No Limo

:mad:We are leaving in 17 hours and hubby just decided no limo. He wants to save money & take his pick up truck. Very dirty inside and we have to put four people inside. The luggage & carry on’s will go in the back BUT since they predict rain, he says we’ll have to put our stuff in garbage bags so they won’t get wet. He refuses to take my minivan…since I’ve had it 4 years now he won’t ride in the minivan. Says it’s stupid. I guess I am just upset because he let the kids down. I’ll deal with the yucky ride to the airport but my kids were sooo excited about the limo. :mad:

What if you just take a car service? It will be much less expensive than a Limo. How are you going to fit 4 people in a truck? Does it have the extended cab?

I don’t care about limos but riding in the truck with 4 people and luggage in the back in the rain sounds yucky. I guess I would be pretty firm about taking a car that fit our needs and load the kids and our luggage in the van and meet him at the airport. I wouldn’t put my luggage in the truck in the rain when we have another car that would make more sense to use, if we didn’t have another car then that’s different.

Awww, he has to change his mind and take the mini van. That can’t be safe with 4 people in the truck. Appeal to his sense of responsiblility for the kids. That might work.

Men are such strange animals, aren’t they?

Good for your husband for making 1 smart decision!! A limo, come on- that is a luxury not a necessity-especially in todays economy. I mean, you are just driving to the airport- it’s not like you are driving to WDW. I would much rather spend the limo money on something special at Disney. Now the truck over the minivan- now that’s a stupid decision, especially if rain is in the forecast!!

We’ve decided to skip the limo this year as well! We decided to drive to the airport and park the truck in a patrolled, fenced in lot, with shuttle service to our departure gate. Saves us some money that we will now spend in St. Thomas!!

The only drawback, is that we have to be up and out the door by 4:00 AM!!:eek:

I’ll make sure the truck is packed the night before, the Mini Cooper is put in the garage, and the pins and lanyards are ready to be put on!!:laugh:

I can understand the saving of money – but I don’t understand this logic at all. :huh: It protects your stuff from rain…

Perhaps this could be where you could get him to compromise: You won’t complain any more about the limo if he will accept the minivan ride instead of the truck. I mean, you should get a say too, right?

David

Tell him you are driving the minivan with the luggage and he can waste his gas riding in the truck by himself. :nuke:

You are probably flying out of Logan, and if that is the case it will cost more to park EITHER the truck or minivan during your trip than the limo would cost.
I have parked there before and had to take out a secong mortgage to pay the parking fees. He really should reconsider.:ohmy:

Pack the minivan while he’s not looking with the luggage and tell him it’s the minivan or nothing. My husband has one of those big dirty trucks and if he told me I had to stuff my luggage in garbage bags so the rain wouldn’t get to them I would totally say; car service or my minivan, your choice.

Sorry I would have to put my foot down there. No limo is fine, but shoving all those people in a pick up for vanity sake is stupid. You need to tell him what is what and he needs to know that it’s not all about him.

To be honest… I dont care how I get to the airport as long as I get there. I dont care if I had to sit in the back of the truck all the way there. I would just be happy Im going to WDW!!! My heart goes out to ya though… My DH is the same way!!!

[QUOTE=roylr;888641]You are probably flying out of Logan, and if that is the case it will cost more to park EITHER the truck or minivan during your trip than the limo would cost.
I have parked there before and had to take out a secong mortgage to pay the parking fees. He really should reconsider.:ohmy:[/QUOTE]

My point to him exactly! $200.00 to park his truck at Logan for 11 days. $250. including tip for the limo. It’s $50 more but to wow my kids and to have ou vehicle safely at home vs in Boston is worth $50 to me. Now he’s talking about having someone get his truck after we park it and then drop it back off right before we get home. I guess that’ll save money right there.

oh brother. I feel for ya.

Hey-- Have a great trip.

How far is the airport maybe a taxi or car service and not a limo and split the difference you save and put to a dinner or something. $250 is a lot for a ride to an airport, but $200 to park a car for 11 days is crazy! I hope you find an answer for this, you don’t want to have this issue bothering you for your entire trip. And it will since the first thing you do when you get off the plane is get your ride home.:redface:

Can’t you just compromise and get someone to take you to the airport and pick you up?..not in his nasty pick-up? Is he in a bad mood or something? Don’t get why he’s stressing everyone out at the last minute like this. Tell him you’ll meet him there and take the kids in the limo…:pirate: it’s your money too…hey do you think this is why I’m not married?:laugh: Sorry, but he’s acting like a major brat and starting off your vacation on the wrong foot. Is he going to be like this once you get there too? If so, maybe leave him home and you and the kids do what you want.:pirate:

I had the same thoughts, I hope this doesn’t ruin your vacation.

I still say take the van with the kids and luggage and tell your DH he’s welcome to join you. If he is still acting like a baby tell him you’ll see him at the airport. I don’t understand him thinking the van is stupid, it’s a car nothing more nothing less.

Don’t you have a park and ride near you or can you take the T to the airport? With the tunnel work going on in Boston, it may take a while to get into the airport.
I can’t believe he is complaining about a minivan. He needs to grow up. It may not be the most stylish car, but it is practical for a family. I would not want to worry about my luggage in the back of a truck. I have an urge to drive over to your house, in my minivan, and give him a piece of my mind! He should be happy that he is going to be able to spend time with his family on a great vacation. So many people can’t even do that due to hardships!

[QUOTE=dancing4disney;888885]Don’t you have a park and ride near you or can you take the T to the airport? With the tunnel work going on in Boston, it may take a while to get into the airport.
I can’t believe he is complaining about a minivan. He needs to grow up. It may not be the most stylish car, but it is practical for a family. I would not want to worry about my luggage in the back of a truck. I have an urge to drive over to your house, in my minivan, and give him a piece of my mind! He should be happy that he is going to be able to spend time with his family on a great vacation. So many people can’t even do that due to hardships![/QUOTE]

That would be us…we had to cancel due to “hardships” I had to have a 3rd surgery to fix my Drs mistake from surgery 1 & 2. Soooo tell him to be thankfull you can go no matter what. Have family or neighbor drop you off, just pay their gas costs, this can not cost $200 dollars. Bring them back a gift. Something don’t let him ruin this for you. It’s not worth it.

I will go one step further and sit in the back of the truck IN THE RAIN!! :laugh: