Nick Hotel

Last year the troop went to SeaWorld with our GS Cookie Money, this year the girls want to try the Nick Hotel . . . has anyone been?

I’d love to know what you thought! See a few pictures if you have them.

Thanks! :wub:

Never stayed,but pay close attention to opinions and reviews. I have seen a 50/50 mixture. I personally, if given the chance or reason, would try it simply cause it looks so dang cool!

It does look cool but you’re right about the mixed reviews–they’re either really good or really bad.

To me, it doesn’t look inviting. EVen my kids agreed. It’s just a huge rectangular building that’s brightly painted. When we go to FL, we like to have the whole tropical thing going on, or that swampy feeling of WL or POR… If you’d like to stay off property, try Vistana Resort (just around the corner from Nick) or Marriott Imperial Palms (directly across the street from Nick).

This has NOTHING to do with going to Disney!:happy: I always stay on property . . . that’s a given!

This is about my GS troop!

Nick Hotel has a Girl Scout “Thanks a lot” event during May.

You can get discount rooms and the kids have a party with Sponge Bob, do fun events, earn badges etc. All the other scout leaders I’ve spoken too say it’s FUN FUN FUN . . . our cookie earning will pay for it.

Have you seen the website? The pool is AMAZING … . my kids can’t wait to hit the slide and get SLIMED!!

I’ll take pictures and post when I get back . . . That won’t be until May.

I was just wondering if anyone had gone . . . and what they thought? Just wanted a few more opinions. Thanks!

We have been twice and would definitely go back agai given the chance!!

My daughter and I have been there. She keeps asking me to go again! We had a room overlooking the parking lot which I found out was a godsend because it is so loud on the pool side. Everything is onsite at the hotel that you need, there is character dining, buffet, pizza, sandwiches, even a small convenience store. There are nightly Nickolodeon shows to participate in. The pools, there are 2 of them are fantastic, and there is a poolside bar and snack station. The rooms are themed and the kids have a separate room (we had bunk beds) from the adults (I had a king) and the master bedroom has it’s own TV, so you don’t have to watch Nickolodeon 24/7! There is a sitting room (couch) with a TV, fridge, sink and table. The only downside that I found was the walls are thin, Florida doesn’t need insulation, so you can hear the people in the next room. I do have pictures but I am not at home right now, I can post them later if you would still like them. We had a great time, this establishment used to be a Holiday Inn, and still has the feel of a Holiday Inn. All the kids there had a blast! If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them!

I think it looks like it would be a ball. I know my youngest son always asks about it. We haven’t had a chance to stay there, but it definitely looks like the kind of place the kids would have a ball at!

Thanks for all the info everyone . . . cookie sales are sloooooow, like everything else in the world . . . so I’m hoping we can go!!

My kids loved it! Everything was very convenient to our rooms, and walking distance. We had 2 bedroom with bunk beds, a half kitchen, and another room with a full sized bed. Nice living area to boot. Now the kids rooms did have some drawings on the walls from other kids, but the place was clean and large enouph for us. They also had tons of activities onsite, and decent restaurants. Really nice. Now we go there more often because my mom works for the hotel and we get her discount…but even if I didn’t you can still catch some good deals if you time your vacation right.

This is the only pic I could find.

I have had a couple of friends that have worked out there during the holidays and they both loved it. One of them also worked on the first cruise, too. They (Nickelodeon) really pride themselves on making sure kids can be kids (coming from someone who also previously worked for the Nickelodeon product.) I think that you would have a great time. Good luck with your cookie sales!

[QUOTE=nitaworm;928645]My kids loved it! Everything was very convenient to our rooms, and walking distance. We had 2 bedroom with bunk beds, a half kitchen, and another room with a full sized bed. Nice living area to boot. Now the kids rooms did have some drawings on the walls from other kids, but the place was clean and large enouph for us. They also had tons of activities onsite, and decent restaurants. Really nice. Now we go there more often because my mom works for the hotel and we get her discount…but even if I didn’t you can still catch some good deals if you time your vacation right.

This is the only pic I could find.

[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty fun to me!

From one leader to another Good Luck with the selling!

You too! I sold 21 cases . . . my other leader 30!! But then last night two Mom’s returned 11 cases! :eek: Now it’s back to sell! sell! sell! :laugh:

The pool looks great!! Thanks for everyone’s feedback!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;928971]You too! I sold 21 cases . . . my other leader 30!! But then last night two Mom’s returned 11 cases! :eek: Now it’s back to sell! sell! sell! :laugh:

The pool looks great!! Thanks for everyone’s feedback![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the return cases.I have yet see or hear about GS cookies this year in my area.I love GS Cookies!!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;928971]You too! I sold 21 cases . . . my other leader 30!! But then last night two Mom’s returned 11 cases! :eek: Now it’s back to sell! sell! sell! :laugh:

The pool looks great!! Thanks for everyone’s feedback![/QUOTE]

Oh no! Keep selling!!! You are lucky your girl scouts are young because once they get to my DD age(14) they will want to go to Disney year after year with the cookie money.

OH no . . . NJ selling has ended . . . I think it was November? I can ship you some if you want some?

Well, they all want to go to Disney . . . but it’s a lot of $$$ and we’d have to sell a LOT of cookies! :laugh:

yeah my girls always want to go there and my only complaint is IT IS A LOT OF SELLING:laugh:

YAY! This weekend is our GS trip to the Nick Hotel!! :happy:

(of course I’m leaving early Friday to go to WDW first!) :blush:

I’ll be sure to do a TR when I get back . . . it’ll be a Nick/Disney TR . . . if you don’t all mind? :happy:

We have lots planned! (we sold lots of cookies) :glare:

1. Build a Buddy (like build a bear)
  2. Spongebob Beach Party Bash (an “on deck” party with SB and all his pals)
  3. A character breakfast with all the Nick Characters
  4. PLUS the amazing pool and SLIME time! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I’m sure I’ll be comparing it to Disney the WHOLE time I’m there! :blush:

Can’t wait to share about the trip! :happy: