Old Lady in Grand Floridian Lobby

Any one else noticed an older lady seated in the Grand Floridian Lobby with luggage next to her just sitting there? I noticed the same lady sitting near the closest elevators to Park Fare in August 2009 when we stayed there. Then again sitting in the same place in June 2011 when we ate at Park Fare for dinner. Of course I was the only one in our family that noticed her. Maybe I am weird that way!!!

She stands out a little because one of her bags has this huge pink shaw wrapped around the luggage pulling handle with numerous stuffed animals in it. Also her wig is very obvious as well and she wears tons of make up.

Just wanted to see if there was a story about her or not.

I’ve read about her on other sites. She’s a sweet lady who lost her DH (I believe). She spends a lot of time at the GF. She is always happy to chat with guests.

Here’s some information from someone who claims to be her sister.

http://www.disboards.com/images/statusicon/thread_hot_new.gif

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1081223]Here’s some information from someone who claims to be her sister.

http://www.disboards.com/images/statusicon/thread_hot_new.gif[/QUOTE]

bad link…

I think this is the correct link:

Mystery Woman w/Teddy Bears at Grand Floridian Mystery Solved!! - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Thanks for the information. Should have stopped to say hello but we always seem to be in the “Disney Rush”.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1081226]I think this is the correct link:

Mystery Woman w/Teddy Bears at Grand Floridian Mystery Solved!! - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I was trying to copy and paste with my iPhone. We had some nasty storms roll through last night and this morning and we lost our Internet this morning so I only had my phone.

Interesting, lovely story. I’ve never heard of this lady before.

On the other hand - why do I always feel dirty visiting Disboards?

[QUOTE=llama;1081239]Interesting, lovely story. I’ve never heard of this lady before.

On the other hand - why do I always feel dirty visiting Disboards?[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh: :laugh:

[QUOTE=llama;1081239]Interesting, lovely story. I’ve never heard of this lady before.

On the other hand - why do I always feel dirty visiting Disboards?[/QUOTE]

You should feel dirty:ohmy: and disloyal too:eek:
On the other hand, there’s always Visions Fantastic.
They’ve got a really good collection of photos and videos.

How was Park Fare??
I’ve never noticed this lady @ the GF. I’ll have to pay more attention.
Very interesting story on the “other” board.
I used to notice a retired, I guess, gentleman who would be at the MK rope-drop every time I went. Asked a CM there who told me he is there EVERY DAY. But alas, I haven’t seen him at all since last fall.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1081360]How was Park Fare??
Frank[/QUOTE]

I like Park Fare but my DW would rather eat somewhere else. Kids enjoy it as well so we skip it every other trip or so. I like the buffet a few more options for adults to pick from versus chef mickeys. Kids options seem to be the same as chef mickeys.

Monrailrider, ever try Cape May??
Have not eaten there lately, but it appears to be a popular venue.
Frank

Oh I’ve not heard of this lady either- what a nice story.

This nice old lady that sits there at the grand fl. has been going there for years. She used to go with her husband all the time and he passed away, but she still goes I believe every day with her stuffed animals. All the employees know her there. Actually my bother in law and nephew used to bring her there and drop her off and pick her up until recently. She liked to listen to the piano player and talk to people. She is very nice so stop by and say hi.

I’m gonna looke for her.

In October.

While I’m THERE!

We have seen her every time weve been she is there every day we were just there in february and saw her every time we went into the lobby. She never seems to interested in talking with anyone and we asked at the desk what her story was. Sweet story

>>A Former WDW CP at the Grand FLoridian!<<

I’m curious, what is a CP??
Frank