No Cloudberry Horns - THE TRAVESTY!

So I was just reading the Disney Flood Blog when I read - to my horror - that Kringla Bakery no longer has Cloudberry Horns!!!:ohmy: Cloudberry Horns have been my absolute favourite Epcot pastry treat since - like - FOREVER! It is the one goodie I refuse to share with anyone - no - not even one bite. Apparently the reason for this travesty is that there is a SHORTAGE OF CLOUDBERRIES in Norway!:ohmy: - who knew! Now, apparently, they are selling TROLL HORNS. (I didn’t know Trolls had horns) which are basically the same lovely crispy puff pastry but filled with lingonberry cream instead of cloudberry cream. Well, I’m trying to be a brave little soldier about it - but I’m going to miss that lovely cloudberry taste.:crying: First they took away the marvelous sticky buns at the bakery in AK Africa, then the cinnamon buns in the MK bakery - now no cloudberries.:crying: I am not happy.

I have heard people talk about this bakery before, but honestly I have never noticed it for some reason. Is it in Norway? I have been in the store on the left and I know there is the dining place on the right—but I don’t remember where a bakery is!! I need to try this place.

…sorry they are taking away all your favorites—if they take away my Dole Whip I will start a revolt!!!:angry:

Never tried one. So - I guess I won’t miss them. ha!

Sorry your favorite treat is gone, but maybe they will get them back before your next trip.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1136538]I have heard people talk about this bakery before, but honestly I have never noticed it for some reason. Is it in Norway? I have been in the store on the left and I know there is the dining place on the right—but I don’t remember where a bakery is!! I need to try this place.

…sorry they are taking away all your favorites—if they take away my Dole Whip I will start a revolt!!!:angry:[/QUOTE]

It’s tucked away just in front of the stores. Just a little place, but such good pastries and very good sandwiches. It makes a really nice, light lunch. Everyone’s favourite is the School Bread - but I shall remain loyal to the cloudberry horns. I hope the cloudberry crop is better next year. I guess I’ll try the lingonberry troll horn…it won’t be the same.:crying:

I would check any way. They took away my beloved Germany Chocolate cookie for awhile and then they randomly appeared again.

I am going to specifically look for it next visit…sounds yummy…

What is a cloudberry?

And the school bread…we USED to love it. It seems about three yrs it went from having a ton of cream in the middle to just a dab.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1136549]What is a cloudberry?

And the school bread…we USED to love it. It seems about three yrs it went from having a ton of cream in the middle to just a dab.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess it’s a berry that grows in Norway. I’ve never seen one - they mash them up and add them to the cream. It’s flavour was a little more tart than sweet.

Is it weird I don’t have a must have food every time I go to the world?

Cloudberry horns are an absolute must for us too, so we share your pain! :crying:
The Norway bakery is a must-stop for every evening that we are in Epcot. A cloudberry horn and a Viking Coffee. Yum!!
Ahh…Disney memories…:wub:

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;1136563]Cloudberry horns are an absolute must for us too, so we share your pain! :crying:
The Norway bakery is a must-stop for every evening that we are in Epcot. A cloudberry horn and a Viking Coffee. Yum!!
Ahh…Disney memories…:wub:[/QUOTE]

I will check out the lingonberry and report back. I’m sure it’ll be sweeter than the cloudberry. I looked up cloudberries and it said they are known as “bake apples” in the Maritimes…I guess they grow there too. I think I have heard of bake apples…

OH NO!!! I tried one a few years back because of you talking about them. It was so yummy!

They stopped my coconut tarts some time back.I have never recovered.I even tried counseling.so I feel ur pain

Perhaps there will be a support group.:crying:

But Vince, you will - they are BEER flavored!!! :crying:

I can never hold anything but the sandwiches there.

I am so very sorry for your loss, llama.

Thank you.:crying:

I just don’t see what the tapestry is all about.

oh…well…you see the Tapestry is woven from leftover tulle—from the numerous tutus that have been made for “the great and powerful”…so it’s a …

Tutu Tapestry!! :laugh::laugh: