OK the MONEY Question?!?!?

How much do you take for 9 days at WDW? ( we are on the DELUXE dining plan and our kids have their own spending money)

Also trying to budget for the 7 day cruise part too! How much have you guys spent on a 7 day cruise?

Anyone?:blink:

You mean you have money left over after all that?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Oh my I have no idea. Are you a spender on Disney stuff. Maybe $50-100.00 a day.

[QUOTE=mousemom;957927]You mean you have money left over after all that?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Oh my I have no idea. Are you a spender on Disney stuff. Maybe $50-100.00 a day.[/QUOTE]

No joke!!:blink::laugh::blink:Not really!!! WE LOVE disney stuff that’s what is soo hard!!

Wow, thats a tough one then. I would still say roughly $100.00 per day.

I agree with mousemom about $100 a day… unless you are really into pin trading than that could go up if you have not stocked up on traders before arriving at Disney.

We love pin trading, so I did buy a bunch of trading pins for a great price, and we think we are gonna do the pressed pennies this time for something different!! And it is cheaper too!!:happy:

We too budget about $100/day for “extra expenses”. Souveniers, dining tips, cab rides, extra snacks/drinks beyond the dining plan etc…

Yeah I my girls and I both love the pressed pennies as well but don"t think that it can be cheap…Just wait until you start there is a bunch of them…

With the Deluxe Dining Plan, EVERY MORSEL of food will be covered! :laugh: So you won’t have to worry about that! It’s the alcoholic beverages you have to worry about (with dinner, if you drink) and souveniers.

We don’t really buy many souveniers AT ALL. We usually do the BASIC Dining Plan and only spend maybe $25 extra a day between 4 of us…if that! :laugh:

I have never been on a Disney Cruise, but I have been on a bunch of cruises. Again, no money will come out of your pockets for food. It’s the alcoholic beverages you will have to worry about. And Excursions. And bingo, stuff like that.

Your trip sounds like it is going to be AMAZING!!! I hope to go on a 7 night Disney Cruise in the next year or so. I can’t wait to see your report!

Yeah it could get expensive, but the deal is each one of our kids gets to fill one book and they each need to get different ones!! So we are limiting it! that is like $18 each because the books hold 36 pennies. Which is only like 2 pins… so I figure it is cheaper!! I hope!:blink::happy:

I hope to also…at least you are not doing the pressed quarters now that does get up there faster…my girls no matter where we are at love to do the pennies I have a disney book that they keep them both of theres in…I do limit how many they can get from one park or place usually… but they are a cheap form of souviners and do not take a lot of room up…

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;957987]With the Deluxe Dining Plan, EVERY MORSEL of food will be covered! :laugh: So you won’t have to worry about that! It’s the alcoholic beverages you have to worry about (with dinner, if you drink) and souveniers.

We don’t really buy many souveniers AT ALL. We usually do the BASIC Dining Plan and only spend maybe $25 extra a day between 4 of us…if that! :laugh:

I have never been on a Disney Cruise, but I have been on a bunch of cruises. Again, no money will come out of your pockets for food. It’s the alcoholic beverages you will have to worry about. And Excursions. And bingo, stuff like that.

Your trip sounds like it is going to be AMAZING!!! I hope to go on a 7 night Disney Cruise in the next year or so. I can’t wait to see your report![/QUOTE]

Well at WDW we will probably not drink at all. And on the cruise we are bringing our own on, because DCL lets you do that!! So that should save us a bunch!! We mainly want to shop! we love to shop!! (I have 2 girls) My DH and DS not soo much!

Our tip for the cruise is already covered with onboard credits, alcoholic beverages are for the most part covered, so I guess excursions and souveniers are what we need money for!!

And Yes I am very excited for this trip!!! I will give a full report when we get back!!

Yes I think we will stick to the pennies too!!!

Pennies vs. Pins
I never thought about it, but pennies seem like the winner!
Plus, if things get really bad, you have the copper to recycle :laugh:

I personally hate pennies only because they make my skin crawl. I know I may be crazy but I hate the feel and smell of them so I wouldn’t do pennies.
When I take both my DD they usually have $100 or so on them so I take $100 per day BUT always bring home a lot back.
For my Sept trip with only 1 DD I’m taking $700 for 9 nights but that won’t include BBB or Disney florist. That will be seperate. Madison will have $400 to $500 of her own plus the Disney birthday card.

I’m with you, Kim. When we’re on the (Basic) dining plan and all of our food and snacks are already taken care of, we spend very little. We do have Disney Visa and I use the rewards to pay for all of the tips, so that makes a difference. I really try not to buy too many souveniers. Of course everyone needs a couple of things to remember the trip, but I typically only give my kids $20-30 for the entire trip. They budget their money and choose a couple of small things they really want. We have plenty of Disney T-shirts already! We LOVE going in all of the shops and browsing around, but we try to limit buying to the end of the week when we’ve seen it all and are certain what we want to buy.

You are doing 9 days at disney and then (as in right away) a 7 day cruise??? That will be some TR. Better start writing it now.

We are on the basic dinning plan and the kids will have there own spending money that looks like they will each have about $200 - $250 by the time we go, so we are taking $ 100 a day plus $1000 for the entire trip for tips

That is exactly us. We do not buy Disney stuff. We just enjoy being there and being together. We do get a couple of small things as well,but not that much. It is the kids who get stuff not me. I buy stuff for the kids but seldom ever buy for myself.

We never bring that much money with us, usually $400 ($200 for dh and $200 for myself). That covers tips, small misc. Everything else gets put on the room card, that then gets charged to our Disney Visa. That way, we get Disney points for next trip, and then I don’t have to worry about running out of money.