October 3rd mnsshp cancelled

The October 3 scheduled Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom has been cancelled. If you ordered tickets to this October 3 party, you can call (407) W-Disney to move your tickets to another party or obtain a refund.

What’s interesting is why was it cancelled.

Oh no, I wonder why? :huh:

Do tell. Are any others at risk of being cancelled? That would be a drag…:frowning:

disney is advising that they are doing this due to lack of interest. what is interesting is that the park is still scheduled to close at 7 that night. i think this is just more cost cutting measures in response to lower than usual attendance levels. we will see if any more dates are affected, i am sure there will be a few.

Sadly this isn’t the last cut we’re going to see this year. :crying:

Did they announce this somewhere or contact people who already purchased tickets?

i saw it posted on WDW news today. i looked on the WDW website, and the date has been removed from the mnsshp list

Please share.

I think he said it was cancelled due to lack of interest! Yikes! I’m nervous about the tickets we have, I think it’s for Oct. 9th, I’ll have to go check.

Yeah, I just checked the WDW website, my date is still listed thankfully but Oct 3rd surely is gone. :sad: Yikes, I hope that trend doesn’t continue! I want to go, it will be our first MNSSHP!

OH MY! I better get my tickets soon . . . we want to go on the 24th! My Mom is flying in to go with us . . . that would STINK if it gets all booked up!

I called for a value room Aug 15-17 . . . I know it’s still peak season, but there wasn’t ONE to be found . . . with the cost of everything I guess people are saving on the resort . . . still Disney, just smaller! :laugh: They offered me CSR or CBR for $99/night . . . that’s a GOOD deal!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;853099]OH MY! I better get my tickets soon . . . we want to go on the 24th! My Mom is flying in to go with us . . . that would STINK if it gets all booked up!

I called for a value room Aug 15-17 . . . I know it’s still peak season, but there wasn’t ONE to be found . . . with the cost of everything I guess people are saving on the resort . . . still Disney, just smaller! :laugh: They offered me CSR or CBR for $99/night . . . that’s a GOOD deal![/QUOTE]

That is a good price. I know Disney isn’t cheap but when I look at what rooms cost it really isn’t bad. We’re booked at a hotel near a hospital for an appointment Nate has this fall and we’re paying more than that per night with the patient discount. WDW resorts really aren’t as expensive as some think, you just have to do your homework and know when to go to save money (and it’s not Christmas!).

You are right about that!!!

For our Xmas week, I thought we’d do Poly or AKL for Xmas Eve to Day . . . well at $650 FOR THE NIGHT . . . we will NOT! :blush:

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;853112]You are right about that!!!

For our Xmas week, I thought we’d do Poly or AKL for Xmas Eve to Day . . . well at $650 FOR THE NIGHT . . . we will NOT! :blush:[/QUOTE]

We had to do a moderate last Christmas. I would have loved to stay at WL but I just couldn’t pay that much.:eek:

Yes, I have friends who are going to a sporting event in a small town in upstate NY next week and they are paying more per night at the super 8 they are staying at than I have paid to stay at POR/FQ.

i looked into this a little more, apparently disney holds a press party every year in the beginning of october to announce their plans for the parks for the next few years. rumor has it that the party was cancelled in order to accomodate this annual event. i guess we’ll have to wait and see…

I have always wondered why the party is scheduled in Sept, and not just in Oct. If it is for budgeting reasons, I wonder what next year’s schedule will look like?

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;853099]OH MY! I better get my tickets soon . . . we want to go on the 24th! My Mom is flying in to go with us . . . that would STINK if it gets all booked up!

I called for a value room Aug 15-17 . . . I know it’s still peak season, but there wasn’t ONE to be found . . . with the cost of everything I guess people are saving on the resort . . . still Disney, just smaller! :laugh: They offered me CSR or CBR for $99/night . . . that’s a GOOD deal![/QUOTE]

We are staying at ASMo the 16th-20th booked from last Nov on a bounceback, which apples to oranges, your moderate is a better deal! And it beats the end of summer promo that we got for POR as well! That would be hard to pass up…

That makes sense, I figured they had a good reason.