Ohana

We will be @ WDW 3/15 - -3/22 and really wanted to try Ohana for dinner and couldn’t get a reservation. Does anyone hve any suggestions? Is it possible to get in without reservations or is this place too popular? Also, has anyone out there enjoyed eaten @ Grand Floridian Cafe? We like to take a little break from the parks by dining @ a nearby resort. Any suggestions? We have never tried 1900 Park Fare and I hesitated because my kids wouldn’t enjoy the character interactions. Any tips for a good place @ a resort in the MK area would be appreciated.

GFC is supposed to be very good! We will be having dinner there our next trip.

Ohana is fabulous, and everyone knows it, and so it books fast. In December, we went to Poly early to try and beat the dinner rush and see if we could get a table without ADRS, and they sid that they had ressies all night and there would be no way to get in.

We ended up at Kona Cafe, and it was delicious! The scallops were excellent.

We were there in June, and went right when it opened. There were a lot of early no shows, so we were able to get a table. Hope you are able to get in!

For the time of year you are going, it doesn’t seem favorable that an opening at Ohana’s will come up. You can always walk up before opening around 430pm and see if they can sit you as soon as they open. Spring Break time is busy time.

You still have a little time to keep calling.

Be sure to call the morning you want to dine there, because some people actually cancel their ressies the night before or first thing in the morning once they see what their plans will be. We always try to cancel so other people can grab our table.

That’s what we did in Sept. We were told it might be a 45 min wait, but it
turned out to be 10 at the most. Of course we did end up eating dinner before 5 but we had skipped lunch hoping to get in.

A couple of years ago, we went without an ADR at Ohanas. We got there about a half hour before they opened, and put our name in. There were a lot of no-shows, and were we were able to get in. It is a crap shoot, but if your willing to hang around early, there is a good chance you can get in.

If you can’t get in Ohana, try Kona Cafe. It’s practically right beside Ohana and it is fantastic too.

I highly suggest showing up at 'Ohana when they first open for dinner. Chances are, they will be able to seat you shortly after. :happy:

'Ohana is extremely popular, but we do sometimes get reports of people walking up when they first open and being able to get a table. I’d think it’s also possible if you go closer to closing time.

Me? I don’t go anywhere in WDW without a reservation. I just don’t want to wait a very long time or to be turned away altogether and then have to change plans on the fly.

My boys and I are going to Disney 3/4-3/9 and had no trouble getting breakfast at Ohana so you may try that route. We are also going to Eat at Boma’s in AKL because I have heard it is great! I hope so and will let you all know.

Jen

[QUOTE=Soundgod;932403]'Ohana is extremely popular, but we do sometimes get reports of people walking up when they first open and being able to get a table. I’d think it’s also possible if you go closer to closing time.

Me? I don’t go anywhere in WDW without a reservation. I just don’t want to wait a very long time or to be turned away altogether and then have to change plans on the fly.[/QUOTE]

I agree. We had to cancel our January trip and were then stuck scrambling to get reservations for mid-March. I am going to keep calling to check for openings. I hate flying by the seat of my pants. We are not doing park-hoppers this time so our park touring and dining are definitely tied together this trip.

Disfreak, I must admit I’ve never had single park tickets, even for my first visit, so after all this time, it’s almost impossible for me to plan one park/one day. That and the whole fireworks obsession of mine. (Love that monorail)

I have ever been there, but would love to try it.:smile:

Hope you get in if you go at opening.

As for 1900 Park Fare, we’ve been for both breakfast and dinner. We loved both!! In the morning they have Alice in Wonderland characters and in the evening it is Cinderella and Prince Charming characters.

it will be busy but as long as you are prepared to wait for a table they will usually find a way to seat you. It is worth the wait too! We love this restaurant!

WE had breakfast at the GF Cafe’ and really enjoyed the surroundings, the service and the food was great.
When you look at the reviews on allearsnet.com, you’ll see it has a near perfect rating

The best chance of eating at Ohana with no ADR is to get there when they first open for dinner(4:30.)Good luck!

Were you able to get an Ohana Reservation? I have one set up for my DD & DS & friends (school trip) and it looks like they probably won’t be able to use it due to timing of workshops, parades, assigned parks, etc. Let me know if you’re interested!

GFC is excellent. Been there for lunch twice, both times amazing, the food and service!