Okay, you knowledgeable BLT owners

Does anyone know what date they’re expected to open and when they begin booking? Allearsnet says fall 2009, but I was hoping for a month.

I got this fabulous idea (lol) to stay at BLT for my 18th birthday in late November/early December, but with BLT just opening in fall, I suppose it will probably be booked with DVC members. Any chance fall means September and I might have a shot at BLT? :laugh:

Also, can you tell from the points about how much it will cost per night?

Thanks, guys (maybe one day I’ll join the DVC club)!

From what I understand they are expeecting to open their doors to guest in Sept. '09 & they begin booking for DVC members only the first couple week in March '09. It’s hard to tell if you’d have a shot with a cash reservation or not; I don’t see why not BUT it’s been such a popular & anticipated resort that’s it’s going to be hard to guess capacity; especially with the economy holding people back.

As far as cash cost per night, that’s another thing that’s hard to estimate. Just looking at the DVC point chart doesn’t really give too many clues as to exactly how much they’d charge per night cash. ALTHOUGH, I think it would be safe to assume that MK & Lake view at BLT is probably going to be on par with the regular Contemporary’s MK view, the Poly MK view, & maybe the standard/garden views at the GF.

Ressies open on March 1st.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;921232]
I got this fabulous idea (lol) to stay at BLT for my 18th birthday in late November/early December, but with BLT just opening in fall, I suppose it will probably be booked with DVC members. Any chance fall means September and I might have a shot at BLT? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Technically, most of September is summer. Autumn doesn’t start until the 21-22, depending on the year.
Nice idea though. I love that new hotel smell!

Renting points from a DVC member might be your best bet - but I have a feeling that for the first year or so, ressies are going to be as precious as diamonds and as scarce as hen’s teeth.