Ohana's checkin system

I’ve heard that Ohana has a separate line for walkups, does anyone know if this is correct? We have a dinner ADR for 6:25 but hoped for an earlier time. We plan to check in at 5ish and be prepared to wait, but which line would you use to check in?

No, there is one podium for checking in. I would try to make an ADR. Walk-ups are rare there.

We have one for 6:25, just hoping to get in earlier. I’ve checked a zillion times, nothing else is open.

Thanks for the info about the line, I didn’t want to stay in one line only to be told “you should be over there”.

If you do not specify a choice of seat they may get you in early. We have found this to be true because many people specify they would like the window and are willing to wait so they bump you ahead of them when a less desirable table opens. Your luck with this may vary.

Cubs is right. I will go 30 - 45 minutes before an ADR and ask for an early check-in. 9 times out of 10, you get it.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1124815]We have one for 6:25, just hoping to get in earlier. I’ve checked a zillion times, nothing else is open.

Thanks for the info about the line, I didn’t want to stay in one line only to be told “you should be over there”.[/QUOTE]

If you show up earlier than scheduled, they will still try to seat you as soon as possible, even if it’s before your reservation time.
BUT ONLY IF IT’S POSSIBLE!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1124846]If you show up earlier than scheduled, they will still try to seat you as soon as possible, even if it’s before your reservation time.
BUT ONLY IF IT’S POSSIBLE![/QUOTE]

Well, it’s just us and we have nothing much else to do. We can sit at the poly for an hour or two as well as sitting anyplace else.

…Then it’s definitely worth a try…We walk up and into busy restaurants every night of our visit to WDW…rarely ever make any ADR…you never know when someone doesn’t show up or cancels out…I would definitely show up early…someone else can take your later time right? Hey—this may be just the reason we are always able to get into busy sit downs at WDW—someone comes in early and starts the ball rolling for opening up times!!! :laugh::laugh:

Once we didn’t have an ADR for Ohana so we went at opening. We got the “it may be quite a wait” line. About 10 mins later, the heavens opened, rained so hard there was standing water on the paths around the poly. Hmmmm wonder if that slowed people down??? We were seated within 1/2 hr tops.