Nine Dragons - Is It Really That Bad?

I’m trying to think of some new dining experiences for our upcoming trip. Nine Dragons is one restaurant we’ve never tried, mostly because of the negative reviews I’ve read - but I want to try some new places (for us) this time. Is it really that bad?

We ate their last trip…the food is average. We did the same thing wanted a new dining experience. It is checked off our list of places we are and won’t do again. We also ate at Yak and Yeti the same trip which in comparison to the same type of food was just wonderful. We will do that again. Hope that helps

Not a fan…but I have only been once.

Same as Tigger, only been there once and was neither impressed nor enthralled.
I had hoped that they’d overhauled the restaurant’s menu when they overhauled the building, but from the sounds of things, I can still get a more enjoyable meal from Crazy Wok, and for less.

Note: I ate there in 2006.

Well, I guess I’ll scrap this idea. I wanted to be able to say I’ve eaten at every Epcot restaurant.

we loved, loved, loved it … we ate there last November… very pretty inside… very good services,… our waiter was young but very nice, great food. only problem was huge portion. we could have shared our meal… we are going again. :mickey:

It’s good to hear something positive! I don’t care if it’s not the best Chinese food ever in the history of the world - I just don’t want it to be horrible. And I really wanted to see the restaurant. OK - now I’m re-thinking again.

[QUOTE=llama;1086962]It’s good to hear something positive! I don’t care if it’s not the best Chinese food ever in the history of the world - I just don’t want it to be horrible. And I really wanted to see the restaurant. OK - now I’m re-thinking again.[/QU

it was very good more like the stuff we get at our local Chinese place. i guess it is more Americanized. both dd and i had some kind of stir fried rice with shrimp and veggies. a step above the normal fried rice… it was very good but as i said a too big portion. we also had egg roles that were very good. dh liked it and wanted to eat there again. I actually have been thinking of switching to yak and yeti just to try something new… we alys seem to eat at the same place when we go down… :mickey:

[QUOTE=faerie dust;1086963][QUOTE=llama;1086962]It’s good to hear something positive! I don’t care if it’s not the best Chinese food ever in the history of the world - I just don’t want it to be horrible. And I really wanted to see the restaurant. OK - now I’m re-thinking again.[/QU

it was very good more like the stuff we get at our local Chinese place. i guess it is more Americanized. both dd and i had some kind of stir fried rice with shrimp and veggies. a step above the normal fried rice… it was very good but as i said a too big portion. we also had egg roles that were very good. dh liked it and wanted to eat there again. I actually have been thinking of switching to yak and yeti just to try something new… we alys seem to eat at the same place when we go down… :mickey:[/QUOTE]

We ate at Yak & Yeti shortly after it opened. We weren’t overwhelmed. I had the honey chicken and it was pretty tough - but I’d be willing to give it another try.

I agree! Great service, lots of food. My mom and I each got the make your own noodle bowl (we both loved it) and we agreed we could have shared one order. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We were celebrating my birthday that night - our waitress brought me a birthday card and sang to me in Chinese!

I’m glad for some positive thoughts. Yes - I’m going to give it a go.

Nine Dragons is NOT my favorite. IT’s not atrocious either. However, I recommend the Teppon Edo.

It’s not horrible. It’s just, IMHO, a bit expensive for food that you could get at any good local Chinese place. The food is not bad at all the place itself is beautiful.

I think this is the review I hear the most.

For us, we feel the same way about le cellier. Good food but aside from the cheese soup (which I’ve made at home), local steak places are as good.

It is strange how ND is always compared to “local” restaurants but others are not. Is Via Napoli serving something that can’t be bought at home for half the price? Nobody has a great steak house that serves a NY strip cheaper then WDW at home? I like to order the lobster at Narcoosee’s and I live in CT. What the heck, it is on the dining plan. The lobster is good but for $50 it doesn’t taste any better then the $20 dollar lobster dinner at home.

I tried ND years ago before the remodel and although I found the same menu items as my local take out, the food was cooked fresh to order and the quality was better. Yes I payed more but I wasn’t eating in a restaurant that was once a retail location in a strip mall either.

I say, try it. You will always find contradictory reviews of every WDW restaurant on every Disney board all over the web. My wife and I had the worst WDW meal at the Plaza restaurant and people rave about that place.

Keep in mind that WDW restaurants change personal all the time and that can effect the reviews you read about a restaurant. Someone could say they “just ate there” on their last trip and come to find out it was 5 months ago.
I would check out the disney food blog

Thank you for all the reviews - unfortunately Nine Dragons didn’t make the cut…it was close…it’s pre-season looked good…but it was edged out by Liberty Tree Tavern.

Is Nine Dragons really “that” bad?
Summing up, it might not be “that” bad, but it certainly isn’t that good either.
(Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)

You made the right choice! Nine Dragons is on our list of places to avoid.

I do believe we have.:closedeye