Nice View?

Port Orleans - French Quarter - Smoking Room.
Paid the extra money to upgrade to a Water View.

Will I have a Nice view or was it not really worth the price?

Anyone Know ?

You will have a beautiful view of the Sassagoula River - very tranquil. POFQ is such a small resort that there aren’t any bad rooms. (Although pool-view rooms can be noisy). I guess it depends on what’s important to you - the majority of the rooms are situated around little “squares”, like little parks - very pretty. Some do overlook the parking lots.

Stayed there in october in a smoking room. It’s building 2…perfect location. You will not be sorry.

How much extra is it? We stayed at POFQ 2 years ago and are going back in June. We did not upgrade to the water view. The entire resort is really quite small and tranquil, but it would be nice to overlook the river. I think water view doesn’t guarantee a river view, though. I don’t think it would be worth it to me to pay extra to look at the pool.

I think the “water” views are the river. And “pool views” are - well - pool views.

No, water views can be either river or pool. If you have a preference to what type of water you must specify.

The following is from allearsnet.com:

~~The most expensive rate is for a water view room. This can be either a Sassagoula River view or a pool view. If you have a preference, be sure to indicate at the time you make your reservation, and again when you check in, that you prefer a “river view” or “pool view”. Given the lush landscaping, most rooms have quite pleasant vistas. The lowest priced rooms may face a parking lot, or garden areas. ~~

POFQ don’t distinguish between the two. You can only select standard view or water/pool view. There’s no guarantee of which you’ll get.

Really? Well, you learn something everyday…