Oh. My. Goodness

You people on MB tipped me right over the edge. And soooo…

I booked a trip for March! DVC found us a nice woods view room at WLV and I am about to run upstairs and pack my bags!

Can I get a Woot Woot???

:heart::wub::heart::wub::heart::wub::heart:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1127454]You people on MB tipped me right over the edge. And soooo…

I booked a trip for March! DVC found us a nice woods view room at WLV and I am about to run upstairs and pack my bags!

Can I get a Woot Woot???

:heart::wub::heart::wub::heart::wub::heart:[/QUOTE]

Yay…errr Woot woot…:laugh:

I am so jealous of those who can go more often than we can…every 3-4 years it seems…

I probably COULD go more often if I were to go by myself…

Have fun planning…does having DVC make it easier to get there?

Yay! oops, sorry…woot, woot!!! How terrific and something wonderful to look forward to! Have a fantastic time!:happy:

WOOT, WOOT, WOOT, WOOT, WOOT!!! Can’t wait to hear how VWL is from your prospective, as we are staying there for the first time this up coming October.

And, yes Smallworld, DVC is a wonderful Disney tool to get there more often. They offer $150 off the annual pass, so it makes sense to buy an AP instead of say a 6 day park hopper. Then when you have the cost of tickets already covered, and you don’t have to come up with funds to pay for the room, all you have left is transportation and food. And I can make food very cheap with eating in the room if I’m low on funds. So, always looking for cheap airfare to make it happen sooner better than later. (This new job thing has put a kink in my planning though as I’ve gone from 4 weeks vacation and 6 personal days to zero for now, and one week after March. I will be going through withdrawal!

Truth is, smallworld, that we couldn’t afford to go very often without DVC. It makes the frequent trips well within reach, and the best part is – when you check out of your room, there is ZERO bill to pay. Just a small payment each month that we really don’t even notice because it comes right out of the bank account. Nice!

I really kick myself in the butt everytime I think of what we could have bought into DVC for when they first introduced the program. Had I known I would a) love going to WDW so much, and B) was going to leave the job that was sending me every year, I would have jumped on it.

Oh well, hindsight really is 20/20!

Enjoy and take lots of pictures for the rest of us.

-Harry

$150 off the AP? Is this new? I thought it was $100 off…but then, I never really pay attention when dh is paying… if it IS new this is going to be my new bargaining tool!:laugh: I’m dying to stay at the VWL again - I absolutely fell in love with it when we were there - it was only 2 nights - not long enough!

It got increased to $150 from $100 when they made that huge AP increase about a year ago. That increase in discount kind of protected DVC members from the ticket price increases.

UPDATE – please read this if you are DVC. Maybe everyone already knows this, but I just discovered it about 20 minutes ago. DVC is offering $399 PREMIUM annual passes – but you have to order them by midnight tonight! You can pick them up and activate them any time before December 31, 2013, but you must buy them tonight!

I stumbled on the news as I was googling “DVC annual pass renewal” and the info popped up on another Disney board. I went to DVC and used the DVC portal to the Disney Ticket Store, and sure enough, there it is, for any DVC members to buy!

I got two. I am about to have a heart attack about the savings, feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

How is it possible that this happened just hours before the deadline? So happy.

Aha. Excellent. (rubbing hands together)

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1127466]UPDATE – please read this if you are DVC. Maybe everyone already knows this, but I just discovered it about 20 minutes ago. DVC is offering $399 PREMIUM annual passes – but you have to order them by midnight tonight! You can pick them up and activate them any time before December 31, 2013, but you must buy them tonight!

I stumbled on the news as I was googling “DVC annual pass renewal” and the info popped up on another Disney board. I went to DVC and used the DVC portal to the Disney Ticket Store, and sure enough, there it is, for any DVC members to buy!

I got two. I am about to have a heart attack about the savings, feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

How is it possible that this happened just hours before the deadline? So happy.[/QUOTE]

Kirby - thank you so much for posting this - after an hour trying to figure out how to get into the DVC site (I hate that site) and THEN trying to find the Ticket Store - we got them! Neil thinks the golf perk is great! And now we’re thinking of going in Sept! Yay!

Yay for both of you!!! Honestly I forgot about that deal even though I did take advantage of it when I renewed my AP while I was at Disney this past October. Didn’t get to take advantage of everything as my current AP didn’t expire until November so The PAP wouldn’t work until then.

Yay, llamarama! It’s just CRAZY to think about how this came down!!!

It’s unbelievable! $300 savings! That’s just crazy talk!:happy:

Two topics here…

DVC
Annual Passes

DVC is definitely the way to go. We joined in 2008 and have been able to go to WDW at least twice a year. This year was 3 times! So nice at the end of your trip when your bill is slipped under your door and there are only purchases charged to your room on it.

Right now we are only planning on a family vacation in September of 2013. But may slide in a short trip earlier in the year. For September airline tickets for 5 already purchased at $179 each, room already reserved with DVC points, annual passes purchased at the special price. Only thing left is to add the dining plan. Had it not been for the DVC points and the special for the APs, we would not have been so far along.

Love DVC!!!

So it sounds like…for DVC members you pay monthly payments for your Disney vacations? I have a friend who goes every year and pays x dollars a month for her points…is that right? Maybe this isn’t the forum for this conversation…

We investigated this years ago when it first started at WDW…my DH is a CPA and calculates everything at all angles and didn’t like the process and rules so we didn’t go with it…I understand that things have changed with it now though…it doesn’t work exactly the same way as DVC did when it first started…and it’s not a time share right?

It is a timeshare but works so much easier because you aren’t tied down to a specific week. You can go any time you want. It’s just a matter of how many points you have and how you use them. As far as monthly payments, those are probably maintenance fees (which every timeshare has). Some choose to pay monthly and some annually. Me, I choose annually. I have $50 per paycheck deposited into my Disney savings account. Then when maintenance fees are due I charge it on my Disney Visa to get Disney reward dollars (which annually goes towards paying for my annual pass) and then take money out of my Disney account to pay off the Visa. I then still have leftover money to go towards my trip. Works for me!

Mousebuzz does have a DVC forum with lots of good info, so check it out.

Basically, how it works is that you have one balloon payment up front, then a very small monthly payment for the life of the membership. DVC is unique in that it does end (ours ends in 2042) – some, like Marriott, go on forever. That is one of those good/bad things you have to decide whether you want. We liked that there was an end.
Anyway, you choose how many points to buy (200 points a year for us has been good for a couple of trips during the regular season, or one megatrip during high season in a great room with some points left over for the next year!).
You can finance your balloon payment, or pay it up front in cash.
Your contract is tied to your “home” resort, which you can book 11 months out. All other resorts can be booked 7 months out.
There are a lot of discounts that go with being a DVC member, including activities like golf (35% discount now!), annual passes, food, etc.
You can also trade out your points for a trip to someplace off property (think Europe, Hawaii, the Caribbean…)
It’s just really nice and affordable. Love it so much.

Thank you for the explanation…this sounds like a good plan you have! perhaps when grankids come along I can convince my DH to investigate this further! I would love to feel like I can go to WDW at least once a year.

The other problem is that we love POFQ…that may change when we have a bigger family though…

[QUOTE=smallworld;1127507]Thank you for the explanation…this sounds like a good plan you have! perhaps when grankids come along I can convince my DH to investigate this further! I would love to feel like I can go to WDW at least once a year.

The other problem is that we love POFQ…that may change when we have a bigger family though…[/QUOTE]

We’ve had DVC since 2000. Without it there is no way we could get to WDW as often as we do. Everyone has to buy for their own reasons. It has to work for you. Don’t worry about leaving POFQ. Once you’ve experienced some DVC properties you’ll be hooked. All DVC properties are deluxe level and, as they say, “there’s something for everyone”.