Not a Single Studio Available in all of WDW!

Well, I simply did not expect to be visiting WDW this year (eldest daughter is getting married in October and we are in “all things wedding” mode.) But, I was selected to participate in a conference in Orlando (meant to be, I guess!) so I planned to stay a couple of extra days using DVC, of course. Since the conference is all-expenses paid, I figured it would be a no-brainer to tack on time and stay for “free” in a studio. As soon as I reserved my flight (adding the couple of extra days vacation), I called Member Services to make my DVC ressie. Surprise! (Really! I was aghast.) There is not a single studio available in any WDW property in mid-March.

The cast member who answered my call was very helpful and offered advice (I am on the wait list for any property, any view up to seven days before I arrive in Orlando) but told me that there wasn’t any guarantee that I would end up with a reservation.

BTW, Member Services was very busy. I was advised that my waiting time would be 15 minutes and it nearly was. I didn’t think it would be so busy on a Tuesday afternoon.

Anyway, I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to go “home” but it is not looking good right now.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that your waitlist comes through. There are a lot of developer points out there this year, I’m sure that has something to do with this.

Thanks, Stephanie! The more folks wishing, the better my chances I think!

Have you booked a cash room just in case?

I just canceled a trip for march 11 to the 15th at bwv for a 1 bd. Did you try looking into a 1 bd perhaps? Oh…and I have been calling since last wednesday and I have been on hold for up to 45 minutes. Its because of the new rci bookings

tinkerbelle24, I considered a 1 bdrm for a moment: when I realized that it would be more than double the points, I simply could not bring myself to try to book one. Since I am traveling alone this time around (instead of with the usual group of 4+), I figure that I can always find an inexpensive room for the three extra nights since I already booked my flight.

Of course, I’d much rather stay in WDW so I’ll keep hoping that the wait list works. :slight_smile:

That’s MNSSHP plus Food & Wine time I think.

Since you are going for a conference, is this a business trip. If so, it’s a tax deduction. Sure you still use the points but the fair market rental rate is $10-13 per point which would be a valid figure to use for the tax deduction. Splurge.

that’s a total bummer!!! i will also be crossing my fingers for you! hope you gegt the room

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;923795]That’s MNSSHP plus Food & Wine time I think.

Since you are going for a conference, is this a business trip. If so, it’s a tax deduction. Sure you still use the points but the fair market rental rate is $10-13 per point which would be a valid figure to use for the tax deduction. Splurge.[/QUOTE]

going in mid-march…the wedding is in October.

I am not surprised there aren’t any…it’s Spring break for many colleges mid-may into April for Easter. there were only studios left at SSR for when I booked last week and I am going the first week of February a very dead time of year. I hope your wait list comes through and you get to stay on property. I’ll cross fingers for you too!!