Oh, the anticipa-ation!

Ok, Share in my excitement with me. 3 days until I can tell my secret! I will give you a craziness pre trip report and then when we get back, I’ll give you the rest of what we did…

Here is who is going

Memommy (my Mom, and much loved grandmother, AKA the biggest kids in the family)
Nangy (pronounced like tangy, but with an N)- My Dad, and much love grandfather

Me
My DH an accountant who really cannot take time off this time of year-(who secretly appreciates Disney, but does not love it like I do)
My DD, 12 -who we will call tinker bell
My DS, 9- who really loves Disney, but we will call him Mr. Football because he loves that too
MY, DS, who is 10 months (yes, there is a huge gap), who we will call Boo Boo because that is his nickname. It is his first trip!

Here is how it started…

About 5 months ago, I was talking long and hard to my Dad about going to WDW and how the kids really wanted to go, but I was not taking a baby during the summer. He said, well let’s go in March. So, we started planning in secret. Almost daily we listen to Disney music on the computer- so that gives me a good chance to ask the kids about favorite rides, restaurants, parks,etc…

I got all my questions answered, and we made the following plans:

Memommy and Nangy are on a cruise this week, and will be getting back on Thursday. Kids think it is Friday. We will pick them up from school and tell them that Mom and Dad have had car trouble and that we have to go pick them up- in Florida. We are going to already have their bags packed (they think that they are going to the grandparents for the week, so they can help me pack). We will get in the car and drive to WDW- and they will figure it out somewhere on the road. We bought shirts that say, “I’m going to Disney World”. So, I will give them to them on the way.

Friday night we are at All Star Sports because that is Mr. Football’s dream resort. We have never stayed there, and while it will be crowded with my very tall husband, it is only one night.

Saturday, we are getting up late, touring the resort and just hanging out. Then we will go check into the POR (free dining available here). From here, the boys will go to play golf (pray for sunshine), and the girls and the baby are going to tea at the GF, then shopping somewhere. We will have had a chance to recover from driving, staying up late, etc to get ready for the parks. We hope to eat dinner at Beaches and Cream, but we will see how time goes for the golfers.

Here are the ADR’s:
CP- Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
Via Napoli
Tusker House
Sci Fi
50’s Prime time
La Hacienda de San ANgel
The Plaza
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Chef Mickey’s

Ok, now for the rest of this week, I have to get a major bedroom installed-lots of pieces and parts to this (I’m an interior designer), get the sitter for the baby, get the car ready to go (oil change, car wash), pack for 5 people, get the house cleaned (a 3 day job in itself). and do laundry. (I think that in my next life I would come back as a laundry fairy- Disney can make that a great movie)…

Oh yeah, and I have not packed a thing… AHHHH

That is ok, because I am not sleeping after tonight- I think…

What am I forgetting? Talk to you when we get back!

Yeaaaa! SO excited for you. I hope you capture the kids’ faces on camera when they figure things out! Have a magical trip!

Everything will get done…somehow! Have a fun and safe trip!
Your dining ressies look great by the way.

I love your devious plans :laugh:
The kids are going to be so thrilled.
Say, you have 3 kids and you work? You NEED to get a housekeeper.

Yep! Well, I work part time *which is when the baby is asleep or night). Housework never seems to get done all the way.

That would have been my “year of a million dreams” dream.

Love surprise trips… yay!

That is awesome! I can’t wait to read a TR!

I will fill you in on the TR when I get back. Lets hope that the daughter has not figured it out yet… I will find out!

It sounds great! How long are you staying?

Well the installation went ok on the bedroom. I had 3 window treatments installed, one picture hung, 6 pieces of furniture installed, and a bed totally redressed, and the dust ruffle put on. I was there for 6 hours… ugh the delivery guys made a mistake on the time so we had to wait on them… All this, and I had to take my baby, because I had a baby sitter issue. It was a long day. That, and I didn’t eat anything, so I had a headache the size of the big ball at Epcot. Ok, now. I have to clean this house-which is the size of 3 houses, and pack. Hope I sleep tonight. Seriously. Tomorrow I have to get the oil changed and get the car washed. Have a program at school, and pick the kids up at three. All this with a 10 month old. Call me crazy! I need about 2 clones right now!

oh yeah, and I am on here waiting on my children to get to bad, and to start to pack.

Good luck - don’t wear yourself too thin, you will be too tired for the first few days of your vacation!

Yikes. Stop. like the Fairygodmother said, you are wearing yourself out. Can’t Merry Maids help you out? I don’t think that I have cleaned my house once in the last 15 years. No, it’s not dirty :laugh:

Have a great trip with non existing lines and lots of warm, sunny weather

[QUOTE=hanwill;1103130]Ok, Share in my excitement with me. 3 days until I can tell my secret! I will give you a craziness pre trip report and then when we get back, I’ll give you the rest of what we did…

Here is who is going

Memommy (my Mom, and much loved grandmother, AKA the biggest kids in the family)
Nangy (pronounced like tangy, but with an N)- My Dad, and much love grandfather

Me
My DH an accountant who really cannot take time off this time of year-(who secretly appreciates Disney, but does not love it like I do)
My DD, 12 -who we will call tinker bell
My DS, 9- who really loves Disney, but we will call him Mr. Football because he loves that too
MY, DS, who is 10 months (yes, there is a huge gap), who we will call Boo Boo because that is his nickname. It is his first trip!

Here is how it started…

About 5 months ago, I was talking long and hard to my Dad about going to WDW and how the kids really wanted to go, but I was not taking a baby during the summer. He said, well let’s go in March. So, we started planning in secret. Almost daily we listen to Disney music on the computer- so that gives me a good chance to ask the kids about favorite rides, restaurants, parks,etc…

I got all my questions answered, and we made the following plans:

Memommy and Nangy are on a cruise this week, and will be getting back on Thursday. Kids think it is Friday. We will pick them up from school and tell them that Mom and Dad have had car trouble and that we have to go pick them up- in Florida. We are going to already have their bags packed (they think that they are going to the grandparents for the week, so they can help me pack). We will get in the car and drive to WDW- and they will figure it out somewhere on the road. We bought shirts that say, “I’m going to Disney World”. So, I will give them to them on the way.

Friday night we are at All Star Sports because that is Mr. Football’s dream resort. We have never stayed there, and while it will be crowded with my very tall husband, it is only one night.

Saturday, we are getting up late, touring the resort and just hanging out. Then we will go check into the POR (free dining available here). From here, the boys will go to play golf (pray for sunshine), and the girls and the baby are going to tea at the GF, then shopping somewhere. We will have had a chance to recover from driving, staying up late, etc to get ready for the parks. We hope to eat dinner at Beaches and Cream, but we will see how time goes for the golfers.

Here are the ADR’s:
CP- Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
Via Napoli
Tusker House
Sci Fi
50’s Prime time
La Hacienda de San ANgel
The Plaza
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Chef Mickey’s

Ok, now for the rest of this week, I have to get a major bedroom installed-lots of pieces and parts to this (I’m an interior designer), get the sitter for the baby, get the car ready to go (oil change, car wash), pack for 5 people, get the house cleaned (a 3 day job in itself). and do laundry. (I think that in my next life I would come back as a laundry fairy- Disney can make that a great movie)…

Oh yeah, and I have not packed a thing… AHHHH

That is ok, because I am not sleeping after tonight- I think…

What am I forgetting? Talk to you when we get back![/QUOTE]

Aww that is so exciting for the kids!! My cousins were surprised one morning with a WDW trip… rather than going to school they jumped on a plane to Florida!
The best part about it for one of them is he had a detention in school that day!! :laugh:

Hey super woman…take a deep breath, leave the house dirty and enjoy!!! Have a wonderful trip!

Have a wonderful time. I have faith that everything will get done.

i can;t wait to read your trip report!!!

I cannot wait either to read the TR… Have fun!!

I love surprise trips! It’s the best way to go!
I also love the pre-trip madness, but maybe thats because I don’t have a 10month old lol!

Have a great trip!