No more crablegs at Coral Reef

:frown::frown:

Just read on All Ears Coral Reef updated their menu and no more Crab legs :crying:

I loved those!

That was the appetizer with the slaw, right? That was good!

Just checked out the Coral Reef menu… it just keeps getting more boring.

Awe…that’s too bad:( Things just keep getting eliminated from the menus. Guess they’d rather cut back instead of raise prices in order to cut costs.

Oh man!!! That was one of the only things that looked appetizing!!! Now I’ll really have to re-think that ADR I made for here in January!!

[QUOTE=Andrea;861752]That was the appetizer with the slaw, right? That was good!

Just checked out the Coral Reef menu… it just keeps getting more boring.[/QUOTE]

No it was the King Crab legs entree. That was the only thing I wanted too! Wonder if I can get in anywhere else at this point. I don’t see anything else I want :frown:

sorry for you. I actually had the best crablegs EVER at Fulton’s a few trips ago-maybe give them a try. I’m bummed that Coral Reef took lobster off the menu (I think they took it off right when the DDP came out). I had the yummiest lobster tail there a few years ago, and haven’t seen it on the menu since:crying:

Oh, shoot!!
My DD had these last year and loved them. She is so excited about getting crab legs at WDW while we are on the DDP.
(That is because they are too expensive for us to get them for her at home!)

Wow! That was the only reason I chose that place… :angry:

That was my main reason for chosing too. I’m calling daily to see if there are any cancellations at other resturants in Epcot.

Dang!! I was looking forward to that, but eating in the aquarium will be cool!!

No kidding! I agree… I might have to re-think mine as well…

Ah mannnnnnn

No Butterscotch Creme Brulee either :confused:

Lisa

They changed the mushroom soup to corn soup too.

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;863666]They changed the mushroom soup to corn soup too.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

oh, I missed that. My DH will be disappointed. He really enjoyed the wild mushroom soup.

wow, I think I’ll cancel my Coral Reef reservations and keep the Tutto

[QUOTE=sue299;863685]oh, I missed that. My DH will be disappointed. He really enjoyed the wild mushroom soup.

wow, I think I’ll cancel my Coral Reef reservations and keep the Tutto[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can see why you would switch.

I can’t. Ty is so looking forward to eating with the fishies!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;863690]Yeah I can see why you would switch.

I can’t. Ty is so looking forward to eating with the fishies!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

I can understand if you have kids, or never ate there before. But we did last November. So figure I’ll try another new place.

Since the inception of the MYW dining plan in 2005, all of the menus have been cut back. Lobster was one of the first things to disappear from almost every menu in WDW.
There are also restaurants that opted out right away. The most notable are Portobello Yacht Club, Fulton’s, and House of Blues. In 2004 and earlier, we would always eat at HoB, Wolfgang Puck’s Upstairs, and Fulton’s on the dining plan. Plus, there wasn’t the two tiered/two credit issue that exists today.
I have been watching as all the dining plan restaurants have dumbed down their menus over the past 3 years. I’m not surprised to see all manner of crustaceans have disappeared from most of the Disney O&O menus as more and more guests purchase the dining plan. It’s so bad, it’s almost bait and switch.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;863830]Since the inception of the MYW dining plan in 2005, all of the menus have been cut back. Lobster was one of the first things to disappear from almost every menu in WDW.
There are also restaurants that opted out right away. The most notable are Portobello Yacht Club, Fulton’s, and House of Blues. In 2004 and earlier, we would always eat at HoB, Wolfgang Puck’s Upstairs, and Fulton’s on the dining plan. Plus, there wasn’t the two tiered/two credit issue that exists today.
I have been watching as all the dining plan restaurants have dumbed down their menus over the past 3 years. I’m not surprised to see all manner of crustaceans have disappeared from most of the Disney O&O menus as more and more guests purchase the dining plan. It’s so bad, it’s almost bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

I agree, we noticed the changes several years ago and it just keeps happening. More and more keeps getting cut so Disney can break even with the dining plan. Don’t get me wrong, we used it twice and enjoyed it but Disney can’t continue to lose money and not make cuts.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;863830]Since the inception of the MYW dining plan in 2005, all of the menus have been cut back. Lobster was one of the first things to disappear from almost every menu in WDW.
I have been watching as all the dining plan restaurants have dumbed down their menus over the past 3 years. I’m not surprised to see all manner of crustaceans have disappeared from most of the Disney O&O menus as more and more guests purchase the dining plan. It’s so bad, it’s almost bait and switch.[/QUOTE]

I agree. We use to LOVE Chefs de France - the food was excellent - and as soon as the DP came in - no more filet de beouf…substituted was FLANK STEAK - how can you substitue flank steak for a filet?? So many good things have disappeared.