Ohana or Kona Cafe, which is better?

Going in Dec. with my best friend for a girls week and have never been to either restaurant. I have heard that both are good, so how do I decide? I only have time for one of them.

Can you offer your preferences and why?

for a family, I would choose Ohana. For girls, definitely Kona. it is relatively quiet, everyone orders off the menu, the drinks are awesome, the coffee and desserts divine. Perfect chick place…

we’re trying Kona for the first time this trip, but still doing Ohana. I LOVE Ohana.

B, L or D? Oh who am I kidding we luv Kona. Kona kones and Tonga Toast. And NO STITCH :slight_smile:

100% agree!!

It depends on the chicks!

If they are a little more goofy and fun-loving, then I would go with Ohana. If you’d prefer to have a more peaceful evening of conversation, then I would go with Kona.
Love the scallops at Kona, by the way… and at Kona, you can order sushi from the sushi bar next door.

After reading all your suggestions it sounds like I would love to merge Ohana’s Fun and food with Kona’s desserts. Oh well you can’t have everything you want. Still deciding - will let you know what I decide and also what it was like when I return.

You really can’t go wrong with either. I go every year with my good friend and we have done both. The food is great at both places. It really depends on : do you want a more peaceful dinner, then Kona, or a fun time kinda place , then Ohanna.

I’m going in Dec.too for a girls trip…no husbands/kids! Yippie!! We picked Kona as one of our ADR’s. Yummy steaks, great desserts. I might pick O’Hana if I were doing the family thing, but I think Kona is the way to go for just the two of you. Have fun!

Both are an awesome choice, but for a girls’ trip I would recommend Kona. The food is just spectacular - literally some of the best meals I’ve ever eaten, anywhere - and while it’s not as rambunctious as 'Ohana, it’s still a great atmosphere. (Especially if you catch it on an evening when there is a performer in the Poly lobby!)

Kona is my favorite restaurant ever! I can’t rave enough about it. :wub:

We’ve done the Ohana breakfast with the family, and the kids LOVED it!!

Thanks, I originally had an ADR for Ohana’s but I just made a second one for Kona & I am leaning towards cancelling Ohana and trying it next trip instead. The desserts are really swaying me, espexially the pictures I have found on line.

Both are great, but Ohana is my favorite. Although it is going to be difficult for you to get reservations for December at Ohana now!

I’m not really a Ohana fan…the atmosphere is nice, but there is so much food - it’s almost to the point of making you ill.

We love Kona. It’s laid back and relaxed and although we’ve only had breakfast there - I’m sure the food is just as good at dinner - and you’ll probably have no problem getting an ADR.

There is a lot of food at Ohana. It is a meat lovers dream! Don’t worry you can’t go wrong with Ohana or Kona!

The desert at Ohana’s in nothing to snuff at either!! It is amazing! Yum!

It’s sort of hard to choose…they are two different animals. For the first time I’d choose Ohana. It’s an experience and lots of fun. Don’t get me wrong Kona is amazzzzzzzzingggg.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;999950]The desert at Ohana’s in nothing to snuff at either!! It is amazing! Yum!

It’s sort of hard to choose…they are two different animals. For the first time I’d choose Ohana. It’s an experience and lots of fun. Don’t get me wrong Kona is amazzzzzzzzingggg.[/QUOTE]

I agree: you can’t go wrong with either one. Personally, I am a huge fan of the dessert at 'Ohana. It’s worth saving room for.

But Polynesian drinks and sushi? Now you’re talking my language. I have tried to go to Kona’s on several occasions and something has come up each time. It is still on my list. Perhaps this January?

Although we enjoy both, my vote goes with Kona. We love the fact we can order sushi and the Tuna Oscar Entree is fantastic. The Teriyaki Steak is one of the best steaks on the property according to all 3 son’s opinions. The bread and macadamia nut butter at Kona is just plain yummy!:wub:

I have to agree with Llama about Ohana, frankly too much meat for me. But we love the dessert there too…Ohana Bread Pudding…no words, just:wub:

The food is great at both but I would say Kona. We love there sushi and the kona kone is great too!

Oh, and my other favorite thing about Kona is that it’s relatively easy to get an ADR…we’ve even walked up on several occasions and never been turned away! I hope it stays like that, but I’m worried it’s eventually going to be discovered by even bigger masses. It’s that yummy. :heart: