Notes from the Trip

I’m not doing a trip report :ninja: , but here are a few notes from the trip:

The filet mignon at Le Cellier is to die for! :heart:

Gingita and Ingamba are wonderful folk! :cool:

I can see why people fall in love with the Wilderness Lodge–it truly was a joy to stay there. :wub:

We’re getting to the point that we don’t have to do all the rides every trip. Just enjoying the atmosphere and joy of WDW is great.

If you go to WDW with someone who’s in the middle of chemo treatments, build in lots of rest time and take it very easy (we’d planned to do this from the time we booked the trip, but it really was necessary to slow it down a little bit).

The jogging trail from the WL to Fort Wilderness feels really isolated–I had to go back to the room to get my cell phone before I felt comfortable running on it.

Laying in bed at the WL, eating “pinecone waffles,” and watching Toon Disney is a great way to spend a Saturday morning at Walt Disney World.

I’m glad I called in for the big meeting at work. I got a lot of good, necessary information, and my roommate used the two hours to get a good nap in.

The Share a Dream Come True Parade never gets old. :crying:

Fantasmic never gets old, either. :closedeye:

The Magic Kingdom resorts have the nicest and most fun boat captains in all of Walt Disney World.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the most relaxing of all four parks.

Tusker House breakfast continues to reign supreme over all counter service breakfasts at WDW (and over a few table service breakfasts).

No matter how much I spend to get to WDW, it’s worth it.

Space Mountain is still the best roller coaster in the World.

It’s never too cold for a Dole Whip.

They’ve opened up the back of the Exposition Hall again. You can’t get to the room with the mural, but you can get to the room with the old cartoons and cutouts for fun photos.

There’s a light-up Yeti snowglobe that you can buy in the Expedition Everest gift shop—and Yeti slippers should the mood strike you.

The new tea cart next to Expedition Everest is authentic and excellent. Try the vanilla (an excellent complement to Tusker House Breakfast—see above)! :wink:

The Magic Kingdom horse that pulls the trolley is a biter! We asked if we could get our picture taken on either side of him, and he nibbled on both of our elbows! Ouch! :nonono2:

I hope to add more notes as I think of them… :angel:

Sounds like a wonderful trip! I am so glad you loved WL, it really is a beautiful resort.

I loved it, Stephanie! It’s another world there.

We feel the exact same way, I could stay there every trip from here on. It’s just so relaxing, from the minute we walk through those huge front doors the rest of the world is forgotten. We are booked at POR this summer but I may switch to WL if AP rates come out.

sounds like you had a wonderful time

I’m with you. We tried to book WL for the May trip my mom talked us into, but all that was available was an over-the-top-expensive Courtyard view :eek: . We booked CSR (which we aboslutely love and haven’t stayed at for a while) for now, but might check out WL if those AP rates come.

We really did. WDW just gets better and better every trip.

I totally agree with that statement, WDW just keeps getting better and better. The more often I go the more fun I have. I think part of it is knowing more about the parks and how to get the most out of our time there. I think the other part is knowing that we don’t have to try to do it all. Our first few trips were ‘once in a lifetime’ trips so we did as much as we could because it would be years before the next trip (Not!). Now we just slow down and soak up all the magic and look for some overlooked things.

What a great time! It sounds like you took time and really enjoyed yourself!!! :wub:

Oh, and I want yeti slippers! The mood strikes me!

Bali’s words in black. My words in red

I’m not doing a trip report , but here are a few notes from the trip:

The filet mignon at Le Cellier is to die for!

I couldn’t agree more.

Gingita and Ingamba are wonderful folk!

Thanks Bali, and you couldn’t be any sweeter if you tried.

I can see why people fall in love with the Wilderness Lodge–it truly was a joy to stay there.

I’ve never stayed there, have only visited it several times, and I’m still in love with it.

We’re getting to the point that we don’t have to do all the rides every trip. Just enjoying the atmosphere and joy of WDW is great.

I feel that way too. It’s nice, kind of takes the pressure off you and let’s you enjoy the little things.

If you go to WDW with someone who’s in the middle of chemo treatments, build in lots of rest time and take it very easy (we’d planned to do this from the time we booked the trip, but it really was necessary to slow it down a little bit).

Great advice for those who need it. God bless you for considering the needs of others.

The jogging trail from the WL to Fort Wilderness feels really isolated–I had to go back to the room to get my cell phone before I felt comfortable running on it.

Have never had the pleasure of jogging it. Good for you for taking your personal safety seriously.

Laying in bed at the WL, eating “pinecone waffles,” and watching Toon Disney is a great way to spend a Saturday morning at Walt Disney World.

Have never had the pleasure, sounds awesome though.

I’m glad I called in for the big meeting at work. I got a lot of good, necessary information, and my roommate used the two hours to get a good nap in.

If it works for you, more power to you.

The Share a Dream Come True Parade never gets old.

I agree, and neither does Spectro.

Fantasmic never gets old, either. :

I find it a little dated, but I agree, it’s always a thrill to see it.

The Magic Kingdom resorts have the nicest and most fun boat captains in all of Walt Disney World.

Didn’t get to interact with them on this trip, but I have in the past, and you’re right, they’re cool.

Disney’s Animal Kingdom is the most relaxing of all four parks.

Absolutely agree

Tusker House breakfast continues to reign supreme over all counter service breakfasts at WDW (and over a few table service breakfasts).

It is great, isn’t it. And they make a killer lunch too.

No matter how much I spend to get to WDW, it’s worth it.

Here, here. It’s only money, right?

Space Mountain is still the best roller coaster in the World.

My vote would be for BTMRR, but SM is still a favorite and an out and out classic.

It’s never too cold for a Dole Whip.

I could have one when it’s 20 below

They’ve opened up the back of the Exposition Hall again. You can’t get to the room with the mural, but you can get to the room with the old cartoons and cutouts for fun photos.

I tried to get back there to see the mural too. I was misinformed that it was possible and disapointed when told my a CM that it was inaccesible.

There’s a light-up Yeti snowglobe that you can buy in the Expedition Everest gift shop—and Yeti slippers should the mood strike you.

The gift shop was closed when I went, but I would’ve bought a pin for sure Probably would’ve passed on the slippers.

The new tea cart next to Expedition Everest is authentic and excellent. Try the vanilla (an excellent complement to Tusker House Breakfast—see above)!

I didn’t have the pleasure to partake in it.

The Magic Kingdom horse that pulls the trolley is a biter! We asked if we could get our picture taken on either side of him, and he nibbled on both of our elbows! Ouch!

I never got that close to him, have only admired him from afar. If I do get to meet him, I’ll be careful to protect my elbows!

Bali, I just want to reiterate what a pleasure it was to meet you. I only regret that I didn’t get to spend more time with you. I hope to meet up with you again soon, either at WDW or in the city. Next time I need to shop at Century 21, I’ll let you know! :wink:

Great way to summarize your trip Bali…

I hope you didn’t sustain any permanent injuries from your horse encounter. :laugh:

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time! And it was such a pleasure to meet you–thanks for the kind words. :happy:

Any non-TR pictures??? hmm???
I like the point-form thoughts!

HEAR HEAR!!! Just give me a scarf and some ear muffs and I will ALWAYS be wanting a dole whip droool

Thanks for sharing your notes bali.
Glad to see you had a great time!

What a nice report, very upbeat.

Loved your notes. Post more as you think of them.

This is such a great list of stuff to read bali! Glad you had a great time!

I agree with AK and Tusker House!!

This is wonderful. I am taking your tip on the Tuskerhouse breakfast. It has been added to my “want to do’s”

Thanks for the fun responses, everyone!

Ingamba, let me know when you’re downtown–we can choose one of the 14 Starbucks within a 2-block radius and have a coffee!

And Hog, no sustained injuries, but horse spit on my new Wilderness Lodge shirt was not a welcome sight… .