Next star of Beauty and the Beast on Bway

…is non other than Donny Osmond!!!:blink:

I jut got a promo in the mail for discounted tickets to see him starring in the show beginning in November.

It didn’t say which part he’d be playing, but I just can’t see where he’d fit in…definately not the beast…maybe Lumiere?

Well, if anyone out there is a fan of his, I’d be happy to pass on the discount code. I know I won’t be using it.:laugh:

ew.

ew ew ew.

Perhaps Gaston? I dunno…he’s not the buffest guy, but he can kinda belt it.

I’m kinda on the ‘ick’ track too there

He did a fine job in Mulan, didn’t he? :huh:

He was the singing voice of Shang…

I suspect Gaston is probable. Also played, in the past, by Hugh Jackman. :wub:

David

I love Donny!:wub:

I KNEW you would!:laugh: :laugh: Isn’t it a law for you anyway? hee hee

I really like Hugh Jackman too. I just don’t see Donny as a buff, overbearing, macho huntsman. Just doesn’t seem his part.

Yes, if you’re mormon and you don’t like the Osmonds they kick you out.:laugh:

Semi-confirmed, at least on Wikipedia:

Donny will return to Broadway in September of 2006, in the role of Gaston in Disney’s Beauty And The Beast.

And indeed confirmed on his own website:

It’s no Beast for Osmond, but rather Gaston, the muscle-bound rival for Belle in this long-running adaptation of Disney’s classic animated film. The actor will begin performances Sept. 19 at the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre for a nine-week limited engagement.

I’d still prefer Hugh though. :wub:

David

I’m telling Donny you said that.:glare:

That’s why they call it acting. :cool:

After all, Hugh has managed to play Wolverine and Gaston and Peter Allen, of all people, so… :laugh:

David

I thought there was that rule on the books!:laugh: :laugh:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

And I MISSED THAT?? :crying:

Please excuse me while I drool…excessively.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

You and me both!:blush:

Aww…poor Donny Osmond is getting a bad rap! I like him! And since his sister is finally doing something now (she’s judging that Celebrity Duets show), he can’t let her have the spotlight alone!

I think that is in their contracts that they both have to work at the same time…because, after all, She IS a little bit country and he IS a little bit rock n roll…

True enough…but there is such a thing as type casting too y’know!

And besides, just because it’s acting, doesn’t mean it’s good:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There was quite a difference between Wolverine and Peter Allen though!

Ya think?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ROFL. I think Donny is a little geeky but he reminds me of when I was a kid. :heart: I LOVED the Donny and Marie show - remember they always wore purple socks? AND I even had the D&M DOLLS!!! :laugh: …oh and a D&M lunch box and a D&M microphone that really worked and it even gave me and electrical shock once!:blink: :blink: :blink: …and lots of D&M coloring books and paper dolls (remeber them??) not to mention their records. I was a fan.:blush: …but it was cool back then!:laugh: