Officially booked at AKL!

I am SO SO SO excited! We took advantage of a 30% off pin code we got in the mail last week and booked an AKL savanna view bunk bed room for June 9-16! This will be our first visit to AKL and we are all beside ourselves excited!!!

We love it there. I’ve always felt if I had to be stuck in a resort, I’d like it to be there.

How exciting. Have fun planning!

Awesome!!! My absolute favorite resort of them all. With bunk beds, you may be more limited, but be sure to check out the room view right away. If you don’t like it, don’t be afraid to go back to guest services and request a different room. They are totally great with that. Unless they are totally sold out, which I doubt with so early in the summer, they will give you a couple of other choices.

Can anybody recommend a location I should ask for?

Good question… I need to know this as well… I will be at AKL from June 3-8.

At Kidani Village I was told to request close to the lobby so that I would have’t to walk for ever down a never ending hallway. Is AKL the same way?

[QUOTE=bransworld;1099033]Good question… I need to know this as well… I will be at AKL from June 3-8.

At Kidani Village I was told to request close to the lobby so that I would have’t to walk for ever down a never ending hallway. Is AKL the same way?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Those fingers can get mighty long, just like airport terminal fingers (:laugh:).
You could even request something overlooking the lobby in Jambo house if the noise doesn’t bother you. But I don’t know if they offer savannah views.

We like the side of the Zebra Trail and Uzima Savanna (when you are facing the huge windows in the back of the resort, the hallway to the right) so that you are on the same side as the Mara, Boma and entrance to the pool. A lot less walking to get to them. Also (this is just personal) I don’t want to be looking at another building (Kidani) on my vacation, which some rooms have that view on the other side (hallway to the left).

ooooo , oooo take me take me… I love that place we did not have a savannah room but there are so many places to see the animals… this place is amazing… the staff is great. :laugh:

You are going to love AKL! It’s one of my favorite resorts. It’s also Star Wars weekend. Go dork out for me since I will be missing it yet again:frown:

You will love it! AKL was a resort I didn’t think I would like. We stayed there a few years ago because we were traveling with family and it was their choice. Well, I fell in love. When I stay there, I often feel like I am taking 2 vacations - the fun Disney parks vacation and then the super relaxing, African savanna lodge vacation. It is such an amazing respite from the parks after a long day.

Have so much fun!

Whoooo Whooooo congratulations how cool:heart:

Sounds like you got a good deal for a great trip!
Have fun with all of the planning.

Fantastic! AKL is my home away from home, I love it there!