No room at the DVCs first weekend in Dec

We have a trip Dec 2 thru Dec 11. BLT for 6 nights, then BCV 3 nights. We are hoping to switch a few more night to BCV. I have wait lists setup but I still check online a few times a day. Just curious, I checked that weekend for any DVC room. There is NOTHING available. No studios, no 1 bedroom, no 2 bedroom,nor no GV. I’m shocked that there is nothing at all. I know early Dec is a really busy time, but still not one room of any type at any resort??? Makes me wonder if it’s a website glitch.

…attendance at WDW is way up in general, so I am not surprised. The week we go in August has been considered Value season, but I am sure they will change that now…it was packed last month!! It may truly be a glitch for you, and I definitely would keep trying, but don’t be surprised if there really is nothing available there anymore…

I’d recommend you use a wait list. DVC members know a good time to visit.

I’ve had a wait list set up for some time now. We are staying at BLT to start, but just hoping to have our trip all set up with a few more nights at BCV.

I’m having a fit trying to get something 10/22-26. Snagged a studio at OKW but REALLY need a 1 br.

Nothing but a night here and there.

We are going to be there 12/1 - 12/4 staying at BWV. I had it waitlisted for a month or so when I hit the 7 month mark so I am stunned we were able to get it at that time as well.

I do wish you luck with getting your rooms that you wanted.

[QUOTE=KingOMiami;1919093839]We are going to be there 12/1 - 12/4 staying at BWV. I had it waitlisted for a month or so when I hit the 7 month mark so I am stunned we were able to get it at that time as well.

I do wish you luck with getting your rooms that you wanted.[/QUOTE]
I would have been stunned too.

We had booked our whole trip at BLT (at 11 months), but really want to spend 4 or 5 days at BCV. We found two nights by searching online ourselves and then fairly quickly got another night by waitlist. Right now we have two waitlists set up. The night of the 7 or the nights of 6&7. If we got those two nights we’d be very happy. I just LOVE being able to see the fireworks and then walking “home”. Of course being at BLT seeing fireworks and then taking an elevator home isn’t too bad either. Once we had a standard room at BLT that we could see fireworks. That was amazing.

The waitlist does work. I’ve been checking online about 3 times a day. Today I got an email.

We got one more night at BCV. Whoo hoo. I’ve set up a new waitlist for the saturday night. So right now we have BLT Dec 2 thru… 7 and then BCV Dec 7 thru Dec 11.

We had set up FP+ for MK for that Sunday, but if we get another night, we just cancel and hope for the best in finding new ones.

…for those going in December…I’ve been reading that Haunted Mansion will be closing for a time the early part of Decemeber…so you might want to check out the list of refurbishments and closings…just FYI.

Yeah, DH is so sad about that. We’ve been pretty lucky with refurbishments timing. Last trip the people mover was suppose to be close and we thought “oh no, that was going to be our standby ride with our DGS” And the refurbish was delayed. So here’s hoping haunted mansion with change too.

I don’t think I have ever been when HM has been closed…we’ve been when some other favorites were closed but not that one… When we were there in August, they had closed the giftshop on that corner there near the HM for a whole refurbish thing so, perhaps this is the last of it. I’m not sure what they are doing to the actual ride though…maybe just maintenance… You never know about these ride closures and they could very well open it up in time for you…