Old Disney Photos

This idea came to me. For us who have been going to WDW/DL for many years, we have old photo’s. My old photo’s begin in 1978. (My trip to DL in 1963 was captured on a Bell & Howell movie reel. I still have the movie reel but I’m afraid it will crumble if I attempt to do anything with it)

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be fun if each of us posted just a FEW of our old photos. Seeing how we dressed & our hair styles. How thin I was. I can look at my old photos of myself… laugh & think… what was I thinking!! :laugh:

What do ya’ll think of this idea?

What a GREAT idea!!

I’m sure many of us here at MouseBuzz have tons of old photos! And with technology being what it is today, it would be easy to get these photos transferred to digital medium! I’m gonna have a look at my parents house to find all the old vacation photos from the two twips to WDW that we made in the 70’s!

We took our first trip to Florida just after WDW opened! Remember the skytram, or whatever it was called? I’m sure we took pictures from that ride looking out over the Magic Kingdom!

Like I said, what a GREAT idea!!:happy:

This is one of my oldest ones. It’s about 30 years old. It’s kind of faded & scratched up a bit. Can’t recall why I didn’t smile. Anyone remember those Terry Cloth outfits? ewww We won’t even mention the hair.

[QUOTE=brebre_51;888584]This idea came to me. For us who have been going to WDW/DL for many years, we have old photo’s. My old photo’s begin in 1978. (My trip to DL in 1963 was captured on a Bell & Howell movie reel. I still have the movie reel but I’m afraid it will crumble if I attempt to do anything with it)

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be fun if each of us posted just a FEW of our old photos. Seeing how we dressed & our hair styles. How thin I was. I can look at my old photos of myself… laugh & think… what was I thinking!! :laugh:

What do ya’ll think of this idea?[/QUOTE]

I think it is a wonderful idea. Just have to wait for DM to visit to bring all of my childhood photos from Disney.

Great idea. This photo’s from 1997. Not that old of a photo, but still old nonetheless. Does anyone else remember posing in this astro orbitor car?

My Mom just gave me a bunch of “old” ones from 1988 . . . when I get a minute to scan them . . . I’ll post some!! :happy:

I totally remember those. They must have been really comfy though. Remember the Tube Top ones also. My Mom had those in every color. I can’t wait to get a hold of some of my photos.

This is my two girls in their terry cloth clothes. I don’t think either one is smiling.

Who remembers The Electrical Parade?

Great photos!

When we get back from our cruise, I’ll head tover to my parent’s house and dig through all the old vacation photos! I know I’ll find our old Disney pictures!

Wait till you see some of those!!:laugh:

Poly July 1978, 2 very dangerous pirates (heehee that is my cousin the very serious lawyer holding the rifle - he’d kill me if he saw this!) July 1978 and I am not sure on the date of the train pic but it must have been early/mid 1980’s. That one is from Main Street Picture Parlor.

I have many more! My mom just sent me a box full of my old photos, I have been torturing my High School friends posting our old photos on Facebook :wink:

How adorable! I love the old photos!

OK. . . I scanned a couple . . . not sure how’ll they come out? All take in 1991 . . . 17 years ago . . . :eek:!

Electrical Parade . . . not a great picture, but check out the size of the video camera on the guy in the orange shirt! And this was only 1991! :eek:

Goofy in his cool “space age” outfit in front of COP!

Minnie in a flappers costume . . . I THINK this was the old stage show at Cosmic Rays . . .
Does anyone REMEMBER this??

The Rocketter (Did he fly? Why do I remember he did?)

Good ole Roger Rabbit . . . I wonder why they didn’t make more with him?

This is a terrific thread. I am loving these old pics. Unfortunately, I don’t have any. I went some time around 1976, but my mom does not have any pics from that time.

My personal pics are only as old as 2003.

Found a few more . . .
these are from my FIRST trip to the Magic Kingdom - 1974!

First time EVER meeting Mickey! (bummed this picture is fading!)

Mom and me in front of the castle. Check out Mom’s dress!! It was a maternity dress since my little bro was due that month!! Talk about SHORT!

Main Street Parade!

Yep! I caught the Disney bug! :heart:

Great thread & great photos. I’m going to have to raid my mom’s photo albums for pix from our trip in 1978. I had some terry outfits we bought just for that trip, lol!

This is from a trip we took in 1980. Thats me in the middle. :redface: For the life of me I can’t remember what was pinned to my shirt and neither can my parents. They make strollers like they used to huh. :laugh:

Oh my god, these are just the BEST photos ever. I don’t have time before I leave but i’ll have to search for some and scan when I get home. There may be a few already on this computer… I’ll look real quick.

That must have been the Disney rental stroller? Cuz I’m sitting in a similar one!! :laugh::laugh: