Ohana's

I tried to book Ohana’s today but, this restaurant was book for the entire week unless you wanted to eat dinner at 9:30PM. Does anyone have any trip advice regarding walk ups at this restaurant?

Yeah, find a different restaurant. :pinch:

Sorry, but my experience with O’hana has been that even WITH an ADR we end up sitting there for 20-30 minutes after our ADR time.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;960777]Yeah, find a different restaurant. :pinch:

Sorry, but my experience with O’hana has been that even WITH an ADR we end up sitting there for 20-30 minutes after our ADR time.[/QUOTE]

There’s ONE thing you can try, but be prepared to be disappointed.

Show up 30 minutes before the first dinner time-seating (4:30PM? - please check this, I’m not sure).

When you check in, they’ll give you a pager. They will seat you eventually, but it could be an hour or longer wait. Unless you’re with really young kids, it’s do-able. The lounge is a VERY comfortable place to hang out, chat and have a drink and a bar-snack or two.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;960777]Yeah, find a different restaurant. :pinch:

Sorry, but my experience with O’hana has been that even WITH an ADR we end up sitting there for 20-30 minutes after our ADR time.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Wish! Dining in WDW has become somewhat of a nightmare lately. I think with job cuts, they are either seating fewer people, or just don’t have the wait staff to handle what they have.

Getting adrs for the dining you want has become SO HARD!! Then actually sitting down at the ADR time rarely happens and then service is sooooo slow!

The only PLUS side, is it does just that, slows you down . . . you are on vacation after all! :laugh::laugh:

CS Rep said that I may get in if you are there at 5pm but, did not know if that was true or if you would have to wait a long time. Has anyone had a late dinner there? How well can you see the fireworks at MK?

Thanks Al

[QUOTE=alpol27;960784]CS Rep said that I may get in if you are there at 5pm but, did not know if that was true or if you would have to wait a long time. Has anyone had a late dinner there? How well can you see the fireworks at MK?

Thanks Al[/QUOTE]

Yes, last time we ate at O’hana it was later & we were lucky enough to be seated at a table right next to the window. You can see the fireworks and they play the audio from the show through the speakers in the restaurant.

I haven’t been seated for a late dinner, but there are some tables with gorgeous castle views. I would assume these would be delightful wishes viewing spots.

Yes. We ate at Ohana’s one evening and we were one table removed from the windows. During the MK Fireworks, they dim the lights and pipe the music into the restaurant. Little kids left their tables and sat right at the windows.

If you don’t have an ADR and take a chance of waiting, there’s virtually no chance of getting a good table.

Good luck, this is a very popular dining experience and I will have to say it is wonderful!

We went on Feb 10th for DH’s birthday as a walk-up. We got there around 6:00 got a pager and then waited an hour and a half. It was worth it though. They have lots of comfortable seating and the bar has Lapu Lapu’s (yummy). The kids enjoyed the gift shops and we looked around the resort a bit. It really wasn’t that bad.

Wow, we had an ADR for 5:25, got there about 5:15, received our pager, sat for not even 5 minutes and we were paged.

Actually all of our ADR’s were for around 5-5:30 and I don’t think we waited more than 10 minutes for any of them, even Chef Mickey’s. We were amazed!!!

The only thing we did not like is if you did not have an ADR in MK, they basically wouldn’t even talk to you. We decided to take a chance and try Tony’s and they said they were only seating people with reservations, same with The Plaza so we did Quick Service that night, which was fine by us. But then again, we were seated in less than 5 minutes at Sci Fi and in a car to boot! Go figure.