Ohana's ... Cant get a table!

I have been trying for weeks to get a table for 5, Aug 16th, for dinner. I am hoping some pixie dust falls upon me and an opening appears for that night…between 5:30-6pm.

Please send pixie dust!

If you do not get something before you leave for your trip, be sure to call each day while you are there. We have done that and had GREAT success. They are always getting cancellations, and no shows. Good luck!

5:30 and 6:00 are prime times for dinner. Would you consider eating later? We made a last minute ADR and was able to get in but we don’t mind eating late. You can always watch and hear Wishes from the restaurant which is really nice.

Yes, I was going to suggest the same thing, try changing your time. We usually have good luck when we do that.

Keep trying, as things always open up. We also did a walk-up when they first opened and was able to get seated with a reservation. granted it was for 2 of us and not 5, but worth a shot. We have found that most restaurants can absorb people walking up when they first open.

I think they open at 5, you could try walking up right at when they open, even get there a few minutes before they open. It would take a little time out of your schedule but it’s worth it if you really want to eat there. I think you could get in to Kona next door of you are turned away at 5 so it wouldn’t be a total waste.

The late seating we could get was for 9:45pm too late. Really too late for my 6 yr old. We did get a 6:45pm at Kona’s for that night. We were willing to cancel that if we could get Ohana’s. When I called back we were offered 5:10pm at kona’s but that was a little too early. It is sometimes hard to plan when you dont know exactly what park you will be at or if you will be at the pool and when you will feel like eatting.

If we are around the hotel and hungry around 5pm maybe we will stop by and see if they could squeeze us in. We will see.

[QUOTE=CaraMia;852231]The late seating we could get was for 9:45pm too late. Really too late for my 6 yr old. We did get a 6:45pm at Kona’s for that night. We were willing to cancel that if we could get Ohana’s. When I called back we were offered 5:10pm at kona’s but that was a little too early. It is sometimes hard to plan when you dont know exactly what park you will be at or if you will be at the pool and when you will feel like eatting.

If we are around the hotel and hungry around 5pm maybe we will stop by and see if they could squeeze us in. We will see.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, 9:45 with a 6 year old is out of the question. I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys. But, if it doesn’t work out, I know you will love Kona! :happy:

Good luck with that. I called last night trying to get a table for a breakfsat there at the end of august and it’s booked solid.

When I was there for Memorial Day we were there at 5 on the dot and people were walking right up and getting in with no problem.

That’s the difference between going the last week of May and the beginning of August…it’s twice the crowds even with factoring in memorial day. I would not bank on a walk-up anywhere any time from July - Labor day…sure, you may get lucky, but I would not bet the farm on it.

The biggest problem I see is that you are wanting a table for 5. Have you checked to see if you could split to a 2 and 3 table?

We were debating whether to make a reservation for Kona’s for our last morning at WDW. I didnt think we would need one…but went ahead and made it anyway for 8:30am that Sunday morning (Aug 17th). After hearing that you could not get a table for breakfest I am glad I decided to make that reservation after all.

I also tried to get a noon reservation at Sci-fi. The closest I could get was 1:40pm. I am not even sure we will still be at the park at that time but just in case I went ahead and got the table. If it seems like we arent going to keep it we will definitely stop by the restaurant and cancel on our way out of the park. Sometimes it is so hard to plan ahead when you know you will be hopping from park to park. This trip we are letting ds navigate so we could be at MGM from 8-11am then off to the next park. Whatever he wants…this is the first trip to WDW where he will be without his cousins (he is an only child so we normally go with relatives so he has other kids to hang out with) so he gets to do what HE wants to do

I have been calling every few days to see if anything has opened up at Ohana’s, Sci-fi and Le Cellier.

[QUOTE=CaraMia;852591]We were debating whether to make a reservation for Kona’s for our last morning at WDW. I didnt think we would need one…but went ahead and made it anyway for 8:30am that Sunday morning (Aug 17th). After hearing that you could not get a table for breakfest I am glad I decided to make that reservation after all.

I also tried to get a noon reservation at Sci-fi. The closest I could get was 1:40pm. I am not even sure we will still be at the park at that time but just in case I went ahead and got the table. If it seems like we arent going to keep it we will definitely stop by the restaurant and cancel on our way out of the park. Sometimes it is so hard to plan ahead when you know you will be hopping from park to park. This trip we are letting ds navigate so we could be at MGM from 8-11am then off to the next park. Whatever he wants…this is the first trip to WDW where he will be without his cousins (he is an only child so we normally go with relatives so he has other kids to hang out with) so he gets to do what HE wants to do

I have been calling every few days to see if anything has opened up at Ohana’s, Sci-fi and Le Cellier.[/QUOTE]

Just keep trying…even when you get down there keep trying. People cancel all the time and you may just get lucky. I couldn’t get into Tusker House for donald’s breakfast either. There truely is nothing left to get. The Free dining starts the day I arrive, so that isn’t helping matters.

Again just keep trying. A few weeks ago we decided we wanted to add ohana for our mid to late sept trip. We tried a least once a day over the course of a few weeks and always got the 9:30 ish slot. We’re not six yrs old but that still too late for dinner for us. It got to the point when the CM said “hmmm the only opening we have is…”, I would jump in with “9:30”. And we were looking at 5 different evening. But one day I called and the answer was “we have a 5:15 on the sept 16”…that was our first choice of days. It was almost like did I hear you right??? So try, try again.

Keep trying !!! It is well worth it!! I was lucky to reserve tables 180 days out. We had reservations for 5:30 PM, but arrived earlier (5:00 PM) and asked if we could be seated earlier in the main room (, especially if you have kids). We were there just before the 4th of July weekend, so it was VERY busy. Again, best meal I have EVER had! O’hana’s is definitely on our list for the next visit!!! Good luck!

:donald:

I’ll send some pixie dust your way!

I’ve been calling to see if I could get in to O’Hana or Cape May for our trip the last week of August with no luck. I thought I would have some more luck once I got to 45 days out since I thought there might be a fair amount of people canceling trips due to gas prices/airfare prices but when I called again yesterday I got nothing.

I have ADRs for every night we are there, so we are good, but I might try a few walk ups or day of calls when we are there since I am still wondering if everyone who booked free dining is actually going to be making the trip with transportation costs so high.

Best of luck in with your ressie. I really hope you get it. Like others have said, keep trying, you never know.

Go early - when they open. We stayed at the Poly in June. We tried but we could not get a reservation b4 we left. It was las minute trip. Anyhow the CM told us that they hold ADRs for 15min then they release the table. We went right when they opened. They said it would be less than a hour wait. We waited about 15 minutes. There were a bunch of open tables. Maybe people just do not make it to the early ADRs because they are having fun in the park,