Oh No!

I will be going to Disneyland for the 1st time EVER at 24 years old in April! Super excited! I’ve been dreaming about this since I can remember.
Anyways, I just saw on the official website that the Matterhorn will be closed…am I really missing out on anything?

I’m really sad about this :frown:

It’s jerky, it’s low tech… it’s too bad that you’ll miss it only in the sense that it’s unique to Disneyland… but I have to go with “you’ll live”. In the nicest possible way. :biggrin:

Welcome to MouseBuzz!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1024302]It’s jerky, it’s low tech… it’s too bad that you’ll miss it only in the sense that it’s unique to Disneyland… but I have to go with “you’ll live”. In the nicest possible way. :biggrin:

Welcome to MouseBuzz![/QUOTE]

Actually, a lot of the work that is going on right now and in April during its refurbishment is to make things smoother, amongst other things, but the jerkyness is one of the things that make it unique :smile:

You won’t be missing out really, it’s a great attraction but there are so many other awesome attractions that it will be A-Okay. You can still get some great pictures of it and look at it :smile:. It will be open some of April, when are you going?

Thanks that made me feel better. I will be going on April 13th. I’m hoping that the Spring Break and Easter crowds will be done with Disneyland until the Summer season…
I’m praying for low crowds…

[QUOTE=BigKidBen;1024305]Thanks that made me feel better. I will be going on April 13th. I’m hoping that the Spring Break and Easter crowds will be done with Disneyland until the Summer season…
I’m praying for low crowds…[/QUOTE]

Id say you wont have extremely low crowds, but going on a Tuesday as opposed to a Saturday will help out.

the matterhorn is a classic the first tubular roller coaster herky ,jerky but fun…better at night…is it the techno marvel some of the newer rides are NO ,but it is still,always on my list to do several times when I am there…

[QUOTE=BigKidBen;1024299]I will be going to Disneyland for the 1st time EVER at 24 years old in April! Super excited! I’ve been dreaming about this since I can remember.
Anyways, I just saw on the official website that the Matterhorn will be closed…am I really missing out on anything?

I’m really sad about this :frown:[/QUOTE]

It wouldn’t be a horrible loss if they do happen to be down when you are there, they’re fun but definitely not something that would ruin the experience if you missed.

When exactly are you going? According to the site i’m looking at it shows 2 different dates of it being closed, first being april 12-16th and then again april 19th-23. this isn’t from the official site but if your staying for a few days you may be able to catch it.