Oh, dear

So I just talked to my next door neighbor this morning. Turns out they’re leaving for Disney World tomorrow, going for a week!

And they’ve made no plans to deal with crowds… no dining reservations… nothing but a hotel! :ohmy: :eek:

I did the best I could… gave them the dining line # and told her to just call and ask them to find what they could… told her to get to the parks at rope drop… explained Fastpass…

I hope it goes well!

[QUOTE=Andrea;914888]So I just talked to my next door neighbor this morning. Turns out they’re leaving for Disney World tomorrow, going for a week!

And they’ve made no plans to deal with crowds… no dining reservations… nothing but a hotel! :ohmy: :eek:

I did the best I could… gave them the dining line # and told her to just call and ask them to find what they could… told her to get to the parks at rope drop… explained Fastpass…

I hope it goes well![/QUOTE]

That was kind of you Andrea!! We are leaving today, and I had to call Dining Ressies yesterday to change something… there is little to no availablity anywhere. I hope your neighbors have a good time.

I was talking to someone last week who is taking her family (husband & 2 boys & herself) in february and had pretty much the same thing…NOTHING!:blink:. I explained the same things…rope drop, fast pass…they are not staying on poperty (why anyone would do this i dont know!) but i still told her the advantages of staying at a Disney resort…some people are just clueless!!!

yes Some people are totally clueless… They have to go through the learning curve… They will come back and tell you how crowded it was and how they could not get dining reservations anywhere.

[QUOTE=tinkfans;914896]I was talking to someone last week who is taking her family (husband & 2 boys & herself) in february and had pretty much the same thing…NOTHING!:blink:. I explained the same things…rope drop, fast pass…they are not staying on poperty (why anyone would do this i dont know!) but i still told her the advantages of staying at a Disney resort…some people are just clueless!!![/QUOTE]

I think they won’t have too many problems getting seats at sit down restaurants at that time of year. People that don’t stay on property usually have no idea that the sit-downs even exist. They do it on the “cheap” at counter service places :wink:

Gulp! :blink: Hope they have fun.

PS - Have a great trip leslieh!

yeah, i know someone going just to epcot for one day - Christmas day - and has no idea where they want to eat. she said she didn’t think it’d be very busy since its Christmas day. :blink::ohmy: i gave her disney dining # and allears.net info months ago - but she hasn’t looked yet. i warned her they may be eating elsewhere or counter service - we’ll see…

My principal leaves tomorrow and I don’t think they have any plans either. The focus of the trip is a family visit so hopefully they won’t be too disappointed with WDW. I warned them about the the crowds and told them about fastpass so hopefully they have a nice couple of days.

haha… that’s like what happened when my boyfriend’s family went to WDW. All they had was a place to stay - didn’t do any research. :glare: I was sure to fill them in. :happy:

I don’t know why so many people don’t plan ahead. To me WDW means hotel, ADRs, park hours, EMH, special events… :laugh: I take everything into account.

I wish the best of luck to your neighbors at WDW. I hope they have a fantastic time!

(My worst problem with people not planning ahead is that they get frustrated when they realize how crowded it is. If they had planned ahead, they’d have been prepared for the crowds and known how to avoid them. :closedeye)

well, there’s always turkey legs and Dole whips!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;914959]well, there’s always turkey legs and Dole whips![/QUOTE]

Dole whips make a perfect meal.:happy:

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;914939]haha… that’s like what happened when my boyfriend’s family went to WDW. All they had was a place to stay - didn’t do any research. :glare: I was sure to fill them in. :happy:

I don’t know why so many people don’t plan ahead. To me WDW means hotel, ADRs, park hours, EMH, special events… :laugh: I take everything into account.

I wish the best of luck to your neighbors at WDW. I hope they have a fantastic time!

(My worst problem with people not planning ahead is that they get frustrated when they realize how crowded it is. If they had planned ahead, they’d have been prepared for the crowds and known how to avoid them. :closedeye)[/QUOTE]
Most people don’t know anything about WDW other than Walt Disney and rides.
I know, because the first time we went we had absolutely no plans and were ok because it was the second or third week of November, no crowds and everything easily accessable. I actually didn’t know that there were resorts to stay in :ohmy: until years later. So, it can be done, how well depends on the time of year. Also, numbers are down. Praisegirl43 just got back and said it was not busy at all and they had the best trip ever :wink:

These are usually the same people that when they return, complain that it was soooo… crowded and soooo… busy and can’t understand why we go so often. Yet when you try to help them with their vacation planning they think they know it all and won’t take the advice of someone who has gone to WDW on vacation over 40 times.

Good luck to your neighbors Andrea!! The first time we visited WDW, I had no clue about ADR’s. My mom was befuddled that we couldn’t just walk up and get a table at LTT :eek: The hostess told my mom that we could wait for around an hour to see if anyone cancels…we ended up with a burger from a CS :laugh:

I quickly learned to research everything I could about all things Disney.

OMG Sounds like someone I just rented DVC points to. They rented pts but had no plans whatso ever and they leave in 28 days

Well live and learn! The first time we went back to Disney after about a 10 year hiatus, we didn’t know how much things had changed. we were so impressed with the changes we have been back every year since! :laugh: i guess it’s what you make of it. Some people like to plan (myself included) others don’t. As long as they don"t moan and groan about what is available and what is not!!

I do hope it works out for them- they’re nice people.

I peinted out the Fastpass instructions from allears for them That should help a bit.

I have to say when we first went 20 years ago we didn’t know too much either. The thing was that Florida was not such a popular choice for Brits back in those days and so there was not much info available.
However, thanks to sites like Mousebuzz, the internet, and generally asking lots of questions whilst on holiday in the USA we are now considered to be some sort of experts in all things Disney (only by first time Brits of course!)
And besides that, not everyone likes to plan ahead, some people just like to go with the flow!!

Since we have never stayed on Disney property (always rented a Villa) we never worried about ADR’s. We were happy eating quick service or at the villa. We couldn’t afford the dining plan (unless it was free) and had to eat cheaply if we wanted to even go to Disney. A villa allows our family to be more comfortable. With three kids it just works for us.
The biggest thing to know about is the fastpass system and getting there at rope drop. I would like to benefit from EMH, but have never been one to spend money on dining or really want to be committed to eat a certain time.
Our first trip to Disney was great and we really didn’t have any definite plans!