Nightmare before christmas (opinions please)

I was wondering, this is one Disney movie we don’t have, but the kids keep seeing commericals for it and my sons seems a little interested, how is this movie? is it freaky scary for them?
their ages are 7, 6 and 5…
thanks
Danielle

Really not scary…actually very sweet. My son was about 7 when it first came out…he loved it, and still does.

it creeped me out and i was in highschool!
but it is an AMAZING movie and think that kiddies will enjoy it!
heck my DH let my 2 and 3 yr old watch gremlins the other day, the whole time i was freaking out and they LOVED it.
my kids aren’t normal…

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1002235]it creeped me out and i was in highschool!
but it is an AMAZING movie and think that kiddies will enjoy it!
heck my DH let my 2 and 3 yr old watch gremlins the other day, the whole time i was freaking out and they LOVED it.
my kids aren’t normal…[/QUOTE]

lol thats funny…i think i might give it a try, thanks!

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1002220]I was wondering, this is one Disney movie we don’t have, but the kids keep seeing commericals for it and my sons seems a little interested, how is this movie? is it freaky scary for them?
their ages are 7, 6 and 5…
thanks
Danielle[/QUOTE]

For many of us, it’s a holiday tradition to watch again and again. I don’t really seem to get tired of it. the first time I watched it, I found it odd. but as time has gone on, I have grown to love it as one of my favorite movies. The songs are fun and it seems there is always something new to see each time you watch.

I watched it and still to this day find it strange but wouldn’t have a problem with someone your kids age to watch it

GTK, thank you!!!

I think I’m the only one in the world who didn’t really care for it! I slogged through about half an hour before I’d had enough.

My DD9 is obsessed with this movie . . . she loves it.

It’s not really scary (or worse then your average cartoon) but it might not hold their attention. I’d recommend renting it first or borrowing it from a friend and seeing if they like it.

my oldest son has watched it since he was an infant (he is now 6, and recites the movie by heart) our youngest (18 months) cannot watch it enough. it really depends on the kids, but it really is a good movie.

another trick - put the closed captioning on, so they can sing along with the music (get it interactive)

[QUOTE=chris24;1002277]my oldest son has watched it since he was an infant (he is now 6, and recites the movie by heart) our youngest (18 months) cannot watch it enough. it really depends on the kids, but it really is a good movie.

another trick - put the closed captioning on, so they can sing along with the music (get it interactive)[/QUOTE]

oh neat, thanks!

Funny how this movie has become part of pop culture for older kids…teens. There’s a whole line of merchandising aimed at teens. My 15 yr old even wears it. (and he’s WAY too cool to wear Disney stuff :laugh:)

Nope-you’re not the only one in the world. I don’t like it either so there’s at least the two of us.

We have the movie and our kids like it too. DS was a little skeptical when he was younger but also has a very vivid imagination and movies tend to scare him easier. But he’s now 7 and DD5 likes it as well. DD3 watches it, but could take it or leave it. The movie is very cute and fun, well worth a watch.

Make that three on this forum! I saw this with my college roommate when it first came out. We were both DL employees and typical Disney-obsessed, and neither one of us could stand it.

I love it, Your kids will love it, I promise, go and buy it :smile:

We now have four. I saw or tried watching it when it first came out. Then last year after we came back from MNSSHP I thought okay, heard the song over and over, nope, could not watch it again. Guess I just don’t get it