No more "4 for a Dollar"?

Is it true? I was looking around on YouTube for video clips of “Four for a Dollar” – the a capella group the opens for the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney Studios. (Also known as “Return 2 Zero”) One of the videos on YouTube in the video discription area read…
[I]
Sadly, they no longer appear at WDW. Disney ended their contract with this wonderful group in September 2008. We will miss them![/I]

We were at Disney World in Sept of 2008, but I had no idea this would be the last time we would see them there. Is this true? Does anyone know? I am very disappointed.

I don’t know it it’s true but I read that several months ago on another board.

Sadly, it’s true. We were there in early October, and they were nowhere to be found. I REALLYYYYY missed them while waiting for B&B.

Did they replace them with a new opening show?

Aww, that’s terrible! I loved them!

I am definitely gonna miss them. Maybe they will be invited back, God willing.

[B]Return 2 Zero promo[/B]
YouTube - Return 2 Zero promo

[B]return to zero with special ending[/B]
YouTube - return to zero with special ending

[B]Four for a Dollar (4-song show)[/B]
YouTube - Four for a Dollar (4-song show)

I do not know if this information is official, but I found someone saying their last day was Sept 20th, 2008. Ironically enough we were there Sept 14-20, 2008. We saw them either on the 17th or 18th, can’t remember which day. We were even at the DS park on their last day, and now I wish we went and saw them now knowing that was possibly their last day. Ok, I am stilled bummed about it. Sorry for rambling.

I think they are now at seaworld, at the Polar bear exhibit. But I don’t know for how long. they are using their other name-return2zero

awwweeee…thats so sad. i loved that group.

[QUOTE=snowmedia;910878]Did they replace them with a new opening show?[/QUOTE]

I don’t think so. I think Disney is cutting costs and this was one.

Someone posted a video on youtube of Return 2 Zero’s very last performance at Disney Studios.

[B]Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 1[/B]
YouTube - Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 1

[B]Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 2[/B]
YouTube - Four for a Dollar’s last set part 2

[B]Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 3[/B]
YouTube - Four for a Dollar’s last set part 3

[B]Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 4[/B]
YouTube - Four for a Dollar last set part 4
(I thought it was funny when Sammy said “We are sooo fired!”)

[B]Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 5[/B]
YouTube - Four for a Dollar final set part 5

[B]Four For a Dollar’s last set Part 6[/B]
YouTube - Four for a Dollar last set part 6

As you can tell I am still disappointed to know they are no longer at Disney World.

We actually got to see 4 for a Dollar’s last performance on the 20th. I thought they were done the week before, but not so. We were taking our DD to see the 6pm performance of Beauty and the Beast that day and when we got there, I realized what was going on. The place was packed and they got standing ovations. It really was a sad moment. These guys had been there for years. I did read on one of the you tube comments that they are currently at Sea World Orlando singing Christmas music at the Polar Express Experience until January 4. They will be missed at Disney!

[QUOTE=angell1975;912099]We actually got to see 4 for a Dollar’s last performance on the 20th. I thought they were done the week before, but not so. We were taking our DD to see the 6pm performance of Beauty and the Beast that day and when we got there, I realized what was going on. The place was packed and they got standing ovations. It really was a sad moment. These guys had been there for years. I did read on one of the you tube comments that they are currently at Sea World Orlando singing Christmas music at the Polar Express Experience until January 4. They will be missed at Disney![/QUOTE]

We went to BatB just to see them! (It’s me and three boys- not much interest in Beauty or the Beast :laugh:) Amazing talent- too bad they’re no longer with WDW.

How sad to see them cut from B&tB.

On the subject of cutbacks, I read that:

1. The African singers/dancers (Tam Tam’s of the Congo) that would perform in
    Harambe are gone.
  2. Fantasmic will go down to 2 days a week starting in January.
  3. The Flower Power concerts will only be on weekends during the Flower and
    Garden show at Epcot this March thru May.
  4. All Pirate and Princess Party’s gone.
    Cutbacks, with probably increases in tickets, rooms, food, and everything else.
    Just venting.

[QUOTE=joseph3947;912613]On the subject of cutbacks, I read that:

1. The African singers/dancers (Tam Tam’s of the Congo) that would perform in
    Harambe are gone.
    .[/QUOTE]

I hadn’t heard of this one!! How sad…I really loved listening to them!