No more spectromagic! say it aint so

I just read on allears that spectromagic is no more instead it is the main street electric light parade. I am so bummed spectromagic was my favorite parade at wdw…i dont remember this one.

Electric Light Parade is wayyyy better. I think I’m going to need to go to WDW this summer to see it!

what is the difference.?

I love them both - but I’ve seen Spectro a lot more than the Electrical, so I’m kinda glad it’s coming back.

Good question!!! Anyone?? I LOOOOOVE Spectromagic!! Its a Magic Kingdom classic!

I dont care much for spectro magic… seen it too many times :pinch: I take advantage and go on the rides :biggrin:

Hooray!!! I love the electric light parade!

Well, ELP is the original. The narration at the beginning is classic. The music - Baroque Hoedown - is so much fun. The floats are more fun IMO.

Plus… the boys that hold up the blue fairy’s skirt are ADORABLE!!! :WUB: This is the cute boy parade!!! :heart::heart:

Spectro was never the success that ELP was.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1022247]
Spectro was never the success that ELP was.[/QUOTE]

Wanna bet? :laugh: Spectro is such a huge hit it’s ran longer than any other parade at WDW, including ELP! And since Spectro is MY fave parade, not just to perform in, well, :tongue:

Don’t fret. Spectro will be back after 10 weeks. ELP is only here for the Summer Nightastic series.

This seems to be the place for me to ask–can the Spectromagic soundtrack still be purchased? That’s one we’ve never bought, and my oldest DD has just said in the last week that she wants it. Rowdy???

Those Spectro clowns scare me, anyway.

Haha…we always think the same thing. :laugh:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1022247]Well, ELP is the original. The narration at the beginning is classic. The music - Baroque Hoedown - is so much fun. The floats are more fun IMO.

Plus… the boys that hold up the blue fairy’s skirt are ADORABLE!!! :WUB: This is the cute boy parade!!! :heart::heart:

Spectro was never the success that ELP was.[/QUOTE]

First off - The music has been changed a bit, its still the same track but its been changed to be more “fairy like”.

Secondly - The Blue Fairy is no longer the opening unit of the Parade, its now a Tinkerbell Unit (Unless Disney is changing it back to how it was before they changed it up for DCA last year for DLR’s Summer Nightastic, which I doubt they will do.)

Thirdly - SpectroMagic will be returning to MK, DEP (Disney’s Electrical Parade) from DCA is not permanent. Management is only sending DEP to WDW because they don’t want to have an evening parade running at DCA when Disney’s World of Color debuts this summer because they don’t want to have to deal with a huge crowd control mess from the new show and an evening parade while the park undergoes its 1.2 Billion dollar remodel.

So don’t worry you die hard Spectro Fans, you will be getting back your parade, and if this makes you feel any better, the parade units for Spectro wont even be leaving WDW property, they are just going to be sitting in the parade warehouses. :tongue:

And those things are crazy scary! They always remind me of that evil clown from the movie “It”… :ph34r:

I guess the music will be different since the song has “Spectromagic” in it by Jiminy Cricket. I bought the Spectromagic Parade soundtrack in 07’. Glad I did!!!
MM , I could always burn you a copy if you can’t find one … Wall

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;1022258]

So don’t worry you die hard Spectro Fans, you will be getting back your parade, and if this makes you feel any better, the parade units for Spectro wont even be leaving WDW property, they are just going to be sitting in the parade warehouses. :tongue:[/QUOTE]

I would love to visit their Parade Warehouses !!! :pirate:

Yes, it is just temporary. Spectro will be back. Sadly, I hear that MEP isnt’ coming til June 7 and we are right now set up to leave the 7th. Dang, MEP is the parade I saw when I was a child. I would love to see it. May have to do some vacation juggling here or stay another night.

I was wondering about this…thanks for the clarification, Rowdy & Anaheimboy. I was STOKED that the ELP was coming back…must confess I’m a little sad that it’s only for 10 weeks, and over the summer while my seasonal pass will be blocked out. Might just have to upgrade to an AP to see it!

haha, they’re nothing special. Think of it kind of like a big costco but with nothing in it but parade units, different machines and such.

I never really noticed much difference, but then that’s me! I guess all the times we have been I must have seen them both, I know for sure I have seen Spectro Magic many times- oh well, must pay more attention!!