No more free valet parking for DVC members

It has been reported that members are no longer eligible to receive free valet parking at DVC resorts.

:frown:

What!!! Where did you read/hear this? Don’t mean to be a downer but this leaves me feeling a bit angry! It seems like we, who have actually made long term investments in Disney are the ones who don’t reap any rewards!!! This is rediculous!

WHAT?!?! Ahhhh, HECK no!!! Not that we ever really have a car in WDW but we always take advantage of this perk in Disneyland with the rental car. No way, if people fight this enough they won’t take it away. Ridiculous.

Garbage! If I were a DVC member, I wouldn’t be very happy about this.

Confirmed with member services this AM. Another “perk” bites the dust. I love the way perks quietly disappear. Thanks Jim. Sending them an email to let them know we appreciate the way we’re notified of changes, and how special it makes us feel.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Will now cost members $12 per day, plus tips of course. Bet the valets won’t be liking the drop in business.

wow that is pretty harsh! seriously, you shell out that kind of money to a company they shouldn’t be doing things like this.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;998405]Confirmed with member services this AM. Another “perk” bites the dust. I love the way perks quietly disappear. Thanks Jim. Sending them an email to let them know we appreciate the way we’re notified of changes, and how special it makes us feel.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Will now cost members $12 per day, plus tips of course. Bet the valets won’t be liking the drop in business.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so you confirmed this, and it is effective right away? OMG! I cannot believe this! This is really cheap on their behalf! Can you give me more details so I can be knowledgable when I write my email? Thanks for letting us know, seeing Disney hasn"t said anything!!!

It still shows that it is “complimentary” on teh DVC website! How did you get wind of this?

Yeah, I am writing to them. We need to make a HUGE fuss about this. Honestly, they need to sell units. If members are bad mouthing DVC because of perks being taken away it makes perspective members think a little harder, or maybe even think twice, about joining.

People join not only for the vacation possibilities but for the PERKS!

This is NOT ok. Alright, how can we organize? :tongue:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;998424]Yeah, I am writing to them. We need to make a HUGE fuss about this. Honestly, they need to sell units. If members are bad mouthing DVC because of perks being taken away it makes perspective members think a little harder, or maybe even think twice, about joining.

People join not only for the vacation possibilities but for the PERKS!

This is NOT ok. Alright, how can we organize? :tongue:[/QUOTE]

That really is baloney… we don’t always have a car, but when we do, I do use the valet perk. I’d like the info for who to contact as well…

I can confirm that it’s true. I found out a few days ago, but we didn’t know when it would go into effect. And the valets are ticked about it, especially those who work at a DVC resort like Sean. :glare: He told me its been a very rough day today. So don’t take it out on them since they have no control over the issue.

As DVC members, we have made a financial investment in Disney.Most of us do not get to take advantage of free dining or 4 for 3 discounts. As they take back perks it makes you feel like they bait and switch. The idea of taking from your most loyal customers is insulating.As is raising admission prices during the worst economy.Greed and shareholders are ruining Walt’s dream.Bob Iger,Jim Lewis and Meg Crofton need to go!:angry:

I would never take it out on them, if anything I feel like they should be with us 'cause essentially it’s taking away from them too. When we do the “free valet” perk with DVC we tip generously everytime we take the car out. Now that the perk is being taken away we probably wouldn’t valet 'cause the cost per day, plus tips, is just too much. Like I said, we usually only use this perk in Disneyland… but still. Don’t like it, and Sean (as well as other valets) should complain too!

Yeah, they definitely have been voicing their concerns. Especially since this issue, plus the price of valet going up to $12 instead of $10 is all going down on the same day. It will be interesting to see what happens next.

That stinks for Sean and the other employees of DVC resorts… I know I won’t valet anymore (and we are also really good tippers).

This really is so true- I keep getting pin codes and special offers and as a DVC member, I’m not using them. I feel like we are subsidizing this since we DVC members have less and less while the offers to the general public are increasing.

I just have to 2nd what alot of members have allready said… Why do they keep taking away things from DVC members and they never offer us anything. It’s not right!
I guess Disney feels that all of us members will be comming back no matter what they change or take away so they really dont care. Sorry thats just my opinion… and I will be one of the ones that will be going back soooo I guess its a “Catch 22”!

There is an old saying…you have to know what side your bread is buttered on.

They are selling units at an amazing dollar per square foot amount. (Remember that I am a real estate apprasier so these numbers mean something to me.) To be more correct they are leasing us the property to use, NOT selling anything. We own a real estate interest, but we don’t actually own the property.

The reason that they are “giving” free dining, and 7 for price of 4 deals is because they have to do something to get the people there and fill the rooms.

I’d don’t know the numbers but I’d guess that the typical DVC person spends WAY more with Disney than a typical guest. Many or most of us buy season passes EVERY year, we pay cash for dining even if it’s DDP, we probably take more behind the scenes tours etc too. The only difference is in what we pay for lodging, and considering that many guest pay to stay at value or moderates it’s not THAT great of a difference.

Plus we take more trips. This year I will have 6 or 7 Disney trips, PLUS the points I’ve rented for 7 trips for other guests!!!

And I think the thing that ticks me the most is that they just make the perk go away with no notice. We know MONTHS in advance when they are going to “enhance” our membership but are left to discover this on our own…like when we pull up to the valet. :mad:

going from $0 to $12 is harsh. Where is the reason to be a member? It seems that the perks are disappearing bit by bit.

The main reason to be a member has nothing to do with any perks, but with the savings on great DVC accomodations.