No Castaway Cay stop for this cruise

Hello everyone,
We went on a 4day Disney Cruise on the Wonder on Dec 17, 2009:pirate:… but do to weather, were not able to stop at Castaway Cay :crying:… it was very heartbreaking…:crying:

We are looking into going on another cruise, but I was trying to see how frequently this happens… has anyone else been on a Disney Cruise and not stopped at Castaway Cay? If so what month was your cruise?

Thank you…:pirate:

Well I’m not sure if this is typical for Disney but I know that for all cruises depending on the weather the captain of the ships has the final decision on docking or no docking. The captain can also decide to dock somewhere else completely instead.

I feel your pain, when we wen in Feb 2010, it was the same situaion. We had so much fun there the first time we went there, so we were disappointed. But glad the captain was being safe.

Yeah - that’s the things with cruises - you pay your money, you take your chances. Unfortunately no one can control the weather. Castaway Cay is great fun - I hope the weather gods are kind to you next time.

I am sorry you missed it- I would have been crushed as well- We have cruised 3 times with disney in Feb and have never had that issue. I think it is just a fluke thing when weather hits- kind of like missing a cruise all together because your flight was cancelled. Perhaps insurance would have covered that? I dont know. I had one of our trips where we were able to dock but it was cold rainy and windy… that was pretty much a wash of a day as well since all there is on CC is beach type stuff.

what month was that?

We understood that it was for our own safety… but it was sure a tough blow…
you know like when your getting a shot at the doctors and you know its for your own good, but it still hurts…:crying:

I guess it was the fact that it would of been our first time at CC and we were all ready and excited about it…:pirate:

I have sailed with DCL three times and we were able to visit CC each time. BUT…one time, the captain warned us that we might not get to visit CC due to high winds/seas. Luckily, it calmed down and we were able to spend the day on the island:)

Hopefully the weather cooperates next cruise!

[QUOTE=Peppertink;1028506] BUT…one time, the captain warned us that we might not get to visit CC due to high winds/seas. Luckily, it calmed down and we were able to spend the day on the island:)

Hopefully the weather cooperates next cruise![/QUOTE]

I hope so too!!! we really want to visit CC… do you remember what month that visit was?

Aww thats such a shame, I know Id be just as devastated! Fingers crossed it works out better for you next time!

I have sailed in March, November and December.

Our first Disney Cruise was Dec. 2008, weather was fine, but then this Feb not sure what caused the bad weather.

well it didn’t happen to us,but i wished it happennedfor nassau,besides seeing the atlantis resort,wish weather would’ve been the reason to stop somewhere else,but good luck next time

I agree on the Atlantis, the day before our suppose CC stop, we did stop at nassau, but decided not to pay to go to Atlantis because we figured we were going to be at CC the following day…

wish we would of paid for Atlantis…:crying:… (even though its $$$)