Oh, Lord help me!

Two of our family members today decided to join us on our trip to WDW in January. My issue is we have Le Cellier Steakhouse and Kona booked. Are we going to have an issue adding two people on to an already party of 4? I would cry if we lose our Le Cellier stakhouse reservations. Help me! :crying:

I dont know how feasible this is Justin, but as you already have the ressie, I would just go along with the extra two guests. I am sure they can find an extra couple of seats. For all reservations know, they may have ‘mis heard’ the number of guests, so it could be a genuine over sight?
On the other hand you could call and try and add the guests but I am wondering whether being up front about it may negate the booking altogether? Its a tough call, but honest or not I know what I would do.

This exact thing happened to us this past October. If you can not book the extra two as a seperate reservation or add them on, don’t count on them eating with you. We found one or two places with close enough times so we all ate together for example at California Grill. The Castle would not add the extra two for our dinner even though we checked first thing in the morning that day at the Castle. Grandma and Grandpa ate at Star light terrace while the 4 of us ate at the Castle. Hey we were at WDW and everyone still had a great time!

Hopefully you can have flexibility on who eats where. Good Luck.

This happened to us last month. Don’t worry about it. They’ll find room for you. You may have to wait a few extra minutes, but not likely. We had an extra person join us for dinner and we couldn’t believe how many extra seats there were in the restaurant. And yet, when we called the dining line, the place was “booked solid”

You can try to see if other ressies are available for 6, but honestly, I wouldn’t sweat it.

Just show up with forks and tell them you want to eat! :laugh:

You know what…I am going to sound so mean…but if this was me and I had already made plans for somewhere that I really wanted then I would just say it’s nice that they are coming along but they would have to make their own arrangements for those nights ( that being if Le Cellier couldn’t fit them in that is!!) It’s not up to you to lose what you hvae been waiting for for so long, it’s up to those people who suddenly decided to tag along to make their own arrangements!

My bad…I know! :laugh:

[QUOTE=ARIEL;1003553]You know what…I am going to sound so mean…but if this was me and I had already made plans for somewhere that I really wanted then I would just say it’s nice that they are coming along but they would have to make their own arrangements for those nights ( that being if Le Cellier couldn’t fit them in that is!!) It’s not up to you to lose what you hvae been waiting for for so long, it’s up to those people who suddenly decided to tag along to make their own arrangements!

My bad…I know! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

We called today and couldn’t get them in so we are like “okay not our fault find your own place bye” :laugh:

This happened to us in June with LeCellier and they would not let us add any people on. Our ressie was for right at opening and they were not busy.

Thats such a shame- I guess if you call ahead you give them the option to say no, whereas if you turn up, what they going to do? how could they prove you didnt ask for that number in your party? I am sure Reservations genuinely make that mistake more than once. I’d take the risk of taking the extra guests but maybe thats just me.:pirate:

We are going to take the risk and say this is our issue, make up some lies, give the puppy eyes and see. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree, this is what I would do. You already have a table reserved, like others said, just have them add two chairs, you’ll understand if you are a little more crowded. what about the people who make reservations and don’t show?

We made adrs for nina’s birthday at chef mickey’s. Then my inlaws decided to join us. My mom called AAA and the dining line to try and add them on. The dining line said they couldn’t add them. My mom talked to the lady at AAA and she said to just show up a half hour before our ressies. We did and they let them in no problem and the place was PACKED! So I think if you just show up as a party of extra then you’ll be fine! If not then too bad for them!

Two different groups of people attempted to do this when we were at LeCellier on 11/1…one party of four needed to add 1 and one party of three wanted to add 2…both were turned away. Of all the places we ate on this trip, Le Cellier was the only one at capacity. We tried to book it for our January trip at 90 days and couldn’t get anything for the whole week. They can’t just throw a couple of chairs at a table and crowd you in…there is a maximum capacity for safety reasons. It’s also a real hassle for the servers to have to inch their way around additional chairs. Since your friends decided to join you this late in the game, let them make reservations somewhere else and meet up afterward.

You may be fine at Kona but Le Cellier is going to be tough. It’s a small restaurant and it’s always booked. They won’t seat 6 at a 4 seater so pulling up extra chairs isn’t usually an option. I would show up early and see if they will seat you but make sure the extra people understand it’s probably not going to happen.

We were meeting some friends for dinner at Yachtman Steakhouse but waited too late to book our ADRs together so our ADRs were about an hour apart and they would not seat us together at the same time. We knew it was a possibility but decided to take a chance. We had the same situation at Sci Fi and got seated together. It all depends on how busy the restaurant is.

You cannot just simply show up with 2 extra people and expect them to seat them at your table of 4 by pulling up 2 extra chairs. They won’t do it, especially at Le Cellier. IT’S TOO TIGHT IN THERE! Besides they have to abide by fire regulations. You are booked in as a group of 4, therefore you get the next table for 4. It would be different if you were a group of 5 and showed up with 6 because a group of 5 gets seated at a table for 6 so showing up with a 6th person doesn’t change the table size. But what you’re trying to do is go from a table for 4 to a table for 6 and the number of tables for 6 is limited and the amount of space in the restaurants is limited as well.

When I dine in the table service restaurants I already feel like I get to know my neighbours enough because the tables are so close together, I don’t need my neighbours sitting in my lap because they showed up with extra people and they decided to squeeze them into the table that wasn’t big enough for them.

I’m of the mind…You snooze you lose. They waited to join and now they have to deal. They can tag along, and see if it’s truly ‘booked’ but they better not be shocked if they can’t get in.

I served in a tight restaurant and it was a pain in the tuckus when a party added more people than originally planned, especially if the table(s) were already packed. It ruins the whole dining experience imo to have people tripping over extra chairs around me.

PLUS…you have NO idea where they’d seat you and for all you know there could be a table w/ a highchair, stroller, wheelchair, etc near you making it all that more tight and smooshed.

you can go online…I believe put in your reservation and see if ity will allow it to be changed …also try to book a separate reservation for the new amount and then cancel the old one…online system seems to be working just fine