New tsa rules

My questions is,and I only ask it because a source told me that disney has recieved more than the normal cancellations because of the new pat down rules…has anyone cancelled because of this,the sanford orlando airport is breaking away from TSA and going private with their security,I wonder if Orlando will go the same route…

Holy moly, I can’t believe that that is true. Do you believe that John?

I know people are upset but, cheesus, get a grip people. And I can just imagine that the people that have to do this job are not comfortable either.
I would much rather be safe(er) than not. Of course I would be happier with that body scanner.
Now that fact that pilots might not have to go through this is not sitting right with me.

Sanford is looking into going private. Looks like they might. OIA will most likely not go private.

As for this increasing safety. Your chance of being killed because of a hijacking of an airliner originating in the US is much less then 1%. Your chance of getting skin cancer (based on the manufactures radiation data) from average exposer to these new X-ray machines is higher then 3%.

We would be better off with system the increased inspection the more flags your profile set off. Use dogs that can sniff explosives and upgrade our Air Marshall service and steward training.

The big story not being reported is all the insider lobbyist activity behind the buying of these new x-ray machines. The tax payers are being fleeced and groped.

[QUOTE=tigger;1057232]…

The big story not being reported is all the insider lobbyist activity behind the buying of these new x-ray machines. The tax payers are being fleeced and groped.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: good one tigger

It wasn’t a joke (this time).
Look, let’s face it. If a TSA screener is jamming his hand into my butt, we have most certainly lost to the terrorists!
You know that the real experts are all saying that all of this is just over the top and not effective in the least.
I ought to leave it there before I really go off on a rant.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1057230]Holy moly, I can’t believe that that is true. Do you believe that John?

I know people are upset but, cheesus, get a grip people. And I can just imagine that the people that have to do this job are not comfortable either.
I would much rather be safe(er) than not. Of course I would be happier with that body scanner.
Now that fact that pilots might not have to go through this is not sitting right with me.[/QUOTE]

just reporting the rumors,i personally don’t care ,but the question would remain why 2 different scanners,when one gives off more radiation than the other,i would opt for scanner anyway …the grope doesn’t make sense to me if you really want to hide something on you there are ways the gropewouldn’t work,and some larger persons have built in hiding places,just joking

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1057235]It wasn’t a joke (this time).
Look, let’s face it. If a TSA screener is jamming his hand into my butt, we have most certainly lost to the terrorists!
You know that the real experts are all saying that all of this is just over the top and not effective in the least.
I ought to leave it there before I really go off on a rant.[/QUOTE]

Oh duh, I know it isn’t a joke. Not as stupid as I look.

I want to be safe, but I am not for the body scanners. They are a total invasion of privacy. If they can show if a person is wearing exploding underwear then they can show if someone is wearing an adult brief or has a colostomy bag. That is not right that they may have to explain that. I feel specially trained dogs may help. Plus what is the long term effects of being scanned? I am grown, but my children are not. Who knows how many times they might be exposed to one given the amount we travel? And if I don’t want them to be scanned, my only alternative is having them groped?

I was “groped” for a flight when I couldn’t remove a thick silver bangle bracelet (the clasp was broken). It was thorough but I took it in stride.

Yeah? I’m not the one calling myself “Dopey”:tongue:
(If I was a dwarf, I’d be the 8th dwarf, Snarky)

hopefully some sanity will come from the uproar,they did liquid,we stopped liquid,they tried with shoes,we took them off,we are losing this war,we are americans and nothing will stop us,unless we stop ourselves…and they win,I for one will fly,I did 3 weeks after 9/11 and I willtomorrow if necessary…enough of my rant,but i just had to say it…we need to put our heads together,and find a wayout of this…

Pat, scan, sniff, dogs… I really don’t care. There are so many ways to beat the screening system we currently have in pace it’s crazy. I just want to be safe. I think scanning is best, but then someone will come up w/ another type of device.
Also, are we all really stupid enough to think those in charge have really stopped all access to cargo getting on a plane w/ a device? I think everyone here is smarter than that. Many times cargo is screened off site, sent to the airport and placed on the very plane we are flying on. Without any further scanning at the airport.
If someone can come up w/ a system I am all for it. But until then I guess it’s pat down’s and scans for me.

I am for anything that stops me being exploded into a million pieces at 33 thousand feet. Does anyone really think that security cares a jot what you are wearing underneath? or the invasion of your privacy? All they care about is whether you have the intention to do harm to yourself and others. At the airport here I had the body scanner and the pat down and I couldn’t care less, I was just grateful for their vigilance. The aircraft is the terrorist’s method of choice. Just recently as Pam&Rich rightly says, they tried the cargo route and almost succeeded. We should take advantage of every method of security because these guys wont stop, they haven’t finished with the US or the UK, its just a matter of when and where.

Oooo:pinch: I already don’t like flying, and won’t unless it’s completely unavoidable like an emergency type situation but this is making me like it even less. Driving is sounding better and better everyday:wink:

I for one am not afraid and will take my chances,like I said before I flew 3 weeks after 9/11 and i just cannot be worried,if the pilot flies i fly with him,if the stewardeses get on that is good enough for me,the point is life is dangerous from playing sports or driving a car,if it happens it happens,i cannot be afraid to for dying,because i will be already dead while i am alive…now back to the magic,i am censuring my self…live people this not dress rehearsal

Amen to that, terrorism by its very name is just that, making us terrified to continue to live our lives. I too will continue to fly… but keep that security high on both sides of the pond please, does make it a little less worrying.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1057253]Yeah? I’m not the one calling myself “Dopey”:tongue:
(If I was a dwarf, I’d be the 8th dwarf, Snarky)[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would fit :biggrin:

it really does. I am not comfortable flying either.
How many hours does it take from northern Michigan to WDW :rolleyes: I might have to drive next time :pinch:

But as long as I fly, I am going through all the hoops that they want me to go and I hope it’s enough to keep the creeps at bay

Hey, it could be the pilot that is up to no good. And I hear they are exempt from the ordeal.

If a pilot wanted to hijack a plane I don’t think an x-ray and pat down is going to stop them from being successful.