Ohana Breakfast

How was it? How did you like it?

I [SIZE=“6”][COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]LOVED [SIZE=“3”][COLOR=“Magenta”]It!!! I think about that place every single day… The food was awesome and the entertaimmnet was great… I cant wait to do back!!!:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I’m interested too in how my fellow mbers liked it for breakfast…you hear alot about dinner (which is awesome…) maybe we’ll try it in the morning next time!

The pineapple breakfast bread is great!!!

I need the recipe… I want some now!!!:eek:

Did you know that the breakfast bread they serve is what they use to make Ohana Bread Pudding dessert?!?!?!?!!?!:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Breakfast Bread Recipe

Yield 1 - 9" x 13" cake pan

Ingredients

1 3/4 C. Water
1 Egg Yolk
2 T. Shortening
4 1/2 C. High Gluten Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 C Sugar
1 T. Instant Yeast

Coconut Mixture

1 C. Crushed pineapple
1 C. Unsweetened coconut
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Cornstarch

Pinapple/Coconut Method

1. Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.

2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.

3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.

4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Bread Method

1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until
    dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.

2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.

3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.

4. Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.

5. Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.

6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.

7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) - about half way up the pan.

8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

9. Let bread cool, cut and serve.

Oh my!! Did I ever tell u that I :heart: U??? Well if not I do!!! I cant wait to get home tonight and start cooking!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Why thank you! You never hear that enough!

I just posted in your other thread about where to eat…if you like this bread, you will love the bread pudding for dinner!

Let me know how it turns out!

Jen, I went there in January 05 while staying at the Polynesian. I absolutely loved their breakfast. The character interaction that we experienced there that morning was by far the best of the trip. We also had the first seating of the day and had the restaurant to ourselves along with another family. This was before the character changes however, so I am not sure if it’s as slow now that stitch and lilo are in the character line-up.

I found the food to be very average, but like Dana said, the character interaction was the best I’ve ever encountered at a character meal.

Stitch definitely lives up to his reputation. At one point he took a spoonful of butter and shoved it in my mouth. :blow: :laugh:

First off, there are no changes… Mickey just has to give Pluto a treat for being a good boy. Usually it’s the opposite for stitch…

In anycase, Don’t get the ohana character dinning mixed with the Luau dinner show (which is twice as expensive).

Personally, if you can get into chef Mickey’s, I would do that over Ohana. there are more characters and more fun. You got twice the fun as stitch with chip and dale around. Plus I just wasn’t found of the platter of food at the table, it seems like you have more of a variety at a buffet, and you take as much as you want, instead of having a heaping platter of sausage that won’t get eaten.

Don’t leave coffee at the table or sippy cups around.

I guess it’s fun if you like lilo and stitch, but I was really disappointed when I went to it, and they were there instead of chip and dale.

Im actually at work tonight till 11 so I may need to try this on the weekends… I will def post some reactions…

Well we booked it! So we are all set, LOL! Thanks for the recipe, I think I will try it this weekend!

We liked it! This past trip Stitch and Lilo were there and we had the first seating of the day, but the charaters were just so, so with our kids. It was a very dark and rainy morning so I don’t know if that had anything to do with their mood. The food was good. I think we would go there again if the kids wanted to. :happy:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :ph34r: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, there was a change. When I was there in 05 stitch wasn’t there yet. It was goofy, mickey and chip and dale.

I’ve been at WDW for the past two weeks. We just left yesterday :frowning: but before we departed we saved O’Hana’s breakfast for last. We definitely saved the best for last. The service was absolutely amazing…thank you Cast Member Romeo and the food was excellent.

I’m glad you booked it Jen! We love the breakfast! Stitch is great, the food is great, the Poly is great…what’s not to love?:heart: