Ohana for Breakfast or Dinner

I am inclined to go with Dinner but I wanted to see what the thoughts were on here. Thanks folks!!

Breakfast is great, and it is a great character meal. One of my daughter’s favorites. However, for a great meal, pick dinner for sure. Hit the bar and have one of the alcohol filled pineapples before going to the table and pigging out on some of the greatest meats in Disney. It is served like a Brazilian steak restaurant, fantastic and more food than you can handle. If you are on the dining plan, for sure the dinner is the best by far.

We do Kona for breakfast and Ohana for dinner.

[QUOTE=cjtownman;1091274]Breakfast is great, and it is a great character meal. One of my daughter’s favorites. However, for a great meal, pick dinner for sure. Hit the bar and have one of the alcohol filled pineapples before going to the table and pigging out on some of the greatest meats in Disney. It is served like a Brazilian steak restaurant, fantastic and more food than you can handle. If you are on the dining plan, for sure the dinner is the best by far.

We do Kona for breakfast and Ohana for dinner.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that’s exactly what I needed to hear.

We’ve never been to the breakfast but dinner is one of our favorites! The bread pudding with bananas foster is OMG AWESOME!! So be sure to save room for dessert!

I’m not big into character meals, but I met a couple of MBr’s here one year for breakfast - I thought it was terrific. It was served “family style” which we prefer to the buffets. The food was good and plentiful. The characters at that time were Lilo, Stitch and I think Pluto - good fun.

My personal choice would be breakfast, because I find the “meat fest” at dinner too overwhelming. I simply don’t eat enough to justify the price and I always leave feeling a little :blow: (even my dh found it too much). I did like the bread and the noodles…

I TOTALLY agree!!! The dinner is wonderful. I have been there for breakfast once and it was good. Dinner is great though. I love the atmosphere and the chicken wings but better than that, the dessert!! YUM!!!

[QUOTE=llama;1091295]

My personal choice would be breakfast, because I find the “meat fest” at dinner too overwhelming…[/QUOTE]

This made me chuckle… when anyone asks my DD what her favorite food is, she says “MEAT”.

We LOVE the dinner at 'Ohana’s. In fact, that is the only restaurant that my DH makes sure we eat at every trip. We have done breakfast there also, and I liked it, but not something I have to go back to every trip. I would definetly recommend dinner there.

I’m going to be the contrarian here.
I am not a fan of 'Ohana and of course you all know I’ve said so in the past.
Something that Llama likes most, I prefer least. I am no fan of family style service and prefer a buffet where I can select my portions and choices and feel less guilt if there is any left over food. Also, the range of selections at the family style restaurants ('Ohana, Garden Grill) is very limited when compared to the buffets (CP, CM, 1900 Park Fare).

And I’d love to try breakfast with Stitch! It’s just I MUST have my omelet my way and that’s not on the menu at all at 'Ohana.
Dinner is similar, but here it’s more the wife that doesn’t appreciate the spicing of the meats and I don’t care at all for bread pudding and bananas foster.

Yes, I have eaten dinner at 'Ohana, and it was enjoyable mostly for the company (an MB meet and greet). It just wasn’t what I prefer.

I am not saying 'Ohana is lousy and that you should avoid it, far from it.
I am just saying that 'Ohana isn’t for everyone and is better enjoyed with a very big group and not by a party of 2 or even a party of 4.

Mmmmmm, Meat
Hands down my favorite meal at WDW

Thank you for all of the feedback.

Is dinner fun for the kids even though it isn’t a character thing? I don’t want to over do the character dining, but I do want the meals to be fun and exciting.

My DD’s like going to dinner there also. They teach the kids to hula dance, and they get to use instruments, etc. Your kids will have fun.

I agree with NJMommy, your kids will have fun at dinner and you’ll enjoy the food and the dessert.

We have only ever had breakfast there, and always found it a very enjoyable experience. But after reading the dinner reviews I am sure we will be adding this to our list for next trip.

We are doing Ohana for the first time in November. I was pondered a change, but I think we will stay with this one. :smile:

FWIW - Kona Cafe is a pretty good too.

Never had breakfast (we aren’t HUGE breakfast people) but LOVE dinner! I’m pretty sad we aren’t eating there this trip.

Ohana was a first for us this year and it will definitely be a must for the next time that we are fortunate enough to go. We had the dinner and thought it was fantastic! I’m not big on their desert either, but that’s ok, I just didn’t save room for it. :tongue:

Yes, there is kid involvment and they will have a great time!