No Room at the Value & Moderate Resorts

I’ve never had this happen before. We were going to surprise our grandson & our daughter in February, 2009. He is out of school on a Friday so we were going to surprise him with a week-end trip to WDW. ONLY, there are NO value or moderate resorts available! They said it was because of their special promos. We don’t want to stay outside the park. But, we can’t afford the more expensive resorts. Oh, well. I just needed to share that with y’all. :crying:

Why don’t you rent some points? I see a lot of fellow Mousebuzzers offering to rent them.

I don’t know anything about renting points.

I just went through this last week, so I know your pain. The only thing available during that time are the deluxes. The Comtemporary isn’t however. I ended up renting points and even then, the studios were very limited. I still don’t think it’s going to be crowded…I just think the people who are going are booking the lower-end resorts.

I’ve never rented points before, but it has been described in previous threads, and seems quite easy. I would imagine someone who has points to rent to you can explain better than I can.

That’s happened to us in the past. You can always try calling daily to see if a room opens up.

Contact rlcarmichael. He seems to have quite a few points for rent and posted something not too long ago that he had some he needed to have used up soon

Renting points is a snap. I know for a fact that Quakercub is looking for some renters. It’s easy…send him a pm.

There’s always the Swan and Dolphin… it’s really affordable and considered a deluxe resort. Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort

Since you’re going in February, could you use the 40% off code? (got an e-mail about that two days ago)

Edit: nvm, I didn’t realize that was only at value resorts… no wonder they’re booked (not to mention that’s cheerleader weekend - you probably don’t want to stay at a value, anyway).

I hope you get to stay on property!

I want to thank everyone for their input. We will probably not go in Feb. Not sure I would want to go on Cheerleading weekend. Maybe we can go in March.

Yeah, the cheerleaders are rather annoying, but they’ll be spending all Saturday at Hollywood Studios (Indiana Jones will be down that weekend), so you can just avoid that park…

NOT THE CHEERLEADERS!:pinch::pinch::pinch:

Of course! that’s why all the values are booked. Oh well, I’ve dealt with them before…

You know, I have nothing against the idea of cheerleading - some of the stuff they do is amazing - but what I do have issues with is how they behave (not all of them) in the parks. I’ve talked to some of them while we’re waiting in lines and they’ve been a pleasure - and then there are others.:pinch: Thank goodness for all my years of training as a “car-pool mom”.:laugh:

I PMed you. You can generally rent points and stay deluxe for the price of budget. Yes, I have points to rent. Got annual dues to pay!

I also have points. I’d be happy to talk to you about it. Please PM me.

[QUOTE=llama;922458]NOT THE CHEERLEADERS!:pinch::pinch::pinch:

Of course! that’s why all the values are booked. Oh well, I’ve dealt with them before…

You know, I have nothing against the idea of cheerleading - some of the stuff they do is amazing - but what I do have issues with is how they behave (not all of them) in the parks. I’ve talked to some of them while we’re waiting in lines and they’ve been a pleasure - and then there are others.:pinch: Thank goodness for all my years of training as a “car-pool mom”.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh:I’m trained as well…I could always ask them if I can cheer with them. I wonder if I have booked a cheer week? It may be the case since all the values are booked solid.

I would like to thank everyone who has made us these offers. But, DH has decided this is not the time for us to go. However, I still do not understand about this selling/buying points. Could someone explain this to me in a simplified way, please. Then, maybe, in the future we may be able to take you up on this. Again, thank each & everyone of you, from the bottom of my heart, who have made us these generous offers.

Basically, people who own Disney Vacation Club points can rent them out to people. So, you can stay at a deluxe resort (Animal Kingdom Villas, for example) by renting points from a DVC member. For example, off the top of my head, a value season studio at AKL can go as low as 8 points per day. The going rate for renting a point is about $11 so $11 x 8 points = $88 per night at AKL. The point structure varies, so you may want to look at a points chart to look at the dates you are interested in.

How do I check the price chart? I would want a room for two nights, Feb 6 and 7. I am new to this too. Thanks in advance.