No Room at the Inn?

I have been to Disney many many times, but never around the holidays. I was hoping to take advantage of the free dining and go Dec. 10-Dec. 15. I was under the impression that a few weeks before the Christmas Holiday was a slower part of the year. I have tried to book a standard room at both the POR and CSR and both were unavailable. I am now questioning whether due to the free dining promo if it might be really busy? Has anyone been during this time that could let me know about the crowds?

It is a great time to visit. This period is right before everyone gets out for vacation. Remember to layer as it can get hot during the day or colder than normal at night. We use the lockers religously if we are in the World Nov-Mar.

Did you only look at booking with free dining or did you try a room only booking? Disney only releases so many rooms with each promo, once those rooms are booked you may have to look at another resort or try booking room only. I just looked online and could book room only at POR for 12/10-12/20.

December is a good time to go and the earlier in the month the better. However, Disney is doing a great job of filling empty rooms with good discounts. I think the slower times are getting busier every year.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1050154]Did you only look at booking with free dining or did you try a room only booking? Disney only releases so many rooms with each promo, once those rooms are booked you may have to look at another resort or try booking room only. I just looked online and could book room only at POR for 12/10-12/20.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Just because a resort is booked with a promotion does not mean it is sold out.

Lisa