October Park Attendance Through the Roof!

I don’t know what it is or the occasion. Maybe Columbus Day this week. But our forecasted crowds are triple what they normally are for this time of year!

Today at MK, the park is open from 8am-3am (EMH). That’s unheard of for October! At least for as long as I’ve been here. And the park is VERY packed today!

Not trying to scare those of you coming down during the “slow” season that’s supposed to be now. Maybe it’s just this week. But if you’re coming soon, just be on your toes, prepared, gird your loins, just be prepared for a lot more people than normal for this time of year.

This is a PSA :biggrin:

Wow! I was checking availability, and there were zero DVC studios available for the month of October and November. Thought maybe this time of year was just popular with the DVC crowds, but with your post, I’m thinking the cash rooms are booked also.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1123160]I don’t know what it is or the occasion. Maybe Columbus Day this week. But our forecasted crowds are triple what they normally are for this time of year!

Today at MK, the park is open from 8am-3am (EMH). That’s unheard of for October! At least for as long as I’ve been here. And the park is VERY packed today!

Not trying to scare those of you coming down during the “slow” season that’s supposed to be now. Maybe it’s just this week. But if you’re coming soon, just be on your toes, prepared, gird your loins, just be prepared for a lot more people than normal for this time of year.

This is a PSA :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, Rowdy!

Also, I would like to say that I appreciate your use of "gird your loins."I used that phrase at work last week and one of my employees told me that no one in the 21st century says “gird your loins” anymore. :laugh: I am happy to see I am not the only one! :laugh:

here’s an eye-opener. There is not one single room available for check-in 11/9 for six nights…not one single Disney room. That just persuaded me to not want to be there for my 40th Bday next year which is 11/11/13. No thanks.

I’ve posted this before… but from our visit in late August, and friends visits in other off time, attendance has been up at the times it has been predicted to be less…good for WDW business…not so much for those of us who go in the “off season”…but…what can you do? It’s Disney and fun regardless!!

Left MK at 12pm today. Got in at 8am, hit all of the majors, and went over to friends at FW for drinks and lunch. Going back with the girls for Wishes and to close the park at 3AM.
EP booths were crazy packed for the noon to 5pm period Friday which is the usually slow time before the local guests get in after work.
Hope the next 4 days, M-Th are somewhat slower.

Even the suites at the deluxe resorts that a grand or so a night? Isn’t there about 27 million rooms in total?

My heart was racing as I read that first post, rowdy!

Sorry :laugh: What I saw when I was working at Crystal Palace today DEFINITELY reflected those numbers.

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1123164]Thanks for the update, Rowdy!

Also, I would like to say that I appreciate your use of "gird your loins."I used that phrase at work last week and one of my employees told me that no one in the 21st century says “gird your loins” anymore. :laugh: I am happy to see I am not the only one! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

You are definitely NEVER alone. :wink:

I’m normally there during peak season, so the crowds don’t scare me! I’ll take on some higher than normal crowds in order to get my Disney fix!

A lot of schools near me have the Friday before Columbus or Veteran’s day off for teacher workshops. I think that encourages people to go away at that time as the kids miss one less day of school.

Rowdy - Whats the foriegn ratio? Just curious.

I have been hearing (on other boards:blush:) that the dates around 11/9 are booked everywhere too. It seems like a perfect storm of Veteran’s Day, the end of Food and Wine and the beginning of the holiday stuff. I went at that time about 3 or 4 years ago and it was middle of the road busy but it seems like this year will be pretty nuts. Was free dining offered for that time period?

I am hoping that the crowds right now and the crowds for that week in October mean that my week in between will be lighter. Ha.

HS was crazy today. EP was bearable for booth hopping. Went to AK and it was slower even with an EMH. The majors went down and we waited for them to come back up. Everyone left. Walked into EE and KRR and then spent the late hours walking the paths and bouncing between the drink locations until closing. Hope crowds are better tomorrow when some folks leave from the 3 day weekend.

We were there last week of September and it was twice as crowded as it ususally is that time of year. We’ve almost always gone during that time period and it’s been enjoyable…not this time. Plus it was HOT…hotter than usual.

And Rowdy, were you “friends with Tigger” at the Crystal Palace on Saturday, September 29 during lunch? If so we were there with our 13 month old Granddaughter and were on the left side of the resturaunt 2nd table at the window and Pooh & Tigger came out about the same time, Tigger skipped our table & I asked him to come back cause he skipped our table. :laugh: It may have had something to do with the fact that our DGD was a slight bit afraid of Pooh & Tigger too. LOL!!!:laugh:

[QUOTE=Live life;1123255]
And Rowdy, were you “friends with Tigger” at the Crystal Palace on Saturday, September 29 during lunch? [/QUOTE]

Nope. I’m too tall to help out Tigger. Plus I was on my honeymoon on the 29th :biggrin:

Congratulations. You didn’t tell us you got married! Wow!

:laugh: Sorry everyone. Was running around like a chicken for the past 3 months.

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1123266] Plus I was on my honeymoon on the 29th :biggrin:[/QUOTE

Congratulations . :heart::heart:

Someday you must share details…your wedding,not the honeymoon:blush: