Off the Beaten Path

As some of you know DH and I are going to WDW Oct 20-26 as a 30th Anniversary gift from our children. Well I promised DH no running around like a maniac seeing everything (See his world doesn’t revolve around the mouse like mine - actually he teases me by saying we are infested with rodents everytime I purchase another Mickey related item)

What I’m looking for are suggestions for visiting/seeing things normally passed by or unknown, like the Koi Pond in Japan - which I’ve never seen yet but will this trip. I also plan on visiting some of the value & moderate hotels to check out the decor as I have already visited all the Deluxe ones.

Any other suggestions?

We always take the monorail and get off and visit all of the monorail resort and take awesome pictures. We also get off at the Poly and go hang out on the beach area and lay in the hammocks or sit in the swings in the late afternoon. That is really nice.

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1046611]As some of you know DH and I are going to WDW Oct 20-26 as a 30th Anniversary gift from our children. Well I promised DH no running around like a maniac seeing everything (See his world doesn’t revolve around the mouse like mine - actually he teases me by saying we are infested with rodents everytime I purchase another Mickey related item)

What I’m looking for are suggestions for visiting/seeing things normally passed by or unknown, like the Koi Pond in Japan - which I’ve never seen yet but will this trip. I also plan on visiting some of the value & moderate hotels to check out the decor as I have already visited all the Deluxe ones.

Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Where’s the fun in that?:mickey:

Our last trip, we took the boat from the Contemporary to Fort Wilderness, to see the horses. One of the highlights of the trip. It’s so relaxing over there, and LOVE horses!

"no running around like a maniac seeing everything "

I know there is no fun this that but he has been lond enough to let me go to WDW without him 3 times with friends and various relatives that I have to be nice to him and let him enjoy this trip alitlle too

Great idea I just booked the Haunted Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness - Thanks

DW and I like to rent bikes from WL and ride over to FW and spend an afternoon cruising around. We’ll stop for lunch somewhere, get off and walk around some, and just decompress from the parks, and ride back to WL. You can always do it in reverse from FW to WL.

ALSO, DW and I really enjoy night EMH at AK. Stroll around hand in hand with your special someone and explore all the quiet places along the river or off the trails. Stroll around the outer circle and you will run into the CM’s by Africa since it is closed for EMH. They are always nice and love telling about the best night things to do at EMH. And the ToL is REALLY nice during this period. If you have a tripod for your camera or you rest it and delay the exposure time the pictures you get are amazing.

Fort Widerness and go horseback riding.

Since you are at the French Quarter, take the boat to DTD. It’s one of my favorite things to do.

Sleep late, sit poolside, take a nap - head to the parks for late night EMH!

[QUOTE=DonnyD;1046618]"no running around like a maniac seeing everything "

I know there is no fun this that but he has been lond enough to let me go to WDW without him 3 times with friends and various relatives that I have to be nice to him and let him enjoy this trip alitlle too[/QUOTE]

But just this once right?:tongue:

Don’t feel bad
I promised the same thing to my bf. We just went last year. During the same week as we are going this year. He wants to relax and have sit down meals two to three times a day. I’m on with it tho. As long as I’m happy