New transfer options from MCO to resort

For those of you who dont’ like using DME, there are some new transfer options for 2007 vacation packages. DME will still remain free, but here are your choices:

Star Exclusive Van Service
Exclusive Van service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Van service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Vans seat 11 Guests and 20 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $135, from Sanford $160.

Star SUV Transfers

Ford Excursion SUV service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. SUV service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. SUVs seat 7 Guests and 10 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $145, from Sanford $220.

Star Limousine
Luxury limousine service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Limousine service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Limos seat 6 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $145, from Sanford $220.

Star Town Car
Lincoln Town Car service that takes you directly (no scheduled/routine stops) from your point of arrival to your selected WDTC vacation package resort/hotel. Town Car service includes meet/greet in the baggage claim area AND driver gratuity. Town Cars seat 4 Guests and 3 pieces of luggage. One-way price from MCO/Amtrak $85, from Sanford $145.

Guests who wish to stop along the way to their hotel must call Star at (407) 888-5530 to schedule additional stops. Cost is $25 per 15-minute interval
(subject to change) and is paid to the driver.

Also, for those driving to the parks, effective Sunday, the automobile parking rate increased to $10.00 per day at Walt Disney World theme parks.

I love those rates, most are almost double ours at Quicksilver…:eek:

And remember folks, Quicksilver will always be there for you.:wub:

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

LOL, I was going to say the same thing. Disney must be getting a huge cut of that!

Wow. You could rent a car for the week for the price of a one-way trip.

I was looking at the town car…“seats 4 guests and 3 pieces of luggage”??? Does the fourth person go naked???

LOL… I was thinking the same thing…poor naked fourth guy.

:pinch: Let’s hope Cavey and family don’t go for that option…we all know he has been itching for an excuse to bring out the thong!:ohmy:

holy cannoli! That is a serious chunk of change for a towncar!!!

I have to agree. Quicksilver would be cheaper and less hassle.

Quicksilver would be cheaper AND the grocery stop was real saver for us!

We’ve already reserved Quicksilver for next year. We took the free DME this year, but it was a real hassle lugging a carry-on filled with Gatorade & juice boxes. May not even be able to do that now on the airplane. Plus I shipped by UPS a box filled with other snacks, paper goods, etc, and had it held at the resort, not realizing they charged an additional fee to “hold” the package until our arrival.

Looking forward to the personal and very professional services of Quicksilver in 2007.

Wow…:blink:

What was the “hold charge”? I never heard anyone mention a cost. And like you , last trip we brought some juices on the plane, can’t do that anymore. That grocery stop is becoming more important.

We stayed at CSR and had a box delivered to the resort for a Tuesday arrival (just to be sure it got there) before we did on Thursday. When my DH went to the receiving room, he had to pay something like $16 to them for “holding” it. Now, last year when we stayed at CBR, I had asked about shipping a box there and they said they did not charge anything to hold it. (Wound up I didn’t send a box anyway.) So I just assumed the same when I shipped a box to CSR. Maybe their policies are different because it’s a convention center. So, ALWAYS ASK, NEVER ASSUME.

Next year we’ll be able to pick up all of those extra items I shipped when do stop at the grocery store when using Quicksilver.

I think I will stick with Quicksilver!

Its so expensive!!! OMG!!!
Im still sad that I cant afford to do Quicksilver this time… Im stuck with the darn ME and the big bus to the boat and back… it was just was too much for my family of 6- (sniff sniff…) We loved QS the last time we took it

A question. My dh and I were thinking of having our driver stop for some groceries in Nov… What happens if your room isn’t ready and you have milk or something frozen?:confused:

Jeez those rates are a joke, right? :laugh:

Uh…quicksilver it is still gonna be for me! :whistling $85 ONE WAY for towncar? I don’t think so!!!

Someone please tell me about quicksilver. I’ve only used DME or off property private transport. I really hate having to be back at the resort so early before departing to catch our flight, wasting time in the airport. Maybe this would be a better option?