New Test Track

So it looks like youtube videos and photos from the Test Track refurbishment are starting to pop up. I watched some today and the queue is unrecognizable! I had heard that it was mostly a change to the queue and the post show but the ride is completely different, like a futuristic ride through a virtual world. The effects seem super impressive but I can’t decide if I like it or not? :laugh: I am such a creature of habit that I love my old familiar WDW rides.

What does everyone think?

Full Test Track 2.0 queue, ride, and post-show at Epcot, Walt Disney World - YouTube

O
M
G
I love this ride so much, and I can’t wait to get back now. This video has made me freak, even from the silver railings in the queue. How wacky is that?

Watched it again – yes, a freak – and I loved it again! I got that sort of “gotta go to Disney” breathless feeling when the car took off after the seat belt check.

Aulani may have to wait…

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1126349]So it looks like youtube videos and photos from the Test Track refurbishment are starting to pop up. I watched some today and the queue is unrecognizable! I had heard that it was mostly a change to the queue and the post show but the ride is completely different, like a futuristic ride through a virtual world. The effects seem super impressive but I can’t decide if I like it or not? :laugh: I am such a creature of habit that I love my old familiar WDW rides.

What does everyone think?

Full Test Track 2.0 queue, ride, and post-show at Epcot, Walt Disney World - YouTube[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this! It looks awesome. There is something to do while slowly making your way to the track…and then there is something to do when you come out—like the simulators they had when Test Track first opened up…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1126358]O
M
G
I love this ride so much, and I can’t wait to get back now. This video has made me freak, even from the silver railings in the queue. How wacky is that?[/QUOTE]

Ha, I showed the video to my dad and he had the same reaction. He kept saying, “I want to go! I want to go!”

The design process seems really fun!

it’s funny. i was on you tube going through all the rides with my daughter yesterday and i was specifically looking for the new test track. i couldn’t find it. i came on mb and “walla” there was your post. thank you. my daughter is so excited. we just got back from sushi and she watched the video at least four more times at the restaurant. she told me in my truck that test track is her favorite ride. can’t wait. six more day’s.

Rode it today… Very much like the old one but updated.

It looks so cool. It reminds me of the other with an updated twist.

AWESOME!!! Can’t wait till I get back in Oct. 2013.

That’s because mousebuzz is better than other sites. I find it’s easy to find any Disney info I’m looking for (and some cool stuff I wasn’t looking for) on here very quickly.

As far as the updates, I’ve never been a TT fan, so it can’t help but make it better for me. I like the design your own ride thing, but I haven’t watched the whole video yet, so I’m not sure how it implements it into the ride.

It looks amazing!!

I watched this video three times in a row! Can’t wait until next Thursday when I get to create my car and ride the ride!!

Favorite new video… It’s making have that stupid ear-to-ear grin, just like an actual trip on the ride itself.

The pre and post areas are amazing. I am afraid DS will not leave this attraction.

It looks like the Tron world now.
The car creation bit is really limited and from what I’ve seen, you can’t come up with a killer car. They all have deficiencies and advantages. Not sure how your “car” works on the various stations in the post ride area though.

I think the ride is better now that they have done away with the pre show briefing on the test track and the ride is now more ride and less a demonstration of the GM proving ground. You design your car as the queue progresses and the line simply moves until you get to the load area without any extra fanfare (like the pre show).