No fireworks?

i made our adrs for narcooses for our anniversary night 09/13… i asked for a time closer to the time for the fireworks at MK. the cm i spoke to checked and said there was no fireworks scheduled that night… at first she thought it was maybe due to the halloween party but that wasn’t listed either. anybody have any ideas what is going on?

If you look online at the calendar for MK, you can check each day to see which day Wishes is scheduled. We are going to be there the same time you are this year and there was only one day we would be able to catch Wishes. I think they only do it once or twice a week during the off season. Could you make your ressies for another day and celebrate on a day other than your actual anniversary? Otherwise, I know that illuminations runs every day, so maybe you could move the anniversary celebration to Epcot?

Sorry about that. I know how disappointing it is when you have the perfect night planned and then it doesn’t work out.

I would guess that they don’t have the schedule out yet- we had that happen where they did not release the newer schedule until about 3 months before. It was messing with all of our dining reservations and so on. Look and see what the other parks have listed for schedule or WHAT days they say they have fireworks listed. Sometimes you have to wait till what seems like last min to find out. Oh and through all of the years we have been going there is one thing that is learned… chances are good that I may know more about WDW and the parks than those taking reservations!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1071932]If you look online at the calendar for MK, you can check each day to see which day Wishes is scheduled. We are going to be there the same time you are this year and there was only one day we would be able to catch Wishes. I think they only do it once or twice a week during the off season. Could you make your ressies for another day and celebrate on a day other than your actual anniversary? Otherwise, I know that illuminations runs every day, so maybe you could move the anniversary celebration to Epcot?

Sorry about that. I know how disappointing it is when you have the perfect night planned and then it doesn’t work out.[/QUOTE]

There are fireworks in the MK every night.
However, if there are hard ticket parties, Wishes will not run those nights. On those nights they will run HalloWishes or Holiday Wishes depending on what party it is.
There could be a very slight chance that a private entity has bought the Magic Kingdom for your night in question and that would be the reason there is no scheduled fireworks for that night.
I know there was one night when DHS closed early because of a private event that we were in Epcot when we saw a massive fireworks display coming from DHS.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1071953]There are fireworks in the MK every night.
However, if there are hard ticket parties, Wishes will not run those nights. On those nights they will run HalloWishes or Holiday Wishes depending on what party it is.
There could be a very slight chance that a private entity has bought the Magic Kingdom for your night in question and that would be the reason there is no scheduled fireworks for that night.
I know there was one night when DHS closed early because of a private event that we were in Epcot when we saw a massive fireworks display coming from DHS.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know this! I was just going by the calendar, assuming MK was like DHS. This makes me feel a lot better.

Do they do the parade every night at MK?

[QUOTE=jen9804;1071964]I didn’t know this! I was just going by the calendar, assuming MK was like DHS. This makes me feel a lot better.

Do they do the parade every night at MK?[/QUOTE]

Every night of every trip we’ve ever been on they’ve always had fireworks. As SG said it may not have been Wishes but there were fireworks. However, in non-peak season we’ve found that Spectro (or others) does not run every night but have ran every Fri/Sat night + maybe another during the week.

Correction:

Doesn’t look like any fireworks that day, and it closes at 7pm
Walt Disney World Resort

If it closes at 7, I would think that MNSSHP will be happening that night. I have never known of the MK not to have fireworks! If there is a party that night, they will still have fireworks.

Park closing is 7PM that night. Chances are it is a MNSSHP night but those dates haven’t posted yet online. The early close on certain dates only is usually a tip off.

Well, if it’s MNSSHP, then there will still be fireworks… just no Wishes. I would guess that 9:00 would be a safe bet, but you’ll know closer to the date. :happy:

Definatly sounds like it will be a MNSSHP date - just has yet to be announced! I think those dates come out sometime in May?

Touringplans.com shows MNSSHP is scheduled for that night.

This has given me an idea, the last day I am there the park closes at 7, I never thought about the MNNSHP…I may have to change my dining plans a bit…i :heart::heart::heart: MNSSHP.

[QUOTE=Hunny;1072097]Correction:

Doesn’t look like any fireworks that day, and it closes at 7pm
Walt Disney World Resort[/QUOTE]

7PM closing means it’s a Halloween party.
There will be fireworks at 9:30.

Party Fireworks taken from the roof of the Parking Garage at SoG. They’re still there, just not open w/o an extra tic.

Let’s wrap this up.
You will be fine making a dinner reservation at Narcoossee’s for any time between 7:30 and 9:20. You don’t even need to eat there. There is a deck that rings the restaurant and speakers pipe in the show music. Many people watch from here and also from the Grand Floridian’s dock.
It looks nice, but remember, you are off axis (the axis for all MK fireworks is Main Street from the flagpole to the castle), so the elements don’t really line up right.
This is a problem when watching from California Grill as well.
The best on axis viewing is from the ferry dock at the TTC and Sunset Point at the Poly, but there generally isn’t music in these locations.

You really don’t want to watch from inside, because roofs and other building elements will partly obstruct your view.

They always have SOME form of fireworks. Last year we at at Cali Grill during an actual tornado near the park. (Did some damage at WL) During the massive rainstorm which was actually coating the windows at CG so bad you could barely see anything but colored blobs, the waitress said she has never seen a night without fireworks in all her time at Disney. We sat there til 11pm finishing our dessert and coffee. Finally, we ended up about 11:30pm at our room at the WL on the corner facing the lake and sure enough, even in the rain, there were the fireworks. An hour and a half late, but there they were. I came to understand that once they load them in their launchers, they don’t take them down, but instead they shoot them off late. It was a great finish to the evening.

I can’t imagine a night at Disney without some form of fireworks.

On May 25, 2009 it rained so hard that both Wishes and Illuminations was cancelled.
There was a night in June 2009 where again, Illuminations was cancelled because of storms. I don’t recall if Wishes happened that night though (we were in the Contemporary tower)

Let me change this a little, Wishes had not gone off by the time I finally started for home at 9:45. If they ran Illuminations that night, it was after everyone had gone home.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1072465]On May 25, 2009 it rained so hard that both Wishes and Illuminations was cancelled.
There was a night in June 2009 where again, Illuminations was cancelled because of storms. I don’t recall if Wishes happened that night though (we were in the Contemporary tower)

Let me change this a little, Wishes had not gone off by the time I finally started for home at 9:45. If they ran Illuminations that night, it was after everyone had gone home.[/QUOTE]

I remember one time several years ago, the wind was so bad that they didn’t have IllumiNations.