Old Guide Books

Does anybody here read some of the older “outdated” guide books when they want another Disney fix?

Someone gave me a Mini Mickey 1998 which I just read through. I found it interesting. Animal Kingdom was about to open so some of the details were very sketchy. Also, River Country and Discovery Island are mentioned as active.

Man, I have to get a life… :laugh:

A 1998 edition would definitely bring back some great memories. Discovery Island…wow!!:laugh:

I usually give my old books away - but I have the first Birnbaum I ever bought for a trip to Disneyland back in 1990. I can still remember how excited I was to buy it. It’s nice to keep it and remember how much fun we had there with my sister’s family.

I still have one of the pictoral souvenir books from 1986. DHS and Ak were not even around yet. It is from a trip with my parents when I was in high school. It is fun looking through it and seeing all the attractions that are no longer in the parks, such as Horizons, World of Motion, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It even has a write up on Discovery Island and River Country!:laugh: It looks so dated, but brings back a lot of memories from some of my first few trips to WDW.
-Scott