Not going to bore you with another TR, Trip Report

I got back yesterday. Had the worst trip to Disney every (no reflection on the people I was with…they were great). Got sick, got injured, got crushed by crowds, ran over by scooters, sneezed on by a dozen or so kids, got woke up in the middle of the night by screaming kids and parents, stood in some of the longest lines I have ever experienced at Disney.

But the biggest problem was our APs started last month when we bought them (we got vouchers that we turned in last week for our APs) instead of the first day we entered a park…and guest services wouldn’t do anything about it.

:mad:

Neither of us had a good time…the magic is just an ember and hardly glowing at that. We have decided to scale back our Dec trip and we are reconsidering our February trip.

oh, i am so sorry to hear you didn’t have a great time.

you gave enough of a recap as to why. i totally understand you not wanting to relive it through a TR.

but i do have a question, if you feel like answering it.

don’t most AP’s become active upon 1st use? why were your’s diff.? is this a new policy that is being implemented for all AP’s?

i hope you are feeling better…and i hope you weren’t injured badly.

:heart:

Yikes, that sounds less than magical.

Explain that AP problem. I don’t get what you’re talking about

We bought our AP’s last month when we booked the room. We got vouchers for the AP’s which we turned in last Friday for our APs. The APs are good a year from the date at which we paid for them not the day we first used them.

In the past it has been from first use. We went to guest services and they said that they were correct.

That is a bummer about the APs. It just doesn’t sound right!

WOW sorry to hear all the bad things that happened. I bet on your next trip it will be better as I would just think of it as a one time problem and look forward to the next trip

Tigger, so sorry to hear about your trip thats sad- but as for the APs, I too had vouchers when we bought them (July) and ours didnt activate until our first park use (September 1st) so this is most odd??? I would be taking this further if I were you.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time. We had one of those in 02. We took 03 off and it’s been good ever since. Hope you weren’t injured too badly. Maybe you’ll be more up to a TR in a couple weeks or so. If not, at least let us know you feel better and you didn’t need to go to the hospital for your injury.

Tig,

I called WDW AP office, and CM Becky assured me that there has been no change in policy and that, as always, 100% no question under any circumstances your AP is good for one year from the day you FIRST USE IT! She said that applies to premium and regular APs, whether they are out-of-state, DVC or FL resident APs.

Call this number and get it worked out: (407) 560-PASS (560-7277)

Sorry you had a bad trip… please give us some more details.

The AP issue is very strange. I was going to buy mine at the DIsney store today, but I don’t need it until Nov 19th. Maybe I will wait.

Wow . . . sounds awful!! Hope you are OK?

Hmmmm I just renewed my online . . . they expired on Oct. 14th . . . not using them until 10/31 . . . will be interested to see when they ACTUALLY start???

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;895132]Wow . . . sounds awful!! Hope you are OK?

Hmmmm I just renewed my online . . . they expired on Oct. 14th . . . not using them until 10/31 . . . will be interested to see when they ACTUALLY start???[/QUOTE]

If you renew, your expiration date for next year should be 10/14/09. Renewals go back to when they expire as a starting date.

So sorry to hear you had such a bad trip but Im sure the next one will be better. Have you considered writing to Disney about how awful your trip was? Ive heard of people doing it in the past and they’ve recieved apologies along with some vouchers etc, could be worth a try!

Hope your next trip is better.I would follow up with the APs.Also hope you are Ok.

Rats!! DD4 is still a different date . . . I was hoping we’d all be the same . . . it’s only a two week difference . . . oh well . . . that’s cool we always do a Oct/Nov trip so I’m not losing much time!!

Thanks for the info! :happy:

I feel your pain.
We had our worst trip ever in August.
I am just back on the boards now for the first time since then. No trip planned at the moment, but the sour taste is starting to go away.

I think you’ll fell better in a few months time.

Oh no!!! :wub: HUGS!!

David

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I had kinda of the same feeling after my last May trip so I kinda know what you mean. Hope you post more about the trip.

[QUOTE=tigger;895048]We bought our AP’s last month when we booked the room. We got vouchers for the AP’s which we turned in last Friday for our APs. The APs are good a year from the date at which we paid for them not the day we first used them.

In the past it has been from first use. We went to guest services and they said that they were correct.[/QUOTE]

That is not right because 3 weeks ago we had vouchers from which we bought in June and they dont expire until Septemeber 21st the first day we used them. I would call disney and check to see if that is correct

I’m sorry your trip wasn’t very magical. We’ve never had a bad trip but I know it can happen. I hope your next trip is what you have come to expect and you keep your Feb trip.

Call about your AP, the CM was wrong.