New WDW Ticket Prices listed here!

This link has the prices: Walt Disney World Tickets, Discount Disney World Tickets - wdwinfo.com

Looks like my annual passes only went up 10 bucks, not too bad!

$10 more for an AP over last year?
I can accept that, but my premium AP is up $20, I guess that’s still acceptable. But that means we’re shelling out $1138 to renew 2. One day ticket prices up $4 over last year, well…
Maybe they ought to take a moratorium on all price increases for the next year or two.
Back to my AP renewal. That’s 6 months of cable TV (all premium channels and HD), 3 and a half months of electricity, or the monthly escrow (property taxes and insurance) on my mortgage! Unfortunately, our renewal date coincides with our yearly anniversary visit to WDW, so I pretty much can’t let it lapse. Makes no sense if we’re doing 6 days in October and then 3 days in December.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;981747]$10 more for an AP over last year?
I can accept that, but my premium AP is up $20, I guess that’s still acceptable. But that means we’re shelling out $1138 to renew 2. One day ticket prices up $4 over last year, well…
Maybe they ought to take a moratorium on all price increases for the next year or two.
Back to my AP renewal. That’s 6 months of cable TV (all premium channels and HD), 3 and a half months of electricity, or the monthly escrow (property taxes and insurance) on my mortgage! Unfortunately, our renewal date coincides with our yearly anniversary visit to WDW, so I pretty much can’t let it lapse. Makes no sense if we’re doing 6 days in October and then 3 days in December.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, the DVC member AP renewal (non premium) when up $20. UGH!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;981741]

Looks like my annual passes only went up 10 bucks, not too bad![/QUOTE]

Where did you see that? I’m seeing 20 bucks. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Wow…better than I thought it would be.

I’m happy that the premium annual passes for FL residents only went up 10 bucks ~ seeing how I will very shortly be a FL resident :wub:

Overall, the percentage increases do not bother me much and will not change when we go or not.

However, I will say this - I think Disney could have gotten a million more miles out of holding prices steady this year and touting the fact that they are “Helping Families Visit the Happiest Place on Earth”. Given the economy, I think the PR would have been worth the extra money.

Just my two cents.:laugh:

I just can’t understand the need to raise prices this year. The parks were packed last week, restaurants full, hotel full and everyone walking around with Disney stuff on them (which means they were also shopping). In my opinion they should be grateful that people are still coming to WDW in droves despite the economy. Raising ticket prices just seems greedy to me. Don’t get me wrong I love everything Disney and this won’t stop me from going back…I just don’t understand it.

Boy did I misread the chart! I didn’t think I’d spent that much to renew last year.
Fl resident premium AP, which is what I have currently renews at $434 and goes up to $444, or $888 for two adults. That is better than having to shell out over $1100.

I’m a FL resident!

“Free Dining” “Buy 4 get 3” Profits 26% down over last quarter . . . this is why the prices must go up! For the quality of shows, entertainment and just overall WOW of WDW (rides, fireworks, etc.) I don’t think $10-$20 is too much for an increase. YES, I wished they stayed the same too . . . but even so, for the price of a seasonal pass for me . . . it’s like TWO TRIPS to the local zoo, so I think I’m getting a good deal still! :laugh::laugh: (as long a Fl resident room rates stay low, right now a value is $59/nite through the end of the year)

[QUOTE=Soundgod;981851]Boy did I misread the chart! I didn’t think I’d spent that much to renew last year.
Fl resident premium AP, which is what I have currently renews at $434 and goes up to $444, or $888 for two adults. That is better than having to shell out over $1100.[/QUOTE]

The chart is confusing . . . you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the FL resident rates!

I too agree that for what you get, WDW still represents great value. I am just a bit disappointed that Disney did not use the economy as reason to hold prices for the current year. It seems practical to me.

I have to consider myself super lucky FIL is a cast member. I never knew the prices for tickets was so high, and am actually shocked reading that. I understand the Disney magic and all the money it must take to keep it going, but man, that got me. I doubt we’d really be able to go if we had to pay for tickets!

[QUOTE=Jen;981777]Wow…better than I thought it would be.

I’m happy that the premium annual passes for FL residents only went up 10 bucks ~ seeing how I will very shortly be a FL resident :wub:[/QUOTE]

As a neighbor of Pennsylvania, I have to say that I am sooooo jealous that you will soon be a FL resident!!!

Congrats on leaving those wonderful midwest winters behind!:happy:

The price increase isn’t to bad, now what are they gonna get us for the rooms and dining??

Everything goes up…oh well. They still have my vacation money.

If new attractions had been introduced, then sure. But, the only things that seemed to be heaily invested in were new time shares, places to eat, new shops, and the new Stitch Show (which didn’t go over very well).

Where’s the consumers return for the increase. In fact, Space Mountain and Living with the Land are not even available for some time.

I do understand the needs to cover rising costs and higher minimum wages, but the single day ticket prices should be lowered. I also understand the desire for Disney to push multiday vacations, but right now I think making yourself more short term vacation friendly is a smart move. I can live with most of the prices, but the single day tickets are really high.

Plus, they cause SeaWorld and Universal to think they can raise their tickets that high as well. Of Course they will give you five days to a week for tht cost, but still, their parks don’t really warrent that many visits. :laugh:

Oh, and btw… hi! I am amazed at how many veterans are still very much regulars on the forums. Good to see you guys and gals.

[QUOTE=wdwspider;982282]
Oh, and btw… hi! I am amazed at how many veterans are still very much regulars on the forums. Good to see you guys and gals.[/QUOTE]

waves Good to see ya :happy:

SINCE I CAN’T POST THIS AS A NEW THREAD! :pinch:

Link: New Disney World ticket, resort hotel, and dining package prices for 2010 released

The new Walt Disney World ticket, resort hotel, and dining packages for 2010 are more complicated than previous Disney travel packages have been. Moreover, annual and seasonal passholders appear to be getting the short end of the stick.

The 2010 rates for the Disney Dining Plan vary according to the season, similar to Disney’s resort hotel rates. This change makes it hard for guests to know exactly how much they are paying for the Disney Dining Plan, which ranges from $41.99 to $46.99 per day for an adult and $11.99 to $12.99 per day for a child between the ages of 3 and 9, for the Basic Plan. Specific information regarding the different Disney World ticket, resort hotel, and dining packages is available here.

When Disney World first offered ticket, resort hotel, and dining packages to guests a few years ago, it did not make them available to annual or seasonal passholders, who receive discounted rates at Disney’s resort hotels. Disney corrected this problem in recent years by allowing passholders to add the Disney Dining Plan when they reserved Disney resort hotel rooms.

Nonetheless, Disney passholders have not been able to take advantage of Disney’s free Disney Dining Plan promotion for guests staying 3-14 consecutive nights at Disney resort hotels. Passholders must choose between the discounted passholder room rate at Disney’s resort hotels or the free Disney Dining Plan for travel through December 17.

Florida residents and annual and seasonal passholders help fill Disney World’s restaurants and resort hotels throughout the year. Although Floridians and passholders receive discounted rates at Disney’s resort hotels, they do not receive discounts on the Disney Dining Plan. Florida residents, passholders, and Disney World cast members can join the Tables in Wonderland discounted dining program, which offers a 20% discount on food and beverages at select Walt Disney World table service locations, but the Disney Dining Plan is a better deal. With the Disney Dining Plan, all meals include free beverages and dessert. Moreover, guests who pay for the Disney Dining Plan have the freedom to select the most expensive items on the menu at Disney’s table service restaurants, whereas Tables in Wonderland members receive a flat 20% discount on food and beverages. Additionally, guests who use the Tables in Wonderland card have an automatic 18% gratuity added to their bill, whereas tipping is left to the discretion of the diner with the Disney Dining Plan.

Guests with the Disney Dining Plan also receive priority when making dining reservations. The moment guests reserve their hotel rooms, the reservation agent prompts them to make dining reservations as well. Reservations can be made as early as 90 days in advance of travel. Agents typically suggest some of the most popular restaurants to guests reserving their hotel rooms. Therefore passholders, Florida residents, and Disney World cast members with the Tables in Wonderland card (which costs $75 per year for passholders) find it increasingly difficult to make reservations at restaurants such as 'Ohana, the Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey’s, and other popular restaurants–especially character dining locations.

Coupled with the recent price increases for Disney World tickets, the increased rates for the Disney Dining Plan in 2010 deal Florida residents, passholders, and all who cherish Walt Disney World a double whammy.

pretty simple explanation…effective July 24,2009 FSLA had minimum wage raised to $7.25 for hourly, up from $6.67 in 2006, and $4.23+tips for servers.