OMG, a poodle perm with the texture of a brillo pad

I am baaaaack. We had a great trip.

Here we go:

Riiiiinnnng, riiinnnnng - 3:40 am, time to get out of that warm, cozy bed and hit the road. Blech, who wants to get out of bed so early? I do, I do. I can’t wait…

I happily jumped out of bed and got our trip started. Gosh, I was so excited and also a little sad to leave the boys behind.
Our plane left at 7:05 as planned. I knew it would leave on time because it’s the plane that carries that mail - it has to go out, heehee.

sunrise over Clarkston :tongue:

I really love the Detroit airport :happy:

For the first time ever we got to Orlando in the morning. Usually we arrive after midnight. THIS was a great treat.
We passed the long, long lines for ME and I was glad that we had opted out of that freebie. Our driver was waiting for us at baggage claim, ready to stow our luggage in a shiny black Escalade.

So, as we were riding in that black, shiny Escalade, I noticed some emptiness. It seemed to me that we were missing someone. Ummmmm, Marti that rat, errrr…cat, was no where to be found.
“Where is she?” I asked.
“I don’t know” Mike said. I just know that he was happy about that. Marti gets on his nerves, what with all the complaining she does
"Uhhhh, she must still be sitting on the kitchen counter" - I was mortified :ohmy: I could just hear the voices of the MB cat people scolding me. I pulled out my phone to call my friend LuAnn and have her overnight Marti so that I wouldn’t get in trouble with the Cat Whisperers :pinch:

Ok, first day:
Check in around 11 am was a cinch. We must have arrived between bus loads :smile: Our room was ready in building 5 overlooking something like a grassy town square. The resort is nice, the CMs are the nicest we have encountered but we won’t be back. The music drove me crazy :wacko:
Give me Riverside any time. Well, that or any of the Epcot resorts :biggrin:
The resort was full, at least for the weekend, but the parks were pretty quiet. There were very few standby times longer than 10 minutes in any of the parks for the entire time we were there. Not even for Toy Story Mania.
Maybe it had something to do with our timing, who knows.

Here comes our ride to DTD :biggrin:

Our package didn’t start until the next day, so we tooled around DTD. Of course we took the boat down there, that’s one of the reasons we like staying at POR.

I’m glad you’re back…I missed you.

Keep posting now!

Off to Fulton’s for a drink and some oysters and crab claws. The drinks were great, the oysters outstanding and the crab - well, it had been defrosted a few hours before we got there.
Dang, Mike was disappointed.

Don’t you just love that ceiling?

Yes, they had lots to drink

Looks good, tasted defrosted

yummmmmm

After Fulton’s we went exploring the DTD area. Very slowly walking through the place, drinking something good from the Marguerita bar and people watching.
Around 7 pm my phone rang. Our friends had arrived and were on their way to DTD. We met at WP Cafe for a quick bite. I don’t know what anyone else ate and I don’t really give a hoot either because I had a truck load of fantabulously delicious sushi. It really was fantastic and I was in Disney heaven :closedeye

We went home around 10 PM and that’s when I noticed that I had forgotten my hair dryer and flat iron and hair products. Yikes, my hair looked like I had stuck my finger in a socket and there was nothing I could do. My shnazzy haircut suddenly looked like I had a poodle perm with the texture of a brillo pad :pinch:
This is how I had to walk around all week and I was not happy.

Yeeehaw, tomorrow is another day :wink:

[QUOTE=roxie;930577]I’m glad you’re back…I missed you.

Keep posting now![/QUOTE]

Hey Angie, good to see you too. I can’t post any longer tonight. We got home really late last night and then I had to get the kids to school and get my household back together, I need to go to bed, yawn.

I will be back tomorrow :blush:

Yea, a trip report. It sounds like you had a perfect first day, very relaxing.

Forgetting hair products is one of my fears when we travel, I understand the brillo pad/poodle perm…

G’night Iris!

Great start! Can’t wait to read more!! :wub:

[QUOTE=Dopey;930579]
We went home around 10 PM and that’s when I noticed that I had forgotten my hair dryer and flat iron and hair products. Yikes, my hair looked like I had stuck my finger in a socket and there was nothing I could do. My shnazzy haircut suddenly looked like I had a poodle perm with the texture of a brillo pad :pinch:
This is how I had to walk around all week and I was not happy.

Yeeehaw, tomorrow is another day :wink:[/QUOTE]

That is exactly why I have an Owner’s Locker!! (I actually have two flat irons in it :laugh: One is mine, the other belongs to my DS)…

I would have sent you my locker!

And before I forget… Yippee! a TR!

Welcome back!!! You were missed!

Welcome home Iris. Can’t wait for more report, but you are going to have to hurry up and do it all or I’ll miss it…I leave on Thursday.:laugh:

What was that Dana? I thought I heard you say you are leaving the DAY AFTER TOMORROW???:biggrin:

Looks like fantastic weather.

[QUOTE=leslieh;930600]That is exactly why I have an Owner’s Locker!! (I actually have two flat irons in it :laugh: One is mine, the other belongs to my DS)…

I would have sent you my locker!

And before I forget… Yippee! a TR![/QUOTE]

I would have loved to be able to get into your locker. If I were quicker on my feet, I could maybe have found a store somewhere around DTD and bought an iron.

Awww, thank you :wub:

Dana, You’ll have to bookmark, I have very little time. If I don’t “see” you until you leave…Llama is very excited to have drinks with you.
I think she’s still in shock over having to look at my hair for a whole 2 hours the other night :redface:

The weather actually was wonderful the first 5 or 6 days and then -whammo- from 79 degrees to 50 degrees overnight and rain for nearly a whole day. Next day we had beautiful sunshine and cold temps. It was doable :closedeye

Welcome Back.

Good Morning Iris, welcome back. You were missed. Sorry about your hair, but what about Marti. Did he make it? Roland wants to know how you liked the Biergarten. Maybe I should wait for the rest of your tr. Carry on!:blush:

Hooray!! Hooray!! You are back.

I have been wasting away, just counting down the days to your return.:closedeye

Sunrise over Clarkston. :tongue:

And, heehee, hohoho, heehee, you forgot your styling products. I am having a hard time believing that.

Did your stylist come to your rescue??:huh:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;930670]Hooray!! Hooray!! You are back.

I have been wasting away, just counting down the days to your return.:closedeye

Sunrise over Clarkston. :tongue:

And, heehee, hohoho, heehee, you forgot your styling products. I am having a hard time believing that.

Did your stylist come to your rescue??:huh:[/QUOTE]

“heehee, hohoho, heehee”??? Some friend you are. No, no that Lee stayed at Riverside and offered me some of her shampoo, which I fogot to accept. I can’t tell you how embarrassing this was all week. I actually looked my age :ohmy: and not in a good way.

Loretta, hi! I’ll tell you all about the Biergarten. Have you eaten there before?