No more Narnia

I hears that Disney will not make anymore Narnia movie
they said that Prince Caspian didn’t make as much as the first movie.
Prince Caspian” was released in May and earned an estimated $419 million worldwide – which fell short of the $745 million run of the first Narnia film, “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,” in 2005.
Prince Caspians Production Budget: $225 million total sale’s from movie
tickets $419,651,413= $194,651,413
Now it will be Wale Media, 20th Century Fox, Purple Sail Ltd.
I think Disney drooped the ball on this one . I though that Prince Caspian
was the worst book out of the series but the movie was fairly good so I bought it for my collection of Disney movies. Still plane on Buying all them now they just wont match.

I also think if they left it as a Dec.(holiday) release it would have done better. The first Narnia came out in the month of December('05). They had Prince Caspian up against Iron Man and Indiana Jones 4. I think Fox has the right idea at making it a Dec. release again.
The Chronicles of Narnia:The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be released 12/10/10.
Here are some pictures of the Dawn Treader.

Its a shame they wont be making anymore, they will definatly regret it in the long run! I really enjoyed the first two films and actually thought thye did pretty good justice next to the books which is rare!

Aw, man, that’s disappointing. My family and I love the Narnia movies. Does anyone know if Fox plans to use the same actors?

Yes, here is the returning cast list.
Ben Barnes … King Caspian
Georgie Henley … Lucy Pevensie
Skandar Keynes … Edmund Pevensie
Eddie Izzard … Reepicheep (voice)
Liam Neeson … Aslan (voice)

i haven’t even seen prince caspian yet. :frowning:

The next movie is pulling from a great adventure book. I am more excited to see it than Prince Caspian. I thought a Boy and his Horse was the worst, but that was not made into a movie. But certainly the Dawn Treader and the Silver Chair are some of the best to come. Disney could of had great source material for future attractions with those.

I’m glad to hear this. I was so excited about seeing Prince Caspian after the previews at WDW, but I admit I lost interest in the movie when I actually rented it. It just didn’t hold my attention.