NOT exactly a trip report - planning thread

I am planning on going to WDW with my DBF in May of 2009. He hasn’t been there in like ten years and so much has changed. I really want him to have a great time and fall in love with disney like i have. Sometimes he just doesn’t understand but i want him to.:laugh: I am a major planner and would just like some ideas and tips that i can look into.

~Side note~
I am in college, the DBF is a diesel mechanic, and we are starting our own business together. Funds are tight but should be getting better so just keep that in mind when it comes to tips. We have already begun saving and figured out some ways to cut costs (jet blue and $99 flights…can’t beat that :happy:) We have an idea that the coast will be a little over $2,000 for both of us. That includes the disney dining plan, airfare, and lodging.

I have some ideas already:
*I am getting the deluxe meal plan (DBF doesn’t do all the rides so what better way to spend our time than eating amazing food?!)
*I would like to eat at; The Coral Reef <lunch>, Le Cellar in Canada <dinner>, Narcoosees <Dinner>, The Tusker House <Breakfast>, 1900 Park Place <breakfast> and The California Grill <Dinner>
*We always talk about going fishing so i would like to try to fit that in $$ wise.
*I also want to get the special dessert with the Chocolate Cinderella slipper plate at Narcoosees.

Thank you mousebuzzers!
I can’t wait for your help!!
:wub:

It seems like you have a good base to start your planning. If you are in fact a planning nut like most of us are, you should get the new copy of the Unoffical Guide to WDW that should be out in the next few weeks…it will give you tons of money saving ideas and tips that are invaluable.

BTW: moved this thread to mousetrap because it’s not a trip report…more like a planning report.

I can’t wait to watch your plans unfold.

[QUOTE=poohbe66;858590]I am planning on going to WDW with my DBF in May of 2009. He hasn’t been there in like ten years and so much has changed. I really want him to have a great time and fall in love with disney like i have. Sometimes he just doesn’t understand but i want him to.:laugh: I am a major planner and would just like some ideas and tips that i can look into.

~Side note~
I am in college, the DBF is a diesel mechanic, and we are starting our own business together. Funds are tight but should be getting better so just keep that in mind when it comes to tips. We have already begun saving and figured out some ways to cut costs (jet blue and $99 flights…can’t beat that :happy:) We have an idea that the coast will be a little over $2,000 for both of us. That includes the disney dining plan, airfare, and lodging.

I have some ideas already:
*I am getting the deluxe meal plan (DBF doesn’t do all the rides so what better way to spend our time than eating amazing food?!)
*I would like to eat at; The Coral Reef <lunch>, Le Cellar in Canada <dinner>, Narcoosees <Dinner>, The Tusker House <Breakfast>, 1900 Park Place <breakfast> and The California Grill <Dinner>
*We always talk about going fishing so i would like to try to fit that in $$ wise.
*I also want to get the special dessert with the Chocolate Cinderella slipper plate at Narcoosees.

Thank you mousebuzzers!
I can’t wait for your help!!
:wub:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great start to your plans. How long will you be going for?:happy:

I am sorry… how do i move the thread?

What resort are you staying at?

No Worries!:happy:
Dana already moved it for ya.

Well i would love you go Wednesday to Wednesday but that might be a bit much so it will probably be a Wednesday to Sunday deal… I am a Disney princess so anytime back in my kingdom is enough lol :heart:

No worries…I moved it for you. I just wanted you to know I moved it. No biggie.:heart:

THANK YOU DANA!!!:mickey:

We will probably stay at an All Star Resort… I am a soccer player and i have already stayed at the All Star Movie so I want to try the All Star Sports. If our business takes off soon then we will be making more and can stay at one of the Port Orleans Resorts. I would love to try the Port Orleans with the mansion! I think it’s the French Quarter.

Well if you are on the Deluxe plan, you will certainly be having a grand time dining. We are also doing the Deluxe plan for our next trip and are excited to try so many new places and we plan on literally snacking around the World!:laugh: We have a whole list of favorites planned. It looks like you have quite a few already on your list too.:happy:

Last summer we did the guided fishing excursion and loved it, but it can be a bit pricey. You can rent fishing rods at some of the resorts (POR, I think) and just fish on your own for a lot less.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;858649]Well if you are on the Deluxe plan, you will certainly be having a grand time dining. We are also doing the Deluxe plan for our next trip and are excited to try so many new places and we plan on literally snacking around the World!:laugh: We have a whole list of favorites planned. It looks like you have quite a few already on your list too.:happy:

Last summer we did the guided fishing excursion and loved it, but it can be a bit pricey. You can rent fishing rods at some of the resorts (POR, I think) and just fish on your own for a lot less.[/QUOTE]

I love the crapes in France with Chocolate sauce and in Japan the snow cone things are amazing!
I also did the guided tour with my dad two years ago at the Yatch Club it was so much fun. But i didn’t know that you could just get fishing poles that sounds great!! What a money saver! Thanks!

Sounds like you got a good start…