owner’s Locker”. Looks like the prices are fairly reasonable AND they deliver to your resort.

I so would have done this, had it been available when we went down… What a great price!

This looks like a good option for small children, not for my 6 year old that wanders and 8 year old that can get lazy. I like them to walk, but when it’s crowed it’s easier to push them and not have to worry about them wondering off.

This definately is a great deal!!!

Wait, $25. for the first day? What does a stroller cost at WDW per day? I bet not more than $ 9.00. Or am I wrong?
I have to say though, those strollers look wonderful/comfortable.

Back in May we paid $90 for 7 days on a single.
(I still could not get into it :laugh:) They did change from the year before, they were smaller and lighter.

[QUOTE=Dopey;998316]Wait, $25. for the first day? What does a stroller cost at WDW per day? I bet not more than $ 9.00. Or am I wrong?
I have to say though, those strollers look wonderful/comfortable.[/QUOTE]

I think a double at WDW is now $31 a day. :eek: So yes, this is a GREAT deal!! Plus, these are great strollers, unlike the plastic ones at WDW.

Plus the ones you rent at WDW are only available at the parks, not at your resort. These you can take anywhere!!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;998319]I think a double at WDW is now $31 a day. :eek: So yes, this is a GREAT deal!! Plus, these are great strollers, unlike the plastic ones at WDW.

Plus the ones you rent at WDW are only available at the parks, not at your resort. These you can take anywhere!![/QUOTE]

Holy Moley :ohmy: The last time we needed a stroller it was something like $ 8. per day.
I’d say this magic stroller is a relatively great deal :blush:
Now I understand why people bring their own

When we went last yr I saw the prices on the plastic one’s and thought UHH NO! I searched and googled til I found a light weight umbrella w/ carrying straps that could handle heavier kids, etc. Spent $50 on sale at Babies R Us, and dh loooooved it. I still use it all the time. Well worth the $ since it was mine & we could use it all over and my mil w/ a bad back could even carry it (8lbs!) But heck if thee had been available I might have used them.

Definitely a good deal. I’d like to recommend this to my friend who is going in December. Anyone know if there are any other charges that we don’t see there on that page? Like delivery fee, taxes, “FL stroller/personal transportation handling fee for tourists”, perhaps?

They soooo get you with the stroller rentals. But I must say they are REALLY good strollers.
One year we went into town and bought one for like $12.00, a cheap umbrella storller, it did the job. As we were leaving we gave it to a couple we saw in the lobby of PORS and said “pass it on to someone when you leave”.
I always wonder about that stroller :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I must say not the same as a Disney ones.

I have to say that Owner’s Locker has been a great company to deal with. I haven’t rented a stroller from them, but I love my purple owner’s locker :happy: Their customer service is extraordinary.

We always took our regular stroller, which was heavy and difficult on the buses. This year, since my youngest was 2 1/2, I knew I still needed one, but I could not bring myself to spend the $ to rent one.

I ended up buying the Evenflo XSport Plus Convenience Stroller to take. Here it is at Baby Depot It is about $40-$50 and it is an umbrella style, but larger and sturdier than cheapy umbrella strollers. It was very easy to navigate and convenient. It has cup holders, zip pouches and a small storage area under the seat. I kept it in the box for checking at the airport. We had no problem on and off the buses.

I would recommend this to anyone with a little one. It was much more cost effective and I have used it since at the mall, zoo…etc. I don’t feel like I threw my money away and I can sell it at a garage sale when I no longer need it.

Don’t underestimate the value of being able to take these strollers out of the park. One of the times you most need the strollers is leaving the parks after a long day. Having to check the stroller at the gate (as you do with the WDW rentals) and carry/drag/cajole your little one to the bus/car/tram etc. almost defeats the purpose.

These people are going to make a mint! What a great idea! The City Mini is a FANTASTIC amazing stroller too! I wish I could afford to buy the double for home!