Not using DDP for a meal

Sitting here dreaming of making my ADRs in 51 days :blush: and I was wondering. this next trip will be just me and DS13… aka my VERY PICKY EATER; I will pick mainly restaurants that I know will serve something that he eats, but would also like to go to a few that I know he won’t, but I REALLY want to try (i.e. Narcoosee’s, Ohana). Can I eat and use the TS credits for my meal and pay for his drink and (if they have) a plate of fries? Or will I still have to use one (or two) of his TS points for his meal? I know I have to purchase the DDP for everyone in the party, but do I have to use it for everyone in the party at the meal?

I guess it really doesn’t matter, but I could maybe do an extra 2 credit TS if I can use his extra TS credits and pay for him?

You can do that. I know, because we have done that before :wink:

Just be sure to ask for your meals on separate tickets and explain to the server before hand.

YIPPEE!! Thanks for the info. So let’s see, f I feed him fries and drinks all week and take all of his TS… :blush: endless possibilities! :laugh:

Actually, with the exception of Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey’s, he probably wouldn’t mind!

Oh, the next 51 days will be fun!

Oh what wonderful information!!! I now have to rethink my whole dinner situation:laugh::laugh:!

We’ve done just that for our VERY PICKY eater in the past with no issues.

This past summer we were charged the full adult price for the nuggets and fries, unlike in the past when we were only charged the nugget and fry price. I don’t know if it’s a new rule or up to the server but we didn’t question it since it’s a set price meal. (we weren’t on the dining plan)

Right? That changes everything!!

Oh great; thanks for the advice. I’ll make sure to do that.

I tried to do this one other time at Coral Reef, the first year we went to Disney and the server argued with me, but that was a horrible dining experience all around, so I’m not gonna… actually he argued with me that my son couldn’t order only fries, he had to order a full meal… sadly, the server got a full tip because at that time gratuity was included… but I digress!

[QUOTE=crazy4tink;1060313]Oh great; thanks for the advice. I’ll make sure to do that.

I tried to do this one other time at Coral Reef, the first year we went to Disney and the server argued with me, but that was a horrible dining experience all around, so I’m not gonna… actually he argued with me that my son couldn’t order only fries, he had to order a full meal… sadly, the server got a full tip because at that time gratuity was included… but I digress![/QUOTE]

Our Coral Reef experience wasn’t that great either. We keep saying we’er going to give it another try, but we can’t ever seem to bring our selves to actually go.

I’m now convinced we are going to Narcossee’s! Wooohoooo :laugh:!

[QUOTE=crazy4tink;1060306]YIPPEE!! Thanks for the info. So let’s see, f I feed him fries and drinks all week and take all of his TS… :blush: endless possibilities! :laugh:

Actually, with the exception of Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey’s, he probably wouldn’t mind!

Oh, the next 51 days will be fun![/QUOTE]

Why yes, how clever of you to think about those possibilities:laugh:

I knew you could do that at menu restaurants but didn’t realize it could be done at all u can eat type places (buffets, O’hanas etal)

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1060316]Our Coral Reef experience wasn’t that great either. We keep saying we’er going to give it another try, but we can’t ever seem to bring our selves to actually go.

I’m now convinced we are going to Narcossee’s! Wooohoooo :laugh:![/QUOTE]

When they were younger our gang loved Narc’s just for the wide range of selections on the menu. I think even a picky eater can find something. Now they want to go on the first night since it validates to them that they are back in the world.

I just booked ours for the first night we are there! Too funny:happy:

My picky eater eats… french fries, PB&J, McDonald’s chicken nuggets (only McDonalds), fruit, yogurt and some various breakfast items (pancakes, waffles, and cereal). That’s it! OH and cornbread, thanks to a trip to Cape May Clam Bake, last trip! No hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, mac n cheese, spaghetti, fish…

It makes my grocery shopping very focused!

Well, those places charge one price. So no, you cannot do that there (I think)

Ok Dopey, now you’ve confused me (which isn’t really THAT hard to do these days lol). Can we, or can’t we?heehee
Should be common sense, just messin with ya :happy:

[QUOTE=crazy4tink;1060328]My picky eater eats… french fries, PB&J, McDonald’s chicken nuggets (only McDonalds), fruit, yogurt and some various breakfast items (pancakes, waffles, and cereal). That’s it! OH and cornbread, thanks to a trip to Cape May Clam Bake, last trip! No hamburgers, pizza, hot dogs, mac n cheese, spaghetti, fish…

It makes my grocery shopping very focused![/QUOTE]

I have a very similar child. I’ve really tried to get him to eat more but it’s a slow process. Mine eats hamburgers, fries, chicken nuggets/strips, grilled cheese, PB&J (no J unless I sneak it in), Kraft mac, cheese if I force the issue, cheese pizza w/o sauce, dinner rolls/cornbread, apples, green grapes, bananas, carrots, and some breakfast foods. Surprising things he eats are kiwi and Wild West Shrimp from Longhorn. I’m sure I forgot a few things but he doesn’t eat a lot. We’re working on it but he just isn’t interested. Grilled pork chops are something he’s learning to like but isn’t there yet.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1060388]Ok Dopey, now you’ve confused me (which isn’t really THAT hard to do these days lol). Can we, or can’t we?heehee
Should be common sense, just messin with ya :happy:[/QUOTE]

Why I oughta …

:tongue: